North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 6:53 pm)Dan Today is the first time I've actually been able to watch X Factor live at home on the big screen... Anyone see the lad from Billingham from last week's show? His performance was spot on - the fact it made Simon tear up says something!

I'm not really interested in X Factor but apparently that performance was Simon's first day back after the news of his mum dying.

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 6:55 pm)Jimmi My favourite of the Bid/Price Drop TV presenters was Lisa who was from up here and often sounded p***ed and it was especially hilarious if they were selling CDs as you get to watch her singing along to the music.

I remember her. From South Shields i think. She was on once late at night and spend the first 5 minutes of her section stating that she was wearing loads of makeup to cover up a bruise she got from a night out.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 6:55 pm)MurdnunoC Seeing Peter Simon's name reminds me of the brief conversation Aureolin and I had about Timmy Mallet today.

Aureolin didn't turn up wearing his itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini did he?

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 6:57 pm)Andreos1 Aureolin didn't turn up wearing his itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini did he?

No, but someone turned up wearing his spectacles. He ended up doing a driving stint on one of the nationals.

(06 Sep 2015, 6:57 pm)Andreos1 Aureolin didn't turn up wearing his itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini did he?

Funny talking about this but related to the conversation about Lisa on Price Drop TV she claims she is one of the women in the video for that song.

(06 Sep 2015, 6:57 pm)S813 FVK I remember her. From South Shields i think. She was on once late at night and spend the first 5 minutes of her section stating that she was wearing loads of makeup to cover up a bruise she got from a night out.

Lisa doing some karaoke on Speed Auction TV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OutVTKrYnkA

Peter falls over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N9VQD_uDQ0

There's plenty more if you search Peter Simon Bid TV and there is many other good videos as well on YouTube of Bid/Price Drop bloopers.

(06 Sep 2015, 7:00 pm)MurdnunoC No, but someone turned up wearing his spectacles. He ended up doing a driving stint on one of the nationals.

With 'mallets mallet' attached?

(06 Sep 2015, 7:09 pm)Andreos1 With 'mallets mallet' attached?

Regrettably, no!

Personally I would've enjoyed playing a word association game where you mustn't pause or hesitate otherwise you'd get a bash on the head like this but, alas, it was not to be.

RE: General TV thread - R852 PRG - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 6:53 pm)Dan Today is the first time I've actually been able to watch X Factor live at home on the big screen... Anyone see the lad from Billingham from last week's show? His performance was spot on - the fact it made Simon tear up says something!

I'm deleting you on all forms of social media.

RE: General TV thread - citaro5284 - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 7:36 pm)R852 PRG I'm deleting you on all forms of social media.

Next you will be saying it is because he goes to McDonalds  Tongue

(06 Sep 2015, 7:13 pm)MurdnunoC Regrettably, no!

Personally I would've enjoyed playing a word association game where you mustn't pause or hesitate otherwise you'd get a bash on the head like this but, alas, it was not to be.

Bleurgh!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EUfv-tAfXn4

(06 Sep 2015, 7:46 pm)Andreos1 Bleurgh!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EUfv-tAfXn4

What did you think of Michaela Strachan?

I used to like her  Big Grin

RE: General TV thread - Dan - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 7:36 pm)R852 PRG I'm deleting you on all forms of social media.

Ha'way, you've threatened me with this now at least ten times!

(06 Sep 2015, 7:37 pm)citaro5284 Next you will be saying it is because he goes to McDonalds  Tongue

You're probably right!

Three large Big Mac meals in five days this week - I only just managed to resist a fourth today... One of our colleagues couldn't resist though, and he's on his fourth in six days now!

Now catching up on Dragons Den... I hope this programme is up to the high standards of members of this forum who live in Chester-le-Street!

RE: General TV thread - R852 PRG - 06 Sep 2015

(06 Sep 2015, 8:09 pm)Dan Now catching up on Dragons Den... I hope this programme is up to the high standards of members of this forum who live in Chester-le-Street!

Coincidentally, I watched a few episodes of that on the recommendation of my Business & Economics teacher. Tongue

Not a bad show. Prefer The Apprentice though. YOU'RE FIRED.

(06 Sep 2015, 8:09 pm)Dan Now catching up on Dragons Den... I hope this programme is up to the high standards of members of this forum who live in Chester-le-Street!

They must have filmed 2 series in one as at the end of tonights episode, they show a preview of the next series.

(06 Sep 2015, 7:52 pm)MurdnunoC What did you think of Michaela Strachan?

I used to like her  Big Grin
Ditto. Nice bit of eye candy even when she appeared a few years back on ch5 kids tellt.
Master Constantopolous knew everything there was to know about wild animals and stuff.

However back in the day (when I was younger), I preferred the older teenage girls on Why Don't You?

(06 Sep 2015, 8:20 pm)Andreos1 Ditto. Nice bit of eye candy even when she appeared a few years back on ch5 kids tellt.
Master Constantopolous knew everything there was to know about wild animals and stuff.

However back in the day (when I was younger), I preferred the older teenage girls on Why Don't You?

Found this clip of her boogying away on the Hitman and Her.

I remember 'Why Don't You' but was never really interested in it unless it was based here in the North East. I think I must've been a bit young to notice the teenage girls at the time!

(06 Sep 2015, 8:12 pm)S813 FVK They must have filmed 2 series in one as at the end of tonights episode, they show a preview of the next series.

Thought we were going to have an entire episode of no investment!

Can't say I enjoyed tonight's episode as much as I usually do. Good that it will be returning for another series though.

Still not 100% on the new dragons - has Sarah managed to get any of her offers accepted this series?

(06 Sep 2015, 9:10 pm)Dan Thought we were going to have an entire episode of no investment!

Can't say I enjoyed tonight's episode as much as I usually do. Good that it will be returning for another series though.

Still not 100% on the new dragons - has Sarah managed to get any of her offers accepted this series?

Sarah indeed has had no offers accepted this series - the only Dragon to have failed to successfully invest in a business this series.