North East Buses
Movember - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Movember (/showthread.php?tid=730)

Pages: 1 2

Movember - Andreos1 - 31 Oct 2013

It has become an annual event for many and is a chance to raise awareness and money for mens cancers.

This will be my third year of joining in with the month long event and was just wondering if any other mo bro's are on the forum and if so, what sort of tache are you growing?

RE: Movember - Michael - 31 Oct 2013

(31 Oct 2013, 10:21 am)Andreos1 It has become an annual event for many and is a chance to raise awareness and money for mens cancers.

This will be my third year of joining in with the month long event and was just wondering if any other mo bro's are on the forum and if so, what sort of tache are you growing?

I was thinking about doing it but i have no idea which style im doing for

RE: Movember - Andreos1 - 31 Oct 2013

(31 Oct 2013, 10:22 am)Michael I was thinking about doing it but i have no idea which style im doing for

Grow as much as you can and after a day or two have a play about in front of the mirror to see what you can come up with.

Not sure myself, will see how I feel when it comes to Sunday night/Monday morning.

The first year, I had a mexican bandit/droopy tache.
Last year, it was a 'normal' tache.

Quite keen to come up with a curled type mo this year - like the ones people associate RAF pilots with.

RE: Movember - Adrian - 31 Oct 2013

Hulk Hogan tache is the way forward.

RE: Movember - Andreos1 - 31 Oct 2013

(31 Oct 2013, 6:26 pm)aureolin Hulk Hogan tache is the way forward.

Look forward to seeing the photo of your Hogan mo Wink

RE: Movember - MrFozz - 01 Nov 2013

Movember should go onto incorporate Decembeard, for 2 months we get to grow a 'tache and beard, then we can hand over to the Females so they can partake in FANUARY Big Grin

I am growing my 'tache, but just for fun...Last year I was caught on video at a footy match and I looked like a one balled fascist dictator who died 68 years ago...

Are we to expect a Movember Rogues Gallery on here soon Wink

RE: Movember - Andreos1 - 01 Nov 2013

(01 Nov 2013, 12:00 pm)fozzovmurton Movember should go onto incorporate Decembeard, for 2 months we get to grow a 'tache and beard, then we can hand over to the Females so they can partake in FANUARY Big Grin

I am growing my 'tache, but just for fun...Last year I was caught on video at a footy match and I looked like a one balled fascist dictator who died 68 years ago...

Are we to expect a Movember Rogues Gallery on here soon Wink

Whey aye, I will be uploading a pic every few days to update you all of the progress my tache is making - if it was of interest...

Suppose it makes a change seeing the development of a hairy top lip, rather than photos of buses or Saltmeadows Wink

RE: Movember - MrFozz - 01 Nov 2013

(01 Nov 2013, 12:23 pm)Andreos1 Whey aye, I will be uploading a pic every few days to update you all of the progress my tache is making - if it was of interest...

Suppose it makes a change seeing the development of a hairy top lip, rather than photos of buses or Saltmeadows Wink

I hope you take the relevant measures to stop people trespassing on your face Tongue

I will start with the pics on a new thread

RE: Movember - Andreos1 - 01 Nov 2013

It seems drivers at a depot on Teesside are getting in on the action too.

@movemberuk have tweeted the following link: www.arrivabus.co.uk/movember/

RE: Movember - Adam - 01 Nov 2013

Saw on Twitter before that Northern Rail are painting some tashes on the front of their trains.

RE: Movember - Dan - 01 Nov 2013

I retweeted that one when they first put it on - didn't see anything about Arriva though.
Are any of our Arriva drivers taking part?!

RE: Movember - tyresmoke - 02 Nov 2013

There's a group of about 8 doing it at Stockton I believe.

RE: Movember - tyresmoke - 02 Nov 2013

Had a quick look at the sheet in depot tonight and there's a total of 34 people involved! Drivers and inspectors Smile We're all behind them of course. There's a bit of competition with other depots too.

RE: Movember - Andreos1 - 02 Nov 2013

(02 Nov 2013, 8:21 pm)tyresmoke Had a quick look at the sheet in depot tonight and there's a total of 34 people involved! Drivers and inspectors Smile We're all behind them of course. There's a bit of competition with other depots too.

Good on them.
If it creates any additional awareness for mens cancers, then it can only be a good thing.

RE: Movember - Andreos1 - 04 Nov 2013

Is anyone else on the forum taking part apart from Fozz and myself?

If you are, stick a photo in the rogues gallery - it can be a discreet photo of your top lip or a full frontal shot!
Whatever you are comfortable with.

RE: Movember - MrFozz - 16 Oct 2014

BUMP

Is anyone growing a tash in Novemeber this...

Or will it be down to Me and Andreos again

RE: Movember - Adrian - 16 Oct 2014

(16 Oct 2014, 5:21 pm)marxistafozzski BUMP

Is anyone growing a tash in Novemeber this...

Or will it be down to Me and Andreos again

Go for a Nigel Mansell tache? Wink

RE: Movember - MrFozz - 16 Oct 2014

I wanted to do a Hitler...

But I dont think it will go down too well with people Big Grin

RE: Movember - MurdnunoC - 16 Oct 2014

(16 Oct 2014, 5:32 pm)marxistafozzski I wanted to do a Hitler...

But I dont think it will go down too well with people Big Grin

I hear the Chinese community on Craggy Island welcome that sort of thing.

RE: Movember - MurdnunoC - 16 Oct 2014

...Or you could just grow your Hitler 'tache and claim that you're emulating Blakey from On the Buses.