North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 10 Nov 2015

Jeffrey Dean Morgan Joins Walking Dead Cast as... Infamous Villain Negan!

Honestly, proper bad ass in the comics......... i just hope they show that in the show.... i can't frigging wait!

Never being so happy about a villain been cast!

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 10 Nov 2015

Billy Elliott in BBC4.

Loads of local scenes, but forgot about the scene towards the end at Gallowgate bus station.
Must have been just before it was pulled down.

There were a handful of 'Rapide' branded NX coaches in the scene too.

RE: General TV thread - S813 FVK - 24 Nov 2015

Trains V Weather is on ITV now - looks rather interssting

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 25 Nov 2015

New Captain America - Civil War trailer is out today! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV-lxRPFo

I for one can't wait.

-----------------

Here is a list of the upcoming Marvel movies - this is phrase 3 which starts from next year and leads up until 2019 and includes 11 movies.

RE: General TV thread - mb134 - 26 Nov 2015

BBC Three is moving online only from February. 

Why not scrap BBC Four, for example, I don't know a single person who watches it!

RE: General TV thread - omnicity4659 - 26 Nov 2015

(26 Nov 2015, 4:45 pm)mb134 BBC Three is moving online only from February. 

Why not scrap BBC Four, for example, I don't know a single person who watches it!

Good idea that.

I think the BBC must have thought that everyone who watches BBC Three has enough data to watch their channel...  Rolleyes

RE: General TV thread - Jimmi - 26 Nov 2015

(26 Nov 2015, 4:45 pm)mb134 BBC Three is moving online only from February. 

I sometimes watch stuff like music documentaries on BBC Four, although I am sick to death of them showing Rod Stewart at the BBC. I do watch some stuff on BBC Three as well.

May be wrong but I think BBC Three on TV is going to make way for BBC One +1 or something like that.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 26 Nov 2015

BBC 4 is pointless, should of just merged it with BBC 3.... now were going to have a gap between the BBC channels..

(26 Nov 2015, 5:05 pm)Michael BBC 4 is pointless, should of just merged it with BBC 3.... now were going to have a gap between the BBC channels..

Maybe they'll rename BBC Four. Sky renamed Sky3 to Pick didn't they?

(26 Nov 2015, 5:07 pm)GX03 SVC Maybe they'll rename BBC Four. Sky renamed Sky3 to Pick didn't they?

Not sure, i thought pick was just some random channel, didn't know sky owned it.

(26 Nov 2015, 5:07 pm)GX03 SVC Maybe they'll rename BBC Four. Sky renamed Sky3 to Pick didn't they?
Yes. Pick used to be Sky3.

(26 Nov 2015, 4:55 pm)GX03 SVC Good idea that.

I think the BBC must have thought that everyone who watches BBC Three has enough data to watch their channel...  Rolleyes

Maybe the BBC will use some of the licence fee on unlimited data packages for BBC Three viewers Wink

(26 Nov 2015, 5:14 pm)mb134 Maybe the BBC will use some of the licence fee on unlimited data packages for BBC Three viewers Wink

Seeing as the licence fee will be used on an empty channel...  Big Grin

(26 Nov 2015, 5:05 pm)Michael BBC 4 is pointless, should of just merged it with BBC 3.... now were going to have a gap between the BBC channels..

I wouldn't say BBC Four is pointless, it has some good documentaries if your into that sort of thing. I'd imagine many BBC Four viewers would argue BBC Three is pointless. Think BBC Four launched before BBC Three did as I think BBC Four used to be BBC Knowledge and BBC Three used to be BBC Choice. The thing is though, BBC Three will still exist but just not on TV.

(26 Nov 2015, 5:16 pm)Jimmi I wouldn't say BBC Four is pointless, it has some good documentaries if your into that sort of thing. I'd imagine many BBC Four viewers would argue BBC Three is pointless. Think BBC Four launched before BBC Three did as I think BBC Four used to be BBC Knowledge and BBC Three used to be BBC Choice. The thing is though, BBC Three will still exist but just not on TV.

Maybe, i hope that all the catch up programs will be on BBC 4 now...

BBC have also lost Family Guy to ITV i think

(26 Nov 2015, 5:16 pm)Jimmi I wouldn't say BBC Four is pointless, it has some good documentaries if your into that sort of thing. I'd imagine many BBC Four viewers would argue BBC Three is pointless. Think BBC Four launched before BBC Three did as I think BBC Four used to be BBC Knowledge and BBC Three used to be BBC Choice. The thing is though, BBC Three will still exist but just not on TV.

I think it would be very easy to merge BBC Two and BBC Four, I don't think either offer enough to warrant being individual channels, especially as they have a very similar demographic. You then keep BBC Three, as it serves a completely different purpose.

(26 Nov 2015, 5:17 pm)Michael Maybe, i hope that all the catch up programs will be on BBC 4 now...

BBC have also lost Family Guy to ITV i think

BBC Three shows won't go on BBC Four as the shows won't appeal to the demographic of BBC Four viewers, BBC Three repeats normally go on One or Two. I know ITV2 definitely has the new episodes of Family Guy but not sure about repeats.

(26 Nov 2015, 5:18 pm)mb134 I think it would be very easy to merge BBC Two and BBC Four, I don't think either offer enough to warrant being individual channels, especially as they have a very similar demographic. You then keep BBC Three, as it serves a completely different purpose.

Do agree that the programming is fairly similar between Two and Four and I think BBC Two even used to have a programming block where BBC Four shows were aired on BBC Two. Problem is which is why BBC Three is going online is possibly because it's mostly popular with the younger generation who will watch stuff online and also have things like Netflix and Amazon Prime so it in some ways makes some sense to make it an online channel although I must say I don't personally like the move to online.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 27 Nov 2015

I find BBC4 one of my 'guilty pleasure' channels.
When Mrs C is in the bath or bed, or if I can't sleep - there is usually something of interest on it.
Mind, I always keep my finger over the on/off button. Can't have Mrs C finding out!

With regard to BBC3, as has been said on the radio this morning when discussing the extension of broadcasting hours for CBBC - a lot of the audience no longer watch live telly.
The younger generation, watch it online on places such as YouTube, on iplayer or catch up. Using their ipad's when lying on their bed.
Can the same be said of the BBC4 audience?

I won't find BBC3 that much of a miss. I don't fall into their target audience though.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 31 Dec 2015

Love Wallace and Gromit