North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 12 Apr 2015

(12 Apr 2015, 4:49 pm)Andreos1 Just put the telly on and found a 90's Pointless Celebrities.

Right Said Fred.
Trevor and Simon
Terry Christian and Katie Puckrick
Jet and a p!ssed Ulrika Johnson...

Don't know who Katie Puckrick is.

Would have preferred Dani Behr though.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 12 Apr 2015

(12 Apr 2015, 4:51 pm)Michael Jet, the one and only Jet from Gladiators? 

God, shes still hot as out!

You reckon?
Not sure... Mind, if she knocked on the door, made sure Mrs Constantopolous wasn't about, whipped off her clothes and started using the settees and table as a makeshift Gladiators arena - I may be persuaded Wink.

(12 Apr 2015, 4:52 pm)MurdnunoC Don't know who Katie Puckrick is.

Would have preferred Dani Behr though.

She was on The Word too.

Hope you were watching mind, Right Said Fred put on a turn at the end...

(12 Apr 2015, 5:06 pm)Andreos1 She was on The Word too.

Hope you were watching mind, Right Said Fred put on a turn at the end...

Nah, I wasn't watching.

What did they do? I'm too Sexy or Deeply Dippy? 

(12 Apr 2015, 5:10 pm)MurdnunoC Nah, I wasn't watching.

What did they do? I'm too Sexy or Deeply Dippy?

I was hoping for 'Don't talk just kiss', but they did 'I'm too sexy'

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 12 Apr 2015

God i miss Gladiators, was a Saturday TVshow for everyone to watch... UK Gladiators - Gladiators Introduction 1993 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_oZXlEk6wc

Shame the one Sky one did was terrible, thankfully it was canceled.

(12 Apr 2015, 5:17 pm)Andreos1 I was hoping for 'Don't talk just kiss', but they did 'I'm too sexy'

I forgot about 'Don't talk just kiss' actually.

Takes you back to your youth club years doesn't it!

Just looked up Dani Behr. I can't believe she's only 40!

RE: General TV thread - Adrian - 12 Apr 2015

(12 Apr 2015, 5:32 pm)Michael God i miss Gladiators, was a Saturday TVshow for everyone to watch... UK Gladiators - Gladiators Introduction 1993 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_oZXlEk6wc  

The original one was class. Used to love Jet and Lightning. 

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 12 Apr 2015

(12 Apr 2015, 5:32 pm)Michael God i miss Gladiators, was a Saturday TVshow for everyone to watch... UK Gladiators - Gladiators Introduction 1993 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_oZXlEk6wc  

Oh yeah, thankfully there was such a thing as Challenge where I sometimes got to see the old school repeats.

I vaguely remember the Sky One series and it was terrible.

RE: General TV thread - Adrian - 12 Apr 2015

Did anyone see Jet/Diane Youdale in Loaded by the way? It was in 2008 if anyone wants to Google it - best not start sticking the pics up on here. Smile

(12 Apr 2015, 5:34 pm)MurdnunoC Just looked up Dani Behr. I can't believe she's only 40!

She can't be... Can she?

She was on The Word a few years before she became a footballers plaything and basing it around the age I was at the time and my age now, she must be older than 40.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 12 Apr 2015

Wow, i didn't know she was from Middlesbough haha

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 12 Apr 2015

(12 Apr 2015, 5:37 pm)Jimmi Oh yeah, thankfully there was such a thing as Challenge where I sometimes got to see the old school repeats.

I vaguely remember the Sky One series and it was terrible.

Challenge is awful for broadcasting shows. Whenever Gladiators was on, it was always the Sky One version which is completely pathetic. I hate remakes of previous shows which seen to be the modern trend at the moment (Stars in their Eyes, Celebrity Squares and Catchphrase to name but a few) as they just arent as good as the original.

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 12 Apr 2015

(12 Apr 2015, 6:13 pm)Robert Challenge is awful for broadcasting shows. Whenever Gladiators was on, it was always the Sky One version which is completely pathetic. I hate remakes of previous shows which seen to be the modern trend at the moment (Stars in their Eyes, Celebrity Squares and Catchphrase to name but a few) as they just arent as good as the original.

I'm taking about Challenge a few years back before it was bought by Sky, back then it was wall to wall repeats of Gladiators, Ninja Warrior, Takeshi's Castle and Who Wants To Be a Millionaire. Sadly Millionaire is often still repeated to death although since Sky bought it there has been some different random old stuff on there.

Hated the Sky remake of Gladiators and all these other remakes including the ones mentioned in your post were terrible too.

Vera on again.
Focussing on a murder during the 84/85 miners strike.

Looks like it could have been filmed around the Durham pit villages - Esh, Tow Law etc

(12 Apr 2015, 5:52 pm)Andreos1 She can't be... Can she?

She was on The Word a few years before she became a footballers plaything and basing it around the age I was at the time and my age now, she must be older than 40.

Aye, she's 41 in July according to her Wikipedia page.

Based upon the same information as you, I thought she would've been in her mid-to-late 40s. She must have been in her teens when hosting The Word. 

(12 Apr 2015, 7:42 pm)MurdnunoC Aye, she's 41 in July according to her Wikipedia page.

Based upon the same information as you, I thought she would've been in her mid-to-late 40s. She must have been in her teens when hosting The Word.

There are clips online from 1992, when she was '18'.

(12 Apr 2015, 8:28 pm)Adam I've noticed they've been to South Shields beach and funfair tonight. Seeing all the rides brought back many a memory from my childhood.

Vera over the Holy Island causeway to get to the shows.
Canny sized patch she has!

(12 Apr 2015, 8:29 pm)citaro5284 Just seen our local Undertaker, a guy called Peter Melrose take that body out in the amusements....I had to look twice

There was a Metrobus in there too.
Operated by 'Metrobus'.

At least they went for an authentic undertaker!

(12 Apr 2015, 8:37 pm)Andreos1 There are clips online from 1992, when she was '18'.

She looks and acts older than 18 in one clip I've just watched. She was quite mature for her age back then,

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 13 Apr 2015

(12 Apr 2015, 8:46 pm)MurdnunoC She looks and acts older than 18 in one clip I've just watched. She was quite mature for her age back then,

Just found this on her website:
At 16, Behr’s realization became reality, when she was chosen from thousands of hopefuls to host what became one of the highest rated late night shows on British TV, ‘The Word’.

Is that the clip with Mark Whalberg? Fluffy stockings and a skimpy top?