North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 03 Jun 2015

(03 Jun 2015, 6:48 pm)Michael How come?, i've always though DC were meh, they do things like the Arrow, The Flash, Batman etc - something i don't really like

Everyone has options, which is good, it'll be boring if we all thought the same! 

I suppose it's what you're exposed to when you're a young'un.

Batman was still airing on a regular basis during the 80s while Superman was still a big hit at the pictures. Towards the end of the 80s Batman had been revived on the big screen and the film largely regarded as reinventing/resurrcting the superhero/comic-book genre. I remember going watch Superman IV (a horrible film) with my parents at Jesmond Cinema as well as Batman with my uncle at the Cannon on Westgate Road/Waterloo Street. 

Although animated versions of Spiderman etc. aired on television, I wasn't into them. There were funnier cartoons which I preferred to watch at the time. I rarely bought comics, except from the Beano, but on the rare occasions I did, it was usually a Batman comic or something else from the DC universe. 

I guess I was just more familiar with DC stuff. 

RE: General TV thread - omnicity4659 - 04 Jun 2015

(02 Jun 2015, 7:58 am)Michael Top Gear might do a Have I Got News for You and get a different co-host each episode

-.-, boycotting it anyway

Whom of which will no very little about cars - and will be the quiet one because they know nothing and they will never fill the shoes of Clarkson.

RE: General TV thread - mb134 - 04 Jun 2015

(04 Jun 2015, 6:31 pm)Tommy_1581 Whom of which will no very little about cars - and will be the quiet one because they know nothing and they will never fill the shoes of Clarkson.

Can't see it being too long before Sky, ITV or Channel 4 sign Clarkson May and Hammond, as well as Wilman.

Although they get revenue from car adverts, car manufacturers still has adverts in Top Gear magazine, so I can't really see that big of a problem. 

Clarkson and Co will make millions for whoever sign them, and the BBC will crash, wasn't it their most profitable show?

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 04 Jun 2015

Star Trek' actress Nichelle Nichols reportedly suffered stroke.
Hope she gets better

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 05 Jun 2015

Just watched Les Miserables, gonna have to admit, i really enjoyed it, although i like concert version better.

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 05 Jun 2015

Anyone watching "Alan Carr: Chatty Man" tonight?

Peter Kay is absolutely hilarious. I haven't watched Chatty Man in ages, but I swear Peter is the first guest to have ever run around the studio, jumped on the audience members, etc, etc.

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 06 Jun 2015

(06 Jun 2015, 7:24 pm)Adam Finally sent off my application to appear on Question Time this Thursday. I find out on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday whether I've been accepted onto the programme or not. I hope I am.

Are you submitting a question to the panel?

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 09 Jun 2015

FIRST LOOK: Trailer For 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbd_s-486vQ

November needs to come now!

Holy shit, Denny has appeared in Eastenders, thought he fucked off

RE: General TV thread - citaro5284 - 09 Jun 2015

(09 Jun 2015, 6:32 pm)Michael Holy shit, Denny has appeared in Eastenders, thought he fucked off

Do you mean gone away.... Tongue

(09 Jun 2015, 6:39 pm)citaro5284 Do you mean gone away.... Tongue

Seems to of gone again.... haha 

Why bring characters in and then have them go missing for ages?

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 10 Jun 2015

(05 Apr 2015, 8:11 pm)Andreos1 She still hasn't cracked the accent like.

Keep saying how good it is man. Slow burner tonight.

You sure it was Whitley Bay Caravan Park?
There was a big sandbank/estuary in one of the shots, which made me think it was further up the coast towards Goswick Sands or (if they were desperate), Sandy Bay and Newbiggin.

Just seen an advert in Metro - looks like it was up Bamburgh/Waren Mill.
Knew it was Goswick in the background Wink

RE: General TV thread - Adrian - 11 Jun 2015

Less than 24 hours to go until the return of TFI Friday!

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 11 Jun 2015

(11 Jun 2015, 8:41 pm)aureolin Less than 24 hours to go until the return of TFI Friday!

I'm too young to remember when it was on before but I think I'll watch this tomorrow night.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 12 Jun 2015

(11 Jun 2015, 8:41 pm)aureolin Less than 24 hours to go until the return of TFI Friday!

I am uncertain as to what it will be like...

The studio has gone, Evans isn't as ginger and it isn't the 90's anymore!

Will be watching it like.

RE: General TV thread - Adrian - 12 Jun 2015

(12 Jun 2015, 9:33 am)Andreos1 I am uncertain as to what it will be like...

The studio has gone, Evans isn't as ginger and it isn't the 90's anymore!

Will be watching it like.
Looks pretty similar to me! It feels mad to be watching it again actually.

RE: General TV thread - northern156 - 12 Jun 2015

I'd actually be pretty interested in applying for a gameshow like Deal or No Deal. I love shows such as Tipping Point and The Chase however my general knowledge is shockingly poor!

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 12 Jun 2015

(12 Jun 2015, 8:16 pm)northern156 I'd actually be pretty interested in applying for a gameshow like Deal or No Deal. I love shows such as Tipping Point and The Chase however my general knowledge is shockingly poor!

Ill be shit at the questions to haha

General TV thread - Jimmi - 12 Jun 2015

Did anyone actually watch TFI Friday earlier?

Thought it was okay but nothing special for about the first half of the show but it got boring towards the end especially when Lewis Hamilton came on and they started talking about his meetings and what colour his doors where for about the last 45 minutes, yawn!

RE: General TV thread - Davie - 12 Jun 2015

(12 Jun 2015, 8:16 pm)northern156 I'd actually be pretty interested in applying for a gameshow like Deal or No Deal. I love shows such as Tipping Point and The Chase however my general knowledge is shockingly poor!

If you get on, good luck  Smile