North East Buses
Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables (/showthread.php?tid=661)

Pages: 1 2 3

Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - gtom - 25 Sep 2013

Noticed this the other day but Nexus are no longer changing all bus timetables to include full details of changes.

Instead a yellow sticker has appeared with a note listing all services that have had changes and to contact Traveline or the bus company for more details.

Now whilst they were minor changes (ahem) a lot of services have had journeys cut out completely (21 and 28 for example) yet they still show on the timetables.

Seems a complete waste of time to bother having the timetables

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - idiot - 25 Sep 2013

Sticking up for Nexus but M1 etc is going to change soon, so the point in replacing all the timetables then changing a them again in a few weeks?!

Maybe if GNE never changed buses on a monthly basis if wouldn't happen.

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - stagecoachbusdepot - 25 Sep 2013

You would think if they were going to bother going out to put a sticker on, they could go to that bit more effort and put a sticker showing the new timetable over the incorrect one. Saves replacing the whole thing if only one or two services have changed, yet remains useful for passengers.

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - Dan - 25 Sep 2013

What if a passenger cannot 'contact Traveline or the bus operator' and that run of the service has been withdrawn or changed so it terminates at a different place?
Thanks to Nexus, Go North East will now get 10 more complaints from Trent C. and general members of the public per day, and our friends Ian Hignett and Andy Clifford will spout out their usual responses - stating that it is Nexus' responsibility.

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - gtom - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 4:30 pm)idiot Sticking up for Nexus but M1 etc is going to change soon, so the point in replacing all the timetables then changing a them again in a few weeks?!

Maybe if GNE never changed buses on a monthly basis if wouldn't happen.

The M1 changing is of no consequence if your standing at Wrekenton wondering where the cancelled 28 is

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - gtom - 25 Sep 2013

I should add, Nexus have bothered to update the My Journey site so everything is there, just cheap cost cutting

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - JakeSavage - 25 Sep 2013

Not always updated on the myjourneys website: my stops along Fenham Hall Drive haven't been update since the Stagecoach changes on 1 September, either online or at shelter.

Very poor.

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - Michael - 25 Sep 2013

Wonder if this is a threat against the companies.. were not gonna update many timetables etc if we don't take over your service's

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - Andreos1 - 25 Sep 2013

I'm not defending Nexus for this, as a sticker seems like a half hearted attempt.

Being realistic though, how long is the lead time at the print suppliers - bearing in mind the almost constant changes to timetables?

It must be like painting the Forth Bridge at times.

Speaking of which, I'm off to set up my own printing firm.
I will be tendering with GNE, SNE and ANE for timetables and Nexus for bus timetable inserts!

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - cbma06 - 25 Sep 2013

years and years ago, Nexus decided to do away of the travel guides and put more timetables onto bus stops of mostly as 1 bus stop then miss one then hit one etc..., also as the internet got more popular and this is when timetables were more available online, I do miss the S1,S2 etc.. travel guides though.

putting stickers on the timetables at the bus stop saying contact via travel line etc..., this is not new as there have done this before years ago when Nexus themselves were under a lot of pressure trying to update the timetables at the bus stops.

Ive already been told by Nexus that there are no plans to renew the bus maps on the nexus website as there have chosen to inform people to use the journey planner instead.

Maybe the metro link brand got scrapped due to bad feeling between GNE and Nexus due to the proposed QCS.

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - Adrian - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 5:43 pm)cbma06 Maybe the metro link brand got scrapped due to bad feeling between GNE and Nexus due to the proposed QCS.

The thought had crossed my mind.

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - Dan - 27 Sep 2013

Back on topic, and I've just noticed this at local bus stop too.

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - gtom - 28 Sep 2013

Thanks for the photo Dan.

Has anyone ever got those QR codes to work?

The ones at the bus stop in Birtley work (the Clearchannel interactive ads) but the Nexus one never seems to get picked up by Google Goggles or other scanners

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - citaro5284 - 28 Sep 2013

(28 Sep 2013, 11:38 am)gtomlinson Thanks for the photo Dan.

Has anyone ever got those QR codes to work?

The ones at the bus stop in Birtley work (the Clearchannel interactive ads) but the Nexus one never seems to get picked up by Google Goggles or other scanners

Does anything from Nexus work Tongue

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - gtom - 06 Oct 2013

The timetables have now been replaced, only a month and a bit on from the changes.

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - Andreos1 - 21 Oct 2013

The stops I have used for the 4 have been changed and Mitie are currently doing updating others.

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - Andreos1 - 15 Feb 2014

Never mind timetables, they need to get temporary stops sorted out.

Stood on Birtley Front Street, like a drowned rat earlier this morning waiting for a bus in either direction (I wasn't fussy, I just wanted to get out of the rain).
The two covered bus stands on the Front Street have been closed/replaced with a temporary one whilst they rebuild everything.
So passengers have to walk to the doctors/baths or to the cenotaph/fire station.

Absolutely ridiculous.

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - Adrian - 15 Feb 2014

(15 Feb 2014, 12:41 pm)andreos1 Never mind timetables, they need to get temporary stops sorted out.

Stood on Birtley Front Street, like a drowned rat earlier this morning waiting for a bus in either direction (I wasn't fussy, I just wanted to get out of the rain).
The two covered bus stands on the Front Street have been closed/replaced with a temporary one whilst they rebuild everything.
So passengers have to walk to the doctors/baths or to the cenotaph/fire station.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Temporary stops should be outside signtech/Birtley snooker hall heading towards Chester Le Street, and just opposite towards Newcastle? They definitely have been when I've used them lately.

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - Andreos1 - 15 Feb 2014

(15 Feb 2014, 1:46 pm)aureolin Temporary stops should be outside signtech/Birtley snooker hall heading towards Chester Le Street, and just opposite towards Newcastle? They definitely have been when I've used them lately.

Sorry, just re-read my post.

Those temporary, uncovered, exposed bus stops you mentioned are still there.
The covered shelters outside Lloyds Bank or the snooker hall are out of use.

What I should have said, was that to get cover/protection from the elements, you need to walk to the doctors etc

RE: Nexus Cost Cutting on Bus Stop Timetables - idiot - 15 Feb 2014

No bus shelter anymore at Wheatsheaf/Tesco for the E's, 23 or 19. Either Roker Ave or Fulwell Rd as I found out this morning. The hard way.