North East Buses
General TV thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: General TV thread (/showthread.php?tid=630)

RE: General TV thread - Davie - 31 Dec 2015

(31 Dec 2015, 2:48 pm)Michael Love Wallace and Gromit
It is unreal like...

RE: General TV thread - GuyParkRoyal - 05 Jan 2016

For anyone that missed it first time round the series Double Decker Driving School will be repeated with episode one on ITV 1 at 23:45 tonight.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 24 Jan 2016

X-Files starts tonight in America.

Looking forward to it starting over here... or i might just watch it online.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 31 Jan 2016

Vera is back later!
8pm ITV!

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 07 Feb 2016

Roker Pier was part of the countryfile tonight, it was showing the restoration of Roker Peir/Lighthouse and a country park near Newcastle that was once the site of a coalmine was also shown.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 08 Feb 2016

X-Files starts airing tonight on Channel 5 at 9pm

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 15 Feb 2016

(07 Feb 2016, 7:46 pm)Michael Roker Pier was part of the countryfile tonight, it was showing the restoration of Roker Peir/Lighthouse and a country park near Newcastle that was once the site of a coalmine was also shown.

Seaham Beach also made an appearance. Apparently it is the place to go for sea glass!

Just flicking through the channels between emails (the perks of working from home) and Dan Snow has a show on Yesterday about trains.
He seems to be starting at the very beginning, as he was exploring Causey Arch and the Waggonways up there and is now looking at the Rocket and George Stephenson.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 28 Feb 2016

Saw 'Spike Island' last night.
Dunno if it was live or on iplayer (Mrs C had the remote controller), but worth a look.

It was all about the Stone Roses gig on Spike Island and a young band desperate to get tickets, so they can get their casette recording to Ian Brown.

There was even the bonus of seeing internal and external shots of a GM Atlantean too!
The authenticity was spoiled by a few shots of TPX 185's unfortunately.

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 28 Feb 2016

(28 Feb 2016, 8:48 am)Andreos1 Saw 'Spike Island' last night.
Dunno if it was live or on iplayer (Mrs C had the remote controller), but worth a look.

It was all about the Stone Roses gig on Spike Island and a young band desperate to get tickets, so they can get their casette recording to Ian Brown.

There was even the bonus of seeing internal and external shots of a GM Atlantean too!
The authenticity was spoiled by a few shots of TPX 185's unfortunately.

Aye. I watched this on BBC2 last night. 

There was something else I noticed which spoilt the authenticity of the time in which the film set, but I can't remember what it was.

The film, I thought, was rather average. But I like the Stone Roses so I persevered.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 28 Feb 2016

(28 Feb 2016, 9:20 am)MurdnunoC Aye. I watched this on BBC2 last night. 

There was something else I noticed which spoilt the authenticity of the time in which the film set, but I can't remember what it was.

The film, I thought, was rather average. But I like the Stone Roses so I persevered.

Have you seen the snooker on the BBC have been pushing?
Some poor continuity in that as well, but worth a look too.

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 28 Feb 2016

(28 Feb 2016, 12:12 pm)Andreos1 Have you seen the snooker on the BBC have been pushing?
Some poor continuity in that as well, but worth a look too.

I don't watch snooker I'm afraid.

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 15 Mar 2016

Happy Valley has just finished its second series.

I won't spoil it incase anyone has missed it.
It was good though!

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 27 Mar 2016

Anyone watching..Our Queen at 90?

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 07 Apr 2016

It must have been a few years old, but on tonights Great British Railway Journeys, POrtillo travelled between Boro and Hexham.
He called at Darlo, Sunderland (visiting the Roker Riviera) and Bedes World - before arriving in to Hexham.
He used TPX, Northern (142's galore) and the Metro. His train to Hexham was a 156.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 07 Apr 2016

(07 Apr 2016, 6:14 pm)Andreos1 It must have been a few years old, but on tonights Great British Railway Journeys, POrtillo travelled between Boro and Hexham.
He called at Darlo, Sunderland (visiting the Roker Riviera) and Bedes World - before arriving in to Hexham.
He used TPX, Northern (142's galore) and the Metro. His train to Hexham was a 156.

Was there delays on the Metro?  Big Grin Big Grin

RE: General TV thread - Andreos1 - 07 Apr 2016

(07 Apr 2016, 6:16 pm)Michael Was there delays on the Metro?  Big Grin Big Grin

He didn't say, although the stock he used hadn't had their refurb.
They were still in the diamond livery.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 12 Apr 2016

David Tennant and Olivia Colman will return for the third and final series of #Broadchurch.

https://www.facebook.com/ItvDrama/photos/a.459842267404959.105524.457847194271133/1003359873053193/?type=3&theater

Wooo =D

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 13 Apr 2016

Nearly 25 years old, this might be lame for some people but i can't wait for the "Doctor Strange movie" (Marvel comic book character)

Trailer teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt-U_t2pUHI&index=1&list=LLQgykRMVoeVJ_vTbXBk_M2A

Captain America Civil War is out soon to, can't wait for that!

#Marvelfanboy

RE: General TV thread - MurdnunoC - 13 Apr 2016

(13 Apr 2016, 7:11 pm)Michael Nearly 25 years old, this might be lame for some people but i can't wait for the "Doctor Strange movie" (Marvel comic book character)

Trailer teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt-U_t2pUHI&index=1&list=LLQgykRMVoeVJ_vTbXBk_M2A

Captain America Civil War is out soon to, can't wait for that!

#Marvelfanboy

Being more acquainted with DC, I've only recently started watching Marvel stuff.

Although I have absolutely zero interest in Captain America, I have enjoyed Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I found the second series of Daredevil especially compelling - can't wait for the third.

On the DC side of things, the fourth series of Arrow and the second series of The Flash are due to wrap up soon.

RE: General TV thread - Michael - 13 Apr 2016

(13 Apr 2016, 7:18 pm)MurdnunoC Being more acquainted with DC, I've only recently started watching Marvel stuff.

Although I have absolutely zero interest in Captain America, I have enjoyed Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I found the second series of Daredevil especially compelling - can't wait for the third.

On the DC side of things, the fourth series of Arrow and the second series of The Flash are due to wrap up soon.

I can't get away with Arrow or The Flash, i watched the Arrows first 2 seasons but couldn't get in to it, my dad and brother watches Arrow though.

Love Marvel, if you get a change to watch them, watch them from the order they were released - note the Hulk standalone movies are terrible.

The Doctor Strange poster is attached, look how good it is! Tongue (Its the American one - date is wrong way around, typical yanks)