North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - South Tyne Lad - 23 May 2016

(23 May 2016, 8:00 pm)Tom 17 is being extended to Metrocentre I think as it's being replaced by from Rosehill to Cramlington according to the drivers. Makes sense just extending the 17 as it would only need 6 buses.

Don't think extending the 309 and 310 is a good idea are reliability would go out the window on both services

Ah, We'll just have to wait and see.

Would be even worse if the 10 was extended to North Shields, end to end journey time will be just under 3 hours id imagine!

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Tom - 23 May 2016

(23 May 2016, 8:06 pm)South Tyne Lad Ah, We'll just have to wait and see.

Would be even worse if the 10 was extended to North Shields, end to end journey time will be just under 3 hours id imagine!

Yeah is confusing atm. And would go over the driving time I'd imagine the 10 is bad enough from Newcastle to Hexham never mind North Shields to Hexham!

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 23 May 2016

(23 May 2016, 8:00 pm)Tom 17 is being extended to Metrocentre I think as it's being replaced by from Rosehill to Cramlington according to the drivers. Makes sense just extending the 17 as it would only need 6 buses.

Don't think extending the 309 and 310 is a good idea are reliability would go out the window on both services

But if extra running time is added into the timetable at Key Points of the route then there shouldnt be any issues, short runs will also aid reliability.

Furthermore take a look at the 1 , 20/20A & 5/50 for Services which are long routes with extra running time etc built into the timetable, and how reliable they are, as I say shouldnt be any issues in relation reliability.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Tom - 23 May 2016

(23 May 2016, 8:15 pm)Malarkey But if extra running time is added into the timetable at Key Points of the route then there shouldnt be any issues, short runs will also aid reliability.

Furthermore take a look at the 1 , 20/20A & 5/50 for Services which are long routes with extra running time etc built into the timetable, and how reliable they are, as I say shouldnt be any issues in relation reliability.

Maybe but I just don't see why they would risk it. The traffic around Cobalt can be shocking, and Central Station/Metrocentre is the same.

1 and 5/50 is a bit different as they don't go through any major shopping centres, business parks etc.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - BusLoverMum - 23 May 2016

(23 May 2016, 7:49 pm)NK53 TKT That would mean the V7 would be crammed, unless it left the Venture brand, also Venture is local services, not long services

I've never thought the venture solos are suited to the V7/V8, anyhow. They quite often have to leave passengers behind.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - WestDurhamSwift - 23 May 2016

I can't see them changing the X30 back to its old route. Since the Stanley changes came in, it would appear to me that having the X30 service split into 2 services works better!

The 30 seems to get full loadings a lot of the time heading up to Stanley.

The X30 being A single decker and being re routed seems to also give it decent loadings.

Personally I would say the X30 picks up more passengers in around Whickham & Dunston on the way to Newcastle, compared to the passenger loads at Stanley.

I would love to know if the Stanley changes have made A difference across the board, especially when management look at the figures etc of passenger numbers and overall profitability compared to the old system. 

I wouldn't say the services I used are any more reliable than they used to be but they are more frequent though!

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - BusLoverMum - 23 May 2016

(23 May 2016, 10:10 pm)Arcticrossy92 I can't see them changing the X30 back to its old route. Since the Stanley changes came in, it would appear to me that having the X30 service split into 2 services works better!

The X30 being A single decker and being re routed seems to also give it decent loadings.

Personally I would say the X30 picks up more passengers in around Whickham & Dunston on the way to Newcastle, compared to the passenger loads at Stanley.

I would love to know if the Stanley changes have made A difference across the board, especially when management look at the figures etc of passenger numbers and overall profitability compared to the old system. 

I wouldn't say the services I used are any more reliable than they used to be but they are more frequent though!
I think they've illustrated how quiet the 16/16A are between Durham and Stanley, for most of the day. We often have the bus almost to ourselves (which on those particular mercs is sheer bliss!)

The X30/31 have always been nicely loaded, but rarely as full as, say, the 45/46 (which are always much fuller than the X70/71 would be as single deckers)

I think the V7/8 would benefit from those silver mercs going spare or somehow being moved into the Toonlink brand.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 24 May 2016

(23 May 2016, 10:10 pm)Arcticrossy92 I can't see them changing the X30 back to its old route. Since the Stanley changes came in, it would appear to me that having the X30 service split into 2 services works better!

I haven't used the services since the changes, but the thing that jumped out at the time of the changes and in your post - is consolidation and cost savings.
Whether overall divisional or service profits are up and more passengers are travelling between the two points or not, will be amongst the things they should be looking at.

It is OK reports coming back stating the X30 has more passengers, now it goes through Whickham and Dunston - but are they existing passengers like yourself (who used the original), passengers from services that have been cancelled AND new passengers? Or just the first two?

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 27 May 2016

58 - Heworth - Leam Lane Estate - Felling Square - Deckham - Gateshead - Newcastle City Centre - Coast Road - High Farm - Battle Hill Drive - Hadrian Park - Howden - Rosehill - Wallsend - Byker - Newcastle City Centre - Gateshead - Deckham - Felling Square - Leam Lane Estate - Heworth

59 - Heworth - Leam Lane Estate - Felling Square - Deckham - Gateshead - Newcastle City Centre - Byker - Wallsend - Rosehill - Howden - Hadrian Park - Battle Hill Drive - High Farm - Coast Road - Newcastle City Centre - Deckham - Felling Square - Leam Lane Estate - Heworth

Operating a combined Every 7/8 Minutes, Service 58 merges with Service 1 between Wallsend & Byker, and Services 40/41 between Wallsend & Hsdrian Park.

1 - Whitley Bay - Marsden - Tynemouth - North Shields - Wallsend / 80 - Wallsend - Howden - Cobalt - New York - North Tyneside Hospital - Billy Mill - Hawkeys Lane - North Shields

Service 1 will be revised to operate between Whitley Bay and Wallsend interworking with Service 80, Services would operate Every 20 Minutes with Service 1 between Wallsend and Newcastle replaced by new Service 58/59.

- Indigo Solos would transfer to Deptford to replace the MPDs on the 33/38 & 238 under "Indigo Sunderland".

22 - Wrekenton - Harlow Green - Low Fell - Gateshead - Newcastle
Operating Every 30 Minutes replacing Service 1 between Wrekenton and Newcastle.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - biglugs@yahoo.com - 27 May 2016

33. The docks - sunderland - interchange - barnes - silksworth.
This service will operate every 30 minutes and serve sunderland interchange.
33A sunderland fawcett street - interchange - leechmere asda - hollycarside - Esdale Estate - tunstall bank - silksworth.
This service will replace service 38 on a hourly time table.
48 Jarrow - fellgate - boldon Asda - boldon cinema - non stop to Doxford international.
This service will run once a day in both directions giving people of south Tyneside a quicker and less stressful connection.
62. Silksworth - farringdon - east herrington - thorney close - Grindon - penshaw monument - shiney Row - non stop to Washington.
62A tunstall village - hollycarside - grangetown - sunderland city centre - royal hospital - waterview park - peal retail park - washington.
The 62 and 62A will replace parts of the 2 and 2a routes both services will run hourly.
The 62 will run through new areas not served by gne.
The 62A will replace the peak 8A service.
X2. Silksworth - tunstall village - hollycarside - Grangetown - sunderland city centre - non stop to the Royal hospital - penshaw - barnwell - fatfield - biddick - washington. This service will run all stops to sunderland and then as a express to royal hospital then the same route as the 2A.
A new service provided by Washington can serve fatfield and lampton

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - BusLoverMum - 27 May 2016

(27 May 2016, 7:49 pm)Malarkey 58 - Heworth - Leam Lane Estate - Felling Square - Deckham - Gateshead - Newcastle City Centre - Coast Road - High Farm - Battle Hill Drive - Hadrian Park - Howden - Rosehill - Wallsend - Byker - Newcastle City Centre - Gateshead - Deckham - Felling Square - Leam Lane Estate - Heworth

59 - Heworth - Leam Lane Estate - Felling Square - Deckham - Gateshead - Newcastle City Centre - Byker - Wallsend - Rosehill - Howden - Hadrian Park - Battle Hill Drive - High Farm - Coast Road - Newcastle City Centre - Deckham - Felling Square - Leam Lane Estate - Heworth

Operating a combined Every 7/8 Minutes, Service 58 merges with Service 1 between Wallsend & Byker, and Services 40/41 between Wallsend & Hsdrian Park.

1 - Whitley Bay - Marsden - Tynemouth - North Shields - Wallsend / 80 - Wallsend - Howden - Cobalt - New York - North Tyneside Hospital - Billy Mill - Hawkeys Lane - North Shields

Service 1 will be revised to operate between Whitley Bay and Wallsend interworking with Service 80, Services would operate Every 20 Minutes with Service 1 between Wallsend and Newcastle replaced by new Service 58/59.

- Indigo Solos would transfer to Deptford to replace the MPDs on the 33/38 & 238 under "Indigo Sunderland".

22 - Wrekenton - Harlow Green - Low Fell - Gateshead - Newcastle
Operating Every 30 Minutes replacing Service 1 between Wrekenton and Newcastle.

I uess your 22 is replacing the 1 which has run through Wreker-Low Fell like forever (at least since the mid 90s, when it started at Kibby)

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Jamie M - 29 May 2016

"89" - Hexham express.

Consett - Castleside - A68 - Riding Mill - Corbridge Hexham

Much quicker than the 689 for those who want to get from Consett to Hexham quickly. Wouldn't have to run much at all, maybe after the last 689 in the evenings/mornings.

Could interwork with the 16 on a Sunday, even.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - northern156 - 30 May 2016

(29 May 2016, 8:29 am)Jamie M "89" - Hexham express.

Consett - Castleside - A68 - Riding Mill - Corbridge  Hexham

Much quicker than the 689 for those who want to get from Consett to Hexham quickly. Wouldn't have to run much at all, maybe after the last 689 in the evenings/mornings.

What would it offer over and above the current 689? As a company I'd rather keep just the one service for simplicity (X21 and 21 for example are very much different routes), and run more morning/evening services if needs be.
I don't think an express bus service is justifiable for saving, what, 5-10 minutes off the current one - especially as the 689 is mostly 60mph roads anyhow.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 30 May 2016

(29 May 2016, 8:29 am)Jamie M "89" - Hexham express.

Consett - Castleside - A68 - Riding Mill - Corbridge  Hexham

(30 May 2016, 1:22 pm)northern156 What would it offer over and above the current 689? As a company I'd rather keep just the one service for simplicity (X21 and 21 for example are very much different routes), and run more morning/evening services if needs be.
I don't think an express bus service is justifiable for saving, what, 5-10 minutes off the current one - especially as the 689 is mostly 60mph roads anyhow.

Just to add to the point Northern 156 has made:

Whenever I've past the 689 it only ever seems to be carrying a handful of people. Aside from enthusiasts, it's unlikely to be carrying passengers point to point. I've noticed passengers boarding/alighting at both Slaley and Slaley Hall which is probably where the service receives most of its regular patronage. By diverting the service away from the area and into areas covered by other services (Consett-Castleside; Riding Mill-Hexham), you are potentially depriving passengers of a service they might rely upon.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Adrian - 30 May 2016

I've not made a suggestion for ages, but here's a simple one for me:

Decide which route the 82/82A/82B is going to do on a Sunday, and stick with it for the whole day. Whilst I get that they may 'improve reliability' by omitting Sainsbury's car park and the retail park at the Galleries through the day, I can't understand why they'd then go to serve it again towards 7pm? I'd perhaps understand if it were the other way around, but it makes no sense to serve a supermarket and retail park that has closed 3 hours earlier.

Before the suggestion is made that it's to do with Frankie's & Benny's or KFC. The footfall for both is pitiful to what a supermarket or the retail park would attract, and it's very rare that anyone is picked up in the car park on an evening.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Jimmi - 30 May 2016

(30 May 2016, 1:38 pm)MurdnunoC Just to add to the point Northern 156 has made:

Whenever I've past the 689 it only ever seems to be carrying a handful of people. Aside from enthusiasts, it's unlikely to be carrying passengers point to point. I've noticed passengers boarding/alighting at both Slaley and Slaley Hall which is probably where the service receives most of its regular patronage. By diverting the service away from the area and into areas covered by other services (Consett-Castleside; Riding Mill-Hexham), you are potentially depriving passengers of a service they might rely upon.

When I've done the first 689 journey between Consett and Hexham most of the passengers have actually boarded at Consett Bus Station, Blackhall and Shotley Bridge with a few passengers boarding in Slaley, have seen some get on/off in Wittonstall Village as well plus a few other places, after Shotley Bridge I think this is the only service that operates in these areas until you get towards Hexham, Wittonstall additionally gets the 613 operated by PCL Travel on Tuesday's only, but basically I have to agree with the points you and Sean have made, it  probably wouldn't be worth changing it to an express service, especially as there isn't many passengers to begin with, removing the villages in-between would likely to lower the numbers further still and leave some villages cut off or have a poorer level of service.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - biglugs@yahoo.com - 30 May 2016

42. Sunderland - Grangetown - leechmere Asda - hollycarside - ryhope village .
This service will replace service 38 on a hourly bases operating a short service.
X42 Sunderland - ashbrooke - hollycarside - ryhope village - seaham - parkside - spectrum - dalton park - murton - hetton le hole - hougton le spring - shiney Row - barnwell.
This service replaces the 238 between Sunderland and seaham then the 202 to dalton park additionaly serving parkside (barnwell boards only) then replacing 265 dalton park to hetton , then to houghton joining the 238 route.
202. Peterlee - Easington village - Easington lane - murton - dalton park - seaham mill inn - hall lane - East rainton - hetton le hole.
This route will operate as normal to dalton park then replace service 265 to the mill inn , before replacing service 238 to hall lane then joining service 20 to east rainton before doing the same route as the 168 to hetton.
X65. This service replaces service 265.
Hetton le hole - low moorsley - durham .
This service runs of the 202.
Additional journeys one each way will operate the following.
X65A seaham - mill inn - Dalton park - murton - hetton le hole - low moorsley - durham - framwellgate moor.
Using double deckers.
Service 60 revised to every 20 minutes.
New service 62.
Sunderland - ryhope - seaham mill inn - strangford Road - seaham byron place.
This service every 30 minutes to replace the 238 and 265 between seaham mill inn and byron place.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 30 May 2016

(30 May 2016, 5:26 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com X42 Sunderland - ashbrooke - hollycarside - ryhope village - seaham - parkside - spectrum - dalton park - murton - hetton le hole - hougton le spring - shiney Row - barnwell.

X65. This service replaces service 265.
Hetton le hole - low moorsley - durham .

X65A seaham - mill inn - Dalton park - murton - hetton le hole - low moorsley -  durham - framwellgate moor.
Using double deckers. 

Are these services expresses? They certainly don't look quick in getting from A to B which, once upon a time, was the purpose of a service with the prefix 'X'.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - biglugs@yahoo.com - 30 May 2016

Well the x7 certainly isnt a express from Peterlee to boro

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Jimmi - 30 May 2016

(30 May 2016, 6:25 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Well the x7 certainly isnt a express from Peterlee to boro
These days the 'X' prefix seems to represent a 'limited stop' service in most cases which the X7 certainly is, obviously it's not as fast as the X9/X10 from Peterlee to Middlesbrough but it certainly gets from say Wingate to Middlesbrough a lot faster than the 21A does.