North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

RE: General TV thread - BusLoverMum - 05 Sep 2015

You probably want to watch "it was alright in..." on C4 (well, 4+1, now)

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 05 Sep 2015

(05 Sep 2015, 9:17 pm)BusLoverMum You probably want to watch "it was alright in..." on C4 (well, 4+1, now)

Ahhh forgot that was on!

(05 Sep 2015, 9:30 pm)Michael Ahhh forgot that was on!

I missed the first 10 minutes.

And I'm so intrigued about the Martin Cole film that I'm annoyed that all traces have been removed off Youtube.

(05 Sep 2015, 10:14 pm)BusLoverMum I missed the first 10 minutes.

And I'm so intrigued about the Martin Cole film that I'm annoyed that all traces have been removed off Youtube.

I missed all of it, my dad was watching the boxing, couldn't be boshed to go upatairs to watch it.. haha

I'll watch it tomorrow Big Grin

(05 Sep 2015, 10:20 pm)Michael I missed all of it, my dad was watching the boxing, couldn't be boshed to go upatairs to watch it.. haha

I'll watch it tomorrow Big Grin

And there's always 4OD/all4 or whatever it is this week.

I was a small kid when this stuff was on TV and thought Lena Zavaroni was ace and so grown up.

Oh. Em. Gee!

(05 Sep 2015, 10:27 pm)BusLoverMum And there's always 4OD/all4 or whatever it is this week.

I was a small kid when this stuff was on TV and thought Lena Zavaroni was ace and so grown up.

Oh. Em. Gee!

I was a 90's kid so i grew up with... Pokemon, Hey Arnold, Rugrats... Steps, S Club 7....etc...

Haha, i can't really remember any conservatories in the 90's.. was born in 1991 so young...

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 05 Sep 2015

Conservatories and Patios. Useful for burying dead husbands under!

(05 Sep 2015, 10:51 pm)Michael I was a 90's kid so i grew up with... Pokemon, Hey Arnold, Rugrats... Steps, S Club 7....etc...

Haha, i can't really remember any conservatories in the 90's.. was born in 1991 so young...

The 90s saw the advent of UPVC - which is why the conservatory was so ubiquitous, then.

We have a new patio to create. Have to occasionally remind big'un abut that Big Grin

RE: General TV thread - citaro5284 - 06 Sep 2015

Just switched over to Ideal World shopping channel, the presenter on atm, Peter Simon...if he is on this planet, I am a china man!

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 6:47 pm)citaro5284 Just switched over to Ideal World shopping channel, the presenter on atm, Peter Simon...if he is on this planet, I am a china man!
You must be bored or something to switch to Ideal World. He does seem a bit strange though.

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 6:47 pm)citaro5284 Just switched over to Ideal World shopping channel, the presenter on atm, Peter Simon...if he is on this planet, I am a china man!

A man from China or a man made from China?

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 06 Sep 2015

I recognized that name from somewhere. Just turned over and confirms my suspicions. He is one of the old Bid/Price Drop TV presenters before it went into admin. 

That awkward moment when you stop talking and look gaumlessly into the camera for 5 seconds...

(06 Sep 2015, 6:51 pm)MurdnunoC A man from China or a man made from China?

both

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 06 Sep 2015

Today is the first time I've actually been able to watch X Factor live at home on the big screen... Anyone see the lad from Billingham from last week's show? His performance was spot on - the fact it made Simon tear up says something!

(06 Sep 2015, 6:51 pm)S813 FVK I recognized that name from somewhere. Just turned over and confirms my suspicions. He is one of the old Bid/Price Drop TV presenters before it went into admin. 

That awkward moment when you stop talking and look gaumlessly into the camera for 5 seconds...

Aye, he was.  I use to laugh on him on there as well.  He could sell sand to the Arabs.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 6:50 pm)Jimmi You must be bored or something to switch to Ideal World. He does seem a bit strange though.

He was like that when he was on kids telly too.
Has never changed.

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 6:51 pm)S813 FVK I recognized that name from somewhere. Just turned over and confirms my suspicions. He is one of the old Bid/Price Drop TV presenters before it went into admin. 

My favourite of the Bid/Price Drop TV presenters was Lisa who was from up here and often sounded p***ed and it was especially hilarious if they were selling CDs as you get to watch her singing along to the music.

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 6:53 pm)Andreos1 He was like that when he was on kids telly too.
Has never changed.

Seeing Peter Simon's name reminds me of the brief conversation Aureolin and I had about Timmy Mallet today.

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 06 Sep 2015

Its all an act for the cameras. If they act stupidly, the viewers are more likely to find them entertaining and keep watching and potentially end up seeing a product that they like and buying it.

RE: General TV thread - omnicity4659 - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 6:50 pm)Jimmi You must be bored or something to switch to Ideal World. He does seem a bit strange though.

Robson Green is probably on Dave for the TWENTIETH TIME... 

I often watch BBC1 or something just so I don't have to watch him... that's just in case if Dave and Spike are showing him at the same time.