North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 11 May 2015

(11 May 2015, 8:04 pm)Andreos1 A TV show following you around with your daily trials and tribulations would be better than the stuff their producers come up with!
You just have to provide the commentary.

Stephen Mulhern - urgh.

I am a rather plain person but even I could make more interesting viewing than this show sounds.

I think there is enough film already showing Robson Green fishing, don't think we need another show with him and his massive fish.

Anyone watching Benefits Street Stockton, not surprised this photographer doesn't want to be filmed as being part of this garbage.

Why is it always the North East that ends up with all these documentaries, we aren't the only poor part of the country.

RE: General TV thread - LeeCalder - 11 May 2015

One for Davie....

If Durham is a sh1thole, what is Stockton? ;-)

(No offence to anyone that lives in Stockton... My Auntie lives there and she hates the place)

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 11 May 2015

(11 May 2015, 8:21 pm)Jimmi I am a rather plain person but even I could make more interesting viewing than this show sounds.

I think there is enough film already showing Robson Green fishing, don't think we need another show with him and his massive fish.

Forgot about Ade Edmondson doing one.
The spin on his, was that he towed around a caravan and made/ate food.

Robbie Coltrane travelled the UK, using B roads.

I reckon there could be mileage in someone doing it on a bus like.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 11 May 2015

Watching 300, haven't seen it in ages!

This is sparta!

RE: General TV thread - Malarkey - 11 May 2015

Well The Nightbus on Channel 4 was dreadful.

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 11 May 2015

(11 May 2015, 10:11 pm)Malarkey Well The Nightbus on Channel 4 was dreadful.
Being a Channel 4 programme it was pretty much what I was expecting, just showing a selection of young drunk people wanting to get laid.

After a few minutes even though it has buses in it I lost all intrest and just became something that was on in the background.

Another two episodes, don't think I bother with them.

RE: General TV thread - northern156 - 12 May 2015

9 minutes in and I really can't be arsed watching it, it's crap. Mind, a program like that which is designed to draw viewers in (supposedly) will only have limited appeal anyway!

If I wanted to watch videos of B9TLs I'd go on Youtube Big Grin

RE: General TV thread - Davie - 12 May 2015

(11 May 2015, 10:11 pm)Malarkey Well The Nightbus on Channel 4 was dreadful.

I was going to watch that, I'm pleased I didn't after what's been said!

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 14 May 2015

Watching the Theory Of Everything.. only being on 40 minutes and i'm really enjoying it.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 14 May 2015

(14 May 2015, 6:08 pm)Michael Watching the Theory Of Everything.. only being on 40 minutes and i'm really enjoying it.

This movie is so good, you all need to watch it.

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 16 May 2015

I started watching the first series of Arrow today.

I thought the first episode was pretty good; it left me wanting more.

Many of my friends are recommending that I watch True Detective. Has anyone watched this? From what I hear it's meant to be very good.

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 25 May 2015

I thought Lorraine Bowen's "act" (everybody's cooking crumble) on Britain's Got Talent was hilarious last time, but I wasn't particularly impressed with her song about space on tonight's show.

Loved the Harry Potter themed dancing act though.

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 25 May 2015

(25 May 2015, 7:58 pm)Dan I thought Lorraine Bowen's "act" (everybody's cooking crumble) on Britain's Got Talent was hilarious last time, but I wasn't particularly impressed with her song about space on tonight's show.

Loved the Harry Potter themed dancing act though.

I agree with Lorraine Bowen. I didn't like the dance act, its just not my style as too many are going on these shows and getting through. Its annoying and tiring imo.

I now love Simon Cowell for what he has just done. I know i said i didn't like the dancers but so glad Simon chose to send them through because if he had taken it to 'dead lock' as they call it on the Xfactor, Henry would have got through and to be honest, i couldn't stand him for some reason.

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 25 May 2015

(25 May 2015, 8:59 pm)Robert I now love Simon Cowell for what he has just done. I know i said i didn't like the dancers but so glad Simon chose to send them through because if he had taken it to 'dead lock' as they call it on the Xfactor, Henry would have got through and to be honest, i couldn't stand him for some reason.

Aww, I liked him! I wanted Henry and the Harry Potter dancers to go through.

Henry was full of enthusiasm, and I think he would have been delighted with getting into the finals. The whole "boy sings for girl" story was getting on my nerves a bit and I thought it was a bit disappointing that he didn't sing a different song, mind. I think the dancers were deserving of the win.

Not keen on the choir at all - not my kinda thing.

(25 May 2015, 9:03 pm)Dan Aww, I liked him! I wanted Henry and the Harry Potter dancers to go through.

Henry was full of enthusiasm, and I think he would have been delighted with getting into the finals. The whole "boy sings for girl" story was getting on my nerves a bit and I thought it was a bit disappointing that he didn't sing a different song, mind. I think the dancers were deserving of the win.

Not keen on the choir at all - not my kinda thing.

I would have preferred to see that dog act go through rather than that choir - mainly because what Simon said they had lined up if they got through to the final. After her performance, I didn't think Lorraine Bowen would be as popular as she was in the audition as it lost the 'kitchen' theme which appeared to have been carried on in her mini profile VT before her performance. 

As for Henry, there was just something about him that i hated. I admired his enthusiasm while performing but i have to ask myself, would the queen want to listen to somebody singing for the girl? Maybe the queen could be that girl? Who knows? Getting as bad as Michael for questions. 3 in 1 Tongue 

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 26 May 2015

Best Top Gear Laughs Ever - Collection

This was off a while back but this is funny as out haha - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5GJLBE-9Cs

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 26 May 2015

Well i wonder who will get through to the final tonight. I know which 2 i want to get through.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 27 May 2015

(26 May 2015, 8:36 pm)Robert Well i wonder who will get through to the final tonight. I know which 2 i want to get through.

Is this for BGT, some stupids act's got through to the semi finals, i didn't watch it last night, who got through?

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 27 May 2015

(27 May 2015, 2:16 pm)Michael Is this for BGT, some stupids act's got through to the semi finals, i didn't watch it last night, who got through?

Yeah. That dog act and Old Men Grooving got through. Yet another dance act through to the final...

On another note, Never Mind The Buzzcocks is to end after 18 years, the BBC will not be making a 29th series: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32889471