North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - speedwheels22 - 10 Feb 2014

X35 gets full X36 not that full all I see is thew oaps this service should be branded somthing else

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - cbma06 - 10 Feb 2014

(10 Feb 2014, 2:30 pm)Kuyoyo What does 'Fast Cats' have to do with Hartlepool? The 'Fast Cats' brand is more Sunderland-based, hence the addition of the X36 to the brand.

Fast Cats brand is not a Sunderland based brand, when the X35 was branded up at the beginning of the launch at GNE also stated that the brand came from the olden days at Hartlepool when the wooden ships came into the harbour and their used to be loads of rats that used to come off the boats/ships really fast and the locals used to call them the fastcats as their couldn't catch them.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Kuyoyo - 10 Feb 2014

(10 Feb 2014, 2:41 pm)cbma06 Fast Cats brand is not a Sunderland based brand, when the X35 was branded up at the beginning of the launch at GNE also stated that the brand came from the olden days at Hartlepool when the wooden ships came into the harbour and their used to be loads of rats that used to come off the boats/ships really fast and the locals used to call them the fastcats as their couldn't catch them.

It is now - next to nobody (including myself) know that story (Hartlepool's history is more linked to the unfortunate Monkey they hanged) while Sunderland is far better know in regards to its links with Cats. End of the day, either the brand is completely dropped and both routes run in Go North East red livery, the X36 is dropped which will simply reverse the improved reliability on the X35, or both routes are part of the brand as it is. Indeed, the X36 fits the 'Fast Cats' idea more (fast express from Sunderland, the city of the Black Cats lamp).

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - cbma06 - 10 Feb 2014

(10 Feb 2014, 2:51 pm)Kuyoyo It is now - next to nobody (including myself) know that story (Hartlepool's history is more linked to the unfortunate Monkey they hanged) while Sunderland is far better know in regards to its links with Cats. End of the day, either the brand is completely dropped and both routes run in Go North East red livery, the X36 is dropped which will simply reverse the improved reliability on the X35, or both routes are part of the brand as it is. Indeed, the X36 fits the 'Fast Cats' idea more (fast express from Sunderland, the city of the Black Cats lamp).

X35 still has reliability issues even if its linked to the X36 bus service.

Can anybody on here remember the launch of the X35 Fastcats branding and the reason why that branding was choosen?.

The Fastcats branding and the old "Black Cats" branding for the old 26 series was never had any connection to the Sunderland Football Club at all.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - northtynelinks2 - 10 Feb 2014

(10 Feb 2014, 2:51 pm)Kuyoyo It is now - next to nobody (including myself) know that story (Hartlepool's history is more linked to the unfortunate Monkey they hanged) while Sunderland is far better know in regards to its links with Cats. End of the day, either the brand is completely dropped and both routes run in Go North East red livery, the X36 is dropped which will simply reverse the improved reliability on the X35, or both routes are part of the brand as it is. Indeed, the X36 fits the 'Fast Cats' idea more (fast express from Sunderland, the city of the Black Cats lamp).

Suits the X36 more because cats like to chase magpies don't they? Tongue

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 10 Feb 2014

Up the Frequency of the 8/50 to Every 20 Minutes and/or Extend the M2/M3 into Chester le Street on Both Services.

Simple Reason for the 50 is, This Morning I started work at 10pm, and went out to catch the 09:40am which ended up turning up 10 Minutes Late, and I was pretty much cutting it for being late this Morning, Got bollocking off my Line Manager for being a Minute Early for my Shift, Although I should perhaps get an Earlier Bus, But if said Bus had Broken Down, I would of had to wait 30 Minutes for the Next One. Perhaps having the 50 at 02/22/42 through Lambton heading towards Durham wouln't be such a Bad Idea.

As for the 8, A simply short Xpress Journey which goes from Chester le Street to Sunderland via Washington Galleries - Waterview Park and Sunderland Enterprise Park, would be ideal also, As the 8 at 17:17pm from Chester was also 10 Minutes Late, which affects the Reliability of the whole Route and the 78 that it Interworks with. Maybe these should actually be Stand Alone Services.

Then the M2/M3 would also Improve Links between Chester le Street and Washington, Perhaps have it run via Station Lane - Ouston - Pelton/Drum Industrial Estate and Pelton Lane into Chester le Street. "And Brand it Lambton Worm" - Could even Extend to Waldridge Park to Replace the 34/34A and Split the Allocation between Chester/Washington and also Keep the Frequency at Every 15 Minutes across the whole Route.

There's a few Suggestions from my First Day at Work.

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 10 Feb 2014

(10 Feb 2014, 10:05 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Up the Frequency of the 8/50 to Every 20 Minutes and/or Extend the M2/M3 into Chester le Street on Both Services.

Simple Reason for the 50 is, This Morning I started work at 10pm, and went out to catch the 09:40am which ended up turning up 10 Minutes Late, and I was pretty much cutting it for being late this Morning, Got bollocking off my Line Manager for being a Minute Early for my Shift, Although I should perhaps get an Earlier Bus, But if said Bus had Broken Down, I would of had to wait 30 Minutes for the Next One. Perhaps having the 50 at 02/22/42 through Lambton heading towards Durham wouln't be such a Bad Idea.

As for the 8, A simply short Xpress Journey which goes from Chester le Street to Sunderland via Washington Galleries - Waterview Park and Sunderland Enterprise Park, would be ideal also, As the 8 at 17:17pm from Chester was also 10 Minutes Late, which affects the Reliability of the whole Route and the 78 that it Interworks with. Maybe these should actually be Stand Alone Services.

Then the M2/M3 would also Improve Links between Chester le Street and Washington, Perhaps have it run via Station Lane - Ouston - Pelton/Drum Industrial Estate and Pelton Lane into Chester le Street. "And Brand it Lambton Worm" - Could even Extend to Waldridge Park to Replace the 34/34A and Split the Allocation between Chester/Washington and also Keep the Frequency at Every 15 Minutes across the whole Route.

Giving yourself 12 hours travel time from Lambton to Chester le Street is a bit generous mind :p

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 10 Feb 2014

(10 Feb 2014, 10:34 pm)aureolin Giving yourself 12 hours travel time from Lambton to Chester le Street is a bit generous mind :p

I know, Just thinking about myself as a Passenger who'll be using the Service on a Daily Basis, Good Job i'm on 9 till 5 rest of the week as the 50 operates 7 Minutes Earlier before 9am.

Just spotted my Error, ooooops. Scim read you post and failed to realise

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 11 Feb 2014

(10 Feb 2014, 10:05 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Up the Frequency of the 8/50 to Every 20 Minutes and/or Extend the M2/M3 into Chester le Street on Both Services.

Cutting the 8 from Chester-le-Street to Stanley isn't a good idea, that's the busiest section of the route!

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 11 Feb 2014

(11 Feb 2014, 7:40 am)Tom Cutting the 8 from Chester-le-Street to Stanley isn't a good idea, that's the busiest section of the route!

Saying that i got on at the Gall's yesterday with few seat's left, this was heading to Sunderland, this was at 4:36pm run though, it was still quite full after i got off at the Broadway.

No changes to the 8 please.

(11 Feb 2014, 7:42 am)Michael Saying that i got on at the Gall's yesterday with few seat's left, this was heading to Sunderland, this was at 4:36pm run though, it was still quite full after i got off at the Broadway.

No changes to the 8 please.

At peak times (considering it also serves Waterview Park), it is quite busy. It also provides good links from Sunderland and Washington to Beamish Museum, so yeah, just leave it as it is Smile

(11 Feb 2014, 7:44 am)Tom At peak times (considering it also serves Waterview Park), it is quite busy. It also provides good links from Sunderland and Washington to Beamish Museum, so yeah, just leave it as it is Smile

Ye, i use it 4 times a week its a good link top the gall's and its fast means i can connect with the 4 better and get to college on time as the 2A/2C seem to stuck in traffic alot

Also i agree, they should be stand alone services - means better lay over time and reliability could be better..... Chester road is terrible for traffic at peak times.

Could that work?

Maybe when it gets new buses that might happen

(11 Feb 2014, 7:51 am)Michael Ye, i use it 4 times a week its a good link top the gall's and its fast means i can connect with the 4.

Yeah, overall a service that doesn't need any changes.

When it gets the new buses this year it will probably be used more as a local services along Chester Road and Royal Hospital into Sunderland. The 78 seems to be well used along certain sections of the route, but what could be good is if the 78 ran along to the Royal Hospital, then operated to Houghton-le-Spring, then replaced the 71 route along that way? Possibly non-stop from Royal Hospital to Houghton-le-Spring?

(11 Feb 2014, 7:56 am)Tom Yeah, overall a service that doesn't need any changes.

When it gets the new buses this year it will probably be used more as a local services along Chester Road and Royal Hospital into Sunderland. The 78 seems to be well used along certain sections of the route, but what could be good is if the 78 ran along to the Royal Hospital, then operated to Houghton-le-Spring, then replaced the 71 route along that way? Possibly non-stop from Royal Hospital to Houghton-le-Spring?

It already takes 100 years to Stanley/Consett.

It's one of GNE longest routes. No massive changes are needed tbh, think if these were stand alone services, reliability might increase.

Not sure on how many more buses may need to be added to the Lime services to help with its reliability.... it already has 13 branded buses, maybe a extra 1 when they order new buses?

anyone help?

(11 Feb 2014, 7:59 am)Michael It already takes 100 years to Stanley/Consett.

It's one of GNE longest routes. No massive changes are needed tbh, think if these were stand alone services, reliability might increase.

Not sure on how many more buses may need to be added to the Lime services.

It wouldn't take a lot longer:
30 minutes - Houghton-Chester-le-Street
21 minutes - Houghton-Sunderland (express)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - northtynelinks2 - 11 Feb 2014

The 78 will then have to go to every 20 mins aswell because they interwork, it would mean a whole new timetable would have to be drawn out rather than just changing a few services.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - northtynelinks2 - 11 Feb 2014

(11 Feb 2014, 7:59 am)Michael It already takes 100 years to Stanley/Consett.

Not sure on how many more buses may need to be added to the Lime services to help with its reliability.... it already has 13 branded buses, maybe a extra 1 when they order new buses?

anyone help?

The 13 branded buses make up its PVR and there is usually always a Northern B10 or a Solar, its usually one of Chester's that are off the road though. 4850-4855 are rubbish.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 11 Feb 2014

(11 Feb 2014, 7:40 am)Tom Cutting the 8 from Chester-le-Street to Stanley isn't a good idea, that's the busiest section of the route!

The 8 would remain the same Every Half Hour - Stanley to Sunderland - But there would be an Xpress Short Journey put on from Chester le Street, to then Increase the Frequency and Improve Reliability.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - gtom - 12 Feb 2014

How would you route that? I'd change the 34 to mimic the old 734 running Chester Le Street - Barley Mow - Birtley Station Lane - Ouston then current 34 route to CLS

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 12 Feb 2014

(12 Feb 2014, 5:56 pm)gtom How would you route that? I'd change the 34 to mimic the old 734 running Chester Le Street - Barley Mow - Birtley Station Lane - Ouston then current 34 route to CLS

Basically as the 34/34A is Now between Waldridge Park and Ouston and then onto Birtley via Station Lane and then the Current M2/M3 Route to Heworth.