North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 01 Jun 2015

Take a word
Change a letter
Do it again
And you have a chain
Thats how you playayay Chain Letters!

Such a cool theme tune!

RE: General TV thread - citaro5284 - 01 Jun 2015

(01 Jun 2015, 8:35 pm)MurdnunoC The experience was quite tedious to be honest. 

It was definitely Crosswits and not Chain Letters I went to watch being filmed. I remember the host was called something O'Connor. I thought it might have been Des O'Connor but, after a quick check on Wikipedia, it turns out the host's name was Tom O'Connor. He's obviously someone who made a great impression on me - I can't remember who he was or what he looks like and, to top it off, got both his identity and the name of the show he hosted mixed up with someone and something else. 

I use to like Catchword with Paul Coia on BBC2.  They had to try and make words and that is where I first heard the longest and second longest words in the dictionary...and I still cannot pronounce them today!!

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Floccinaucinihilipilification

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 01 Jun 2015

(01 Jun 2015, 8:35 pm)MurdnunoC The experience was quite tedious to be honest. 

It was definitely Crosswits and not Chain Letters I went to watch being filmed. I remember the host was called something O'Connor. I thought it might have been Des O'Connor but, after a quick check on Wikipedia, it turns out the host's name was Tom O'Connor. He's obviously someone who made a great impression on me - I can't remember who he was or what he looks like and, to top it off, got both his identity and the name of the show he hosted mixed up with someone and something else.

Curly, dark haired 'comedian'?
Can't remember the tune!

I have been on telly a few times, but never in a live studio audience.
Often looked at the sites for shows in London. They give the tickets away.
A few years back, I convinced the place I was working at, that a bonding trip to Leeds would be ideal and that we should get tickets for 'The Price is Right'.
Unfortunately Yorkshire TV came back and shared the news that they weren't making any more series.

I have also been 'live from our Newcastle studio' on BBC news.

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 01 Jun 2015

(01 Jun 2015, 8:46 pm)Robert Take a word
Change a letter
Do it again
And you have a chain
Thats how you playayay Chain Letters!

Such a cool theme tune!

The theme tune was certainly catchy and memorable but I don't know about cool.

Looking at the prize structure of Chain Letters, most people went away with some money unless, of course, you failed to answer a single question correctly. It reiterates my point about game shows being less generous than they once were. I wonder why? 

(01 Jun 2015, 8:48 pm)citaro5284 I use to like Catchword with Paul Coia on BBC2.  They had to try and make words and that is where I first heard the longest and second longest words in the dictionary...and I still cannot pronounce them today!!

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Cannot remember Catchwords at all I'm afraid. I have no idea who Paul Coia is either.

(01 Jun 2015, 8:49 pm)Andreos1 Curly, dark haired 'comedian'?
Can't remember the tune!

I have been on telly a few times, but never in a live studio audience.
Often looked at the sites for shows in London. They give the tickets away.
A few years back, I convinced the place I was working at, that a bonding trip to Leeds would be ideal and that we should get tickets for 'The Price is Right'.
Unfortunately Yorkshire TV came back and shared the news that they weren't making any more series.

I have also been 'live from our Newcastle studio' on BBC news.

Unless I made an effort to look for him on google (which I'm not about to), I couldn't tell you what he looked like. I can't remember the theme tune either. 

I used to like The Price was Right - the Leslie Crowther version anyway. I was quite young when it aired and didn't really understand the concept of the show but I like some of the games - especially Cliffhanger. Another game I used to like back then was 3, 2, 1. Once again, didn't understand the game at all but I liked Dusty Bin (and used to have a stuffed Dusty Bin toy). 

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 02 Jun 2015

Top Gear might do a Have I Got News for You and get a different co-host each episode

-.-, boycotting it anyway

Anyone remember this program... was addicted to this, it was good!

CBeebies: Sneak Peek Of The Clangers - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdVCqB1jyaY

Well its being re-released and i have to say it looks better than most re-boots, it appeared on my facebook news feed from the page - Den Of Geek

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 02 Jun 2015

(02 Jun 2015, 7:58 am)Michael Top Gear might do a Have I Got News for You and get a different co-host each episode

-.-, boycotting it anyway

I can't see that formula working for Top Gear. It'll just revert back to a motoring magazine programme with a special guest presenter. The chemistry between the three presenters is what makes the show stand out. Perhaps Clarkson can be replaced and the chemistry restored but it'll take time and perseverance.

(02 Jun 2015, 11:39 am)MurdnunoC I can't see that formula working for Top Gear. It'll just revert back to a motoring magazine programme with a special guest presenter. The chemistry between the three presenters is what makes the show stand out. Perhaps Clarkson can be replaced and the chemistry restored but it'll take time and perseverance.

It won't, BBC are making Top Gear out to be a joke if it goes ahead.

Top Gear won't work without the 3 of them together... i'm hoping to see them 3 together for a car show sometime.

Don't think they'll ever replace Clarkson... as in making remarks towards people.... no doubt the BBC will stop that! 

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 02 Jun 2015

(02 Jun 2015, 11:39 am)MurdnunoC I can't see that formula working for Top Gear. It'll just revert back to a motoring magazine programme with a special guest presenter. The chemistry between the three presenters is what makes the show stand out. Perhaps Clarkson can be replaced and the chemistry restored but it'll take time and perseverance.
I would be interested to see how guest presenters would work as such as with the way Top Gear is filmed with some stuff filmed months in advance and what the guest hosts would do, could we some doing power tests around the Top Gear test track in fast cars, would we also have to have the guest presenter meet another guest for the star in a reasonably priced car, also I imagine the guest hosts would need some car knowledge for it to work, image these cheap car challenges where the guest would pick something based on the colour and price of the car. Wonder if would end up like BBC panel shows and they'd often have to have women present episodes, just turn on one week and see Jo Brand driving around the track.

I don't think this will work as I think the chemistry you got from Top Gear will be gone, it just won't be the same especially without Clarkson as I think the two presenters whoever they will be will not totally connect with guest hosts especially with the programme format. I also think much of the silliness will go to and it may end becoming a more laid back motoring show.

Anyone watch Game Of Thrones yesterday?

Holy shit the last 20 minutes... were epic!

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 02 Jun 2015

Turns out the performance on Sunday wasn't as innocent as it seems... http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jun/02/bgt-winner-dog-double-jules-odwyer-britains-got-talent-final

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 02 Jun 2015

(02 Jun 2015, 3:56 pm)Robert Turns out the performance on Sunday wasn't as innocent as it seems... http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jun/02/bgt-winner-dog-double-jules-odwyer-britains-got-talent-final

Everyone moaned about there being a hole in the magician's lemon too...

Irritates me when people can't just sit there and enjoy the show, feeling the need to criticise everything.

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 02 Jun 2015

(02 Jun 2015, 4:03 pm)Dan Everyone moaned about there being a hole in the magician's lemon too...

Irritates me when people can't just sit there and enjoy the show, feeling the need to criticise everything.

If nothing had been said, i would never have known that there was another dog used and either way, i loved it. There may have been a hole in the lemon, but how did the note get in there in the first place? The note getting inside was the performance, not to show that there was a hoe in a lemon. When he made the mistake with the shoe in his semi, that sent me off as it made me think the whole lot was put up and arranged himself rather than the audience.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 03 Jun 2015

Question for everyone......... What is your favorite Disney movie of all time?

Mine has to be The Lion King...

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 6:34 pm)Michael Question for everyone......... What is your favorite Disney movie of all time?

Never been a big fan of Disney films if I'm honest. Same with the cartoons. I used to like watching Dumbo as a bairn but I don't remember watching anything else apart from that really. 

I was a bit too old for Lion King. 

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 6:34 pm)Michael Question for everyone......... What is your favorite Disney movie of all time?

Never a fan of Disney.
Old stuff or modern.

Always a WB lad.

(03 Jun 2015, 6:40 pm)MurdnunoC Never been a big fan of Disney films if I'm honest. Same with the cartoons. I used to like watching Dumbo as a bairn but I don't remember watching anything else apart from that really. 

I was a bit too old for Lion King. 

Disney has come along way since Snow White etc, its doing movies like the Avengers now haha

Pixar still does the best animated movies though =D

(03 Jun 2015, 6:42 pm)Andreos1 Never a fan of Disney.
Old stuff or modern.

Always a WB lad.

I was going to write the same but then it occurred I probably liked everything bar Disney. 

(03 Jun 2015, 6:42 pm)Michael Disney has come along way since Snow White etc, its doing movies like the Avengers now haha

Pixar still does the best animated movies though =D

On similar note, I've never been a fan of Marvel Comics. I was always into DC. Avengers doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. 

(03 Jun 2015, 6:45 pm)MurdnunoC On similar note, I've never been a fan of Marvel Comics. I was always into DC. Avengers doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. 

How come?, i've always though DC were meh, they do things like the Arrow, The Flash, Batman etc - something i don't really like

Everyone has options, which is good, it'll be boring if we all thought the same!