North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 06 Apr 2014

(06 Apr 2014, 9:10 am)AdamY It's been primary medium for watching the shows I like for quite some time.

It started off with downloading Smallville every Friday morning from Season 5 onwards, then it was Heroes; The Office (US); Parks and Recreation; The Big Bang Theory and so on...

Also, without the internet, I probably wouldn't have had the chance to watch shows like The Wire or Breaking Bad.

I use the internet for most of my shows to, much better

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 15 Apr 2014

Monty Python:The Meaning Of Life Big Grin

ITV 4

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 15 Apr 2014

Been watching The Call Centre on BBC Three. Love that show.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 18 Apr 2014

Just eating my Good Friday Fish n Chips and found Benny Hill on ITV3.

It looks like there are a stack of old comedies on all weekend!

RE: General TV thread - citaro5284 - 18 Apr 2014

(18 Apr 2014, 11:15 am)Andreos Constantopolous It looks like there are a stack of old comedies on all weekend!

I see one of my favourite comedies is on as well....George and Mildred

(18 Apr 2014, 11:28 am)citaro5284 I see one of my favourite comedies is on as well....George and Mildred

Not just any George and Mildred though - it is the film!

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 18 Apr 2014

On the Buses and The Likely Lads films are usually on over Bank Holiday weekends. Since I can't be arsed to look through the television schedule, does anyone know whether they're on or not?

(18 Apr 2014, 4:19 pm)AdamY On the Buses and The Likely Lads films are usually on over Bank Holiday weekends. Since I can't be arsed to look through the television schedule, does anyone know whether they're on or not?

Had a look earlier and it seems not - not between now and Sunday anyway.

The Likely Lads film was only a few quid on the counter at HMV on Northumberland Street the other day like.

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 21 Apr 2014

Just had the chance to catch up with the last "The Michael McIntyre Chat Show". If you've watched any of the other episodes, you'll be familiar with the game "Send to All". Michael and James Corden swapped phones and sent a message to all of their phone contacts - absolutely brilliant.

Re: RE: General TV thread - MrFozz - 22 Apr 2014

(21 Apr 2014, 9:49 am)Dan Just had the chance to catch up with the last "The Michael McIntyre Chat Show". If you've watched any of the other episodes, you'll be familiar with the game "Send to All". Michael and James Corden swapped phones and sent a message to all of their phone contacts - absolutely brilliant.

Yeah, I saw that one, wqs quite funny McIntyres phone got in response to 'do you wanna hit a lapdancing bar' replies coming from Judy Murray, Roy Hodgson and his mother in law Wink

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 24 Apr 2014

One of my all time favourite episode of The Simpsons is coming up.

You only move twice, featuring Hank Scorpio.

Love it.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 28 Apr 2014

Not a TV program but gotta love Clint Eastwood's western movies!

The Good, The bad and the Ugly is my favorite from him

RE: General TV thread - citaro5284 - 28 Apr 2014

Cracking tv tonight....Just watched Big Bang Theory about trains and now going to watch Panorama Bernie Ecclestone:Lies, Bribes and Formula One

RE: General TV thread - Adrian - 28 Apr 2014

(28 Apr 2014, 7:11 pm)citaro5284 Cracking tv tonight....Just watched Big Bang Theory about trains and now going to watch Panorama Bernie Ecclestone:Lies, Bribes and Formula One

Will be watching that later. Read this article in The Guardian earlier, so it should be a good watch.

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 03 May 2014

Anyone remember Worzel Gummidge? I watched every episode as a kid with my nana and I recently remembered it - currently watching Series 1 now. Up to Episode 3!

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 03 May 2014

(03 May 2014, 8:44 pm)Dan Anyone remember Worzel Gummidge? I watched every episode as a kid with my nana and I recently remembered it - currently watching Series 1 now. Up to Episode 3!

I am aware of Worzel Gummidge though I never really watched it as a kid. I remember it airing on Channel 4 at approximately 10:45 on a Sunday morning (just after Pob, IIRC) but it failed to spark my interest as I thought it looked boring.

RE: General TV thread - tyresmoke - 06 May 2014

Did anyone watch the 'When Corden met Barlow' documentary last night? I thought it was an interesting insight into his life!

Re: RE: General TV thread - Adrian - 06 May 2014

(06 May 2014, 5:53 am)tyresmoke Did anyone watch the 'When Corden met Barlow' documentary last night? I thought it was an interesting insight into his life!

Yeah I did. Thought it was really good.

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 07 May 2014

Although it won't air until the Autumn, this looks like it has a lot of potential!

Can't wait!

RE: General TV thread - R852 PRG - 17 May 2014

I'm currently watching Top Gear and Jeremy Clarkson had just interviewed Jonathan Ross. When I've watched The Jonathan Ross Show in the past I've often wondering what people mean by 'he has a lisp', but just watching the interview now I could barely understand a word he was saying. Really bizarre.