North East Buses
Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Bus Scene Elsewhere (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Bus Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations (/showthread.php?tid=73)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - citaro5284 - 22 Feb 2015

(22 Feb 2015, 2:57 pm)MarcTheA4 Might ride some of those when I go to the Lakes with my family in the May/June holidays.

We're spending a few nights there, and one day I think they're just going shopping in a few places, and I'm allowed to roam freely on a North West Explorer! Big Grin
Wow Marcus, not even content now with a Get Around on a Saturday

Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - R852 PRG - 22 Feb 2015

(22 Feb 2015, 2:58 pm)citaro5284 Wow Marcus, not even content now with a Get Around on a Saturday

The way it's looking, citaro, this will be during the week.

I'll still have my Get Around the next Saturday! Wink

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - Diamond One - 24 Feb 2015

(22 Feb 2015, 2:57 pm)MarcTheA4 Might ride some of those when I go to the Lakes with my family in the May/June holidays.

We're spending a few nights there, and one day I think they're just going shopping in a few places, and I'm allowed to roam freely on a North West Explorer! Big Grin

I've heard some of the fares over there are quite steep, though.

last time i went to North West i was tempted to ride the bus on the town services even to Brunton Park (home of Carlisle United) plus its a canny town decent people too

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - Dan - 26 Feb 2015

Optare Solo SR 47921 at Carlisle is currently being trialled on various town services, testing suitability for the routes. Should only last a week or two before it's put back on the short 685s.

Photo taken a few days ago below:
[Image: 16430220767_6567666984.jpg]YJ14BVL  47921  Stagecoach North West, Carlisle by highlandreiver, on Flickr

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - Tom - 27 Feb 2015

Will this be the last year for the B10Ms?

If it is then I'd definitely try to ride them before the summer. Sadly, the Central Lakes services (bar the 508) are generally operated by Darts now, so you have to go on the 530, 567 etc. to ride them.

Also, is the Strider still there?

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - Kuyoyo - 27 Feb 2015

(27 Feb 2015, 8:42 pm)Tom Will this be the last year for the B10Ms?

If it is then I'd definitely try to ride them before the summer. Sadly, the Central Lakes services (bar the 508) are generally operated by Darts now, so you have to go on the 530, 567 etc. to ride them.

Also, is the Strider still there?

21007 is VOR.

As for B10Ms, given DDA comes into effect at the end of this year - the answer is yes

(27 Feb 2015, 8:49 pm)Kuyoyo 21007 is VOR.

As for B10Ms, given DDA comes into effect at the end of this year - the answer is yes

Ah okay thanks. Is it long term VOR?

And I thought that might have been the case, but some deadlines are different depending on the weight.

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - Kuyoyo - 27 Feb 2015

(27 Feb 2015, 8:51 pm)Tom Ah okay thanks. Is it long term VOR?

And I thought that might have been the case, but some deadlines are different depending on the weight.

It might be finished

The deadline this year is all single deckers over 7.5 tonnes - aka anything that isn't a Breadvan (Vario etc) or a Metrorider or the shortest avaliable lentgh of Solo (which all meet DDA anyway as they weren't introduced until 2007/2008 by which time everything being built met DDA).

(27 Feb 2015, 8:57 pm)Kuyoyo It might be finished

The deadline this year is all single deckers over 7.5 tonnes - aka anything that isn't a Breadvan (Vario etc) or a Metrorider or the shortest avaliable lentgh of Solo (which all meet DDA anyway as they weren't introduced until 2007/2008 by which time everything being built met DDA).

Ah thats a shame - was a cracking bus when I had it last summer.

Cheers for the info.

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - Dan - 28 Feb 2015

Carlisle had a few odd workings today:

[Image: 16053907653_ced5993a33.jpg]Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire: 24123 / PX59AZN by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

[Image: 16647961646_b71d0f1950.jpg]Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire: 37121 / YY14WFM by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - Tom - 04 Mar 2015

The new Summer timetables are now available.

Changes for the 2015 season include:

- Service 78 will operate closer to Derwent Water.
- New Service 208 between Keswick and Patterdale Hotel introduced.
- Service 508 increased to hourly between Penrith and Patterdale Hotel. Open top buses will be used on the short journeys (Olympians?).
- Service 599 extended to Lakeside, replacing service 800 (high summer season only).
- Service 800 withdrawn, but the 599 can now accommodate four bikes.

You can view the timetables here: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/uploads/2015summerlakesconnection_web.pdf

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - Tom - 04 Mar 2015

These are the open topper allocations:

17489/90/5 are the Tridents for 78
17217 for 508
17012-6/277/692 for 599

A Olympian will act as a spare either at Kendal or the Penrith Outstation.

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - northern156 - 14 Mar 2015

(28 Feb 2015, 9:01 pm)Dan Carlisle had a few odd workings today:

[Image: 16053907653_ced5993a33.jpg]Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire: 24123 / PX59AZN by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

[Image: 16647961646_b71d0f1950.jpg]Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire: 37121 / YY14WFM by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

Not so odd them, Dan - a MAN E300 is often used if one of the two ADLs is out of service (inspection/service, MOT, repairs etc) on the 685 - today I noticed 24124, 24118 is another popular one to venture across to Newcastle.

I think because of this (also due to the MANs being notoriously unreliable) some E200s cover the 79 and 179 to Annan and Dumfries respectively.

Word on the street is that the E200s aren't worth having for Carlisle due to the low passenger numbers so a new fleet of Solo SRs are being ordered with the E200s being cascaded elsewhere (I would guess Lillyhall). That's just something I've heard though, timescales and validity I do not know.

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - Dan - 14 Mar 2015

(14 Mar 2015, 7:46 pm)northern156 Not so odd them, Dan - a MAN E300 is often used if one of the two ADLs is out of service (inspection/service, MOT, repairs etc) on the 685 - today I noticed 24124, 24118 is another popular one to venture across to Newcastle.

I think because of this (also due to the MANs being notoriously unreliable) some E200s cover the 79 and 179 to Annan and Dumfries respectively.

Word on the street is that the E200s aren't worth having for Carlisle due to the low passenger numbers so a new fleet of Solo SRs are being ordered with the E200s being cascaded elsewhere (I would guess Lillyhall). That's just something I've heard though, timescales and validity I do not know.

Yeah, I've seen them a few times! Equivalent of a red spare turning up on a Go North East service back here in my neck of the woods, as there's no spare vehicles of the same spec.

Interesting. I'm sure I heard that management at Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancs were originally looking at the feasibility of buying double deckers for two of the town services (61/62?) with a decrease in frequency to increase the profitability of the routes, but they decided to stick with how things operated with the Darts and opted for Enviro200s instead. 42 Solo SRs have been ordered as part of Stagecoach UK's 2015/16 Order, so it's entirely possible I guess!

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - Kuyoyo - 14 Mar 2015

(14 Mar 2015, 7:53 pm)Dan Yeah, I've seen them a few times! Equivalent of a red spare turning up on a Go North East service back here in my neck of the woods, as there's no spare vehicles of the same spec.

Interesting. I'm sure I heard that management at Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancs were originally looking at the feasibility of buying double deckers for two of the town services (61/62?) with a decrease in frequency to increase the profitability of the routes, but they decided to stick with how things operated with the Darts and opted for Enviro200s instead. 42 Solo SRs have been ordered as part of Stagecoach UK's 2015/16 Order, so it's entirely possible I guess!

BIB: Of which 14 are to Stagecoach Gold standard, presumably destined for Leamington depot to replace their original Goldline Solos.

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - northern156 - 14 Mar 2015

(14 Mar 2015, 7:53 pm)Dan Yeah, I've seen them a few times! Equivalent of a red spare turning up on a Go North East service back here in my neck of the woods, as there's no spare vehicles of the same spec.

Hmm... may have been the case a while ago while there were still a good few deckers left at Carlisle (I remember seeing Dennis Tridents on 61/61As) however the routes don't need double deckers running them, there just aren't enough bums to place on seats. In peak times there are usually good passenger numbers (especially on the 62A to Kingmoor Park which is peak-only, otherwise they run as 62 to Lowry Hill or Kingstown ASDA) however this is typical of most reasonably small cities.
However, I really cannot see how Solo SRs on peak services will work - unless a dozen or so E200s are kept solely for that purpose? That or the PVR increases for peaks, however that requires more drivers.

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - Y961 XBU - 20 Mar 2015

21007 suffered a major Gearbox Fault, Thats why its VOR,

On the Fleet Cards it does show as Reserve however its sat on the Scrap Line at Morecombe Depot so i would expect its not coming back now

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - Dan - 01 Apr 2015

(14 Mar 2015, 8:33 pm)northern156 Hmm... may have been the case a while ago while there were still a good few deckers left at Carlisle (I remember seeing Dennis Tridents on 61/61As) however the routes don't need double deckers running them, there just aren't enough bums to place on seats. In peak times there are usually good passenger numbers (especially on the 62A to Kingmoor Park which is peak-only, otherwise they run as 62 to Lowry Hill or Kingstown ASDA) however this is typical of most reasonably small cities.
However, I really cannot see how Solo SRs on peak services will work - unless a dozen or so E200s are kept solely for that purpose? That or the PVR increases for peaks, however that requires more drivers.
A rumour which appears to be true..!

Union representatives are allegedly against Solo SRs being allocated to the Carlisle Town Services as it will see the majority of drivers take a paycut, with the drivers on town services instead being on a minibus rate of pay.

Imagine it's all very much in the air at the moment, but I'm shocked that drivers could go from being given a payrise one month and a few months later, they're on a lower rate of pay..? Hardly seems fair!

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - Tom - 15 Apr 2015

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/business/bus-firm-stagecoach-increasing-fares-across-cumbria-1.1205312

RE: Cumbria & North Lancashire Bus Operations - Dan - 15 Apr 2015

(15 Apr 2015, 10:41 am)Tom http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/business/bus-firm-stagecoach-increasing-fares-across-cumbria-1.1205312

"We need to make changes to reflect rising staff costs as the economy grows and because of Government cuts to public-sector investment in buses."

Somewhat ironic, if the rumours are true with regards to Solos replacing Enviro200s at Carlisle, with drivers consequently receiving a lower rate of pay than present!