North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Dan - 10 Aug 2014

(10 Aug 2014, 2:25 pm)aureolin Yeah that's what I mean. Picture of the ex-MD dishing out timetables outside of the front doors of Stagecoach. I honestly don't know what they were thinking of then.

[Image: 268322_10150692204315710_755323_n.jpg]

Go North East
GNE MD Peter Huntley signs up the latest supporter for our new ‘SimpliCity’ concept services in Sunderland. http://www.simplygo.com/news/simplicity-making-life-easier-in-sunderland
LikeLike · · Share · 5 July 2011

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - BJ10VUS - 10 Aug 2014

(10 Aug 2014, 1:46 pm)Dan I don't think they'd have launched the 36 if they they knew they were going to be fighting a losing battle.

I really think they originally thought they stood quite a high chance of doing well, what with new buses being purchased and "lowest fare guarantees" being promoted. To my memory, it did on the first day or week when everyone could get on for free...

There was a week of free travel. I wonder if the X36 would have been introduced if the 36 hadn't have failed though?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 10 Aug 2014

Come up with a good way to make the 71 and 265 interworking work.

Service 38 will operate every 20 minutes.
Service 71 will operate hourly from Chester-le-Street to Seaham.
Service 202 will extend to Sunderland via the X7 route.
Service 238 will be withdrawn.
Service 265 will be slightly retimed.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 10 Aug 2014

(10 Aug 2014, 4:14 pm)Tom Come up with a good way to make the 71 and 265 interworking work.

Maybe a different route from the X7?, Grangetown area has loads of routes, maybe using the 38 route?

(10 Aug 2014, 4:20 pm)Michael Maybe a different route from the X7?, Grangetown area has loads of routes, maybe using the 38 route?

No because then it wouldn't work - it'd mess up my plan to interwork at Peterlee with the 208.
It'd be combined with the X7 to provide a increased frequency.

(10 Aug 2014, 4:21 pm)Tom No because then it wouldn't work - it'd mess up my plan to interwork at Peterlee with the 208.
It'd be combined with the X7 to provide a increased frequency.

Ah right!

What are the numbers like on the 238?

(10 Aug 2014, 4:24 pm)Michael Ah right!

What are the numbers like on the 238?

Busier on the 38 section of the route, and fair beyond Seaham. Hence it would help the 71.

(10 Aug 2014, 4:31 pm)Tom Busier on the 38 section of the route, and fair beyond Seaham. Hence it would help the 71.

not bad, wonder if there's a chance it will go half hourly.

The 38 timetable.. is odd, when it gets to Tunstall, and comes back towards Sunderland its due at 37 57, (mind this this only at Tunstall Bank Estate and Esdale Estate top of Bevan Avenue).. fair enough it was to make it every 20 mins from Sunderland to Hollycarrside Hewitt Avenue.

They should make the full route 20 mins... the gap is quite daft

Re: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 10 Aug 2014

(10 Aug 2014, 4:14 pm)Tom Come up with a good way to make the 71 and 265 interworking work.

Would that put the 265 back under Chesters control or would you 71 move to Peterlee...

I don't see the point of the 202 going to Sunderland, even on the X7 route, GNE once proposed merging the 61 and 38 round that general area but that was treat like a wet fart by people in Murton and what do you propose for services on Dene House Road as would lose there service(238)...

As for the 265/71, it could possibly work if marketed right, again a few years ago there was talk of a frequency increase to every half hour Interworking with the 13/14

(10 Aug 2014, 4:20 pm)Michael Maybe a different route from the X7?, Grangetown area has loads of routes, maybe using the 38 route?

It would quite a bit to the journey as it, would it work by running to Hendon then follow Stagecoach's 11 up Holmeside

(10 Aug 2014, 4:42 pm)marxistafozzski Would that put the 265 back under Chesters control or would you 71 move to Peterlee...

I don't see the point of the 202 going to Sunderland, even on the X7 route, GNE once proposed merging the 61 and 38 but that was treat like a wet fart by people in Murton and what do you propose for services on Dene House Road as would lose there service(238)...

As for the 265/71, it could possibly work if marketed right, again a few years ago there was talk of a frequency increase to every half hour Interworking with the 13/14

It would quite a bit to the journey as it, would it work by running to Hendon then follow Stagecoach's 11 up Holmeside

Depends, the 11 is only every 15's... plus u have the 19 which goes to the city centre, half hourly... would GNE risk it?

With timing problems on the 9, not sure if its due to the time they got to do the routes or the work around St Mary's...

Will it be possible to drop the whole route to every 20 mins, instead its current timings...

Sunderland to Jarrow - Every 15 mins
Sunderland to North Shields - Continues half hourly

The PVR will be 6.

-----
29/29A - Extend it to Heworth hourly on Mondays to Saturdays, opens new links, although PRV will increase...

(10 Aug 2014, 4:42 pm)marxistafozzski Would that put the 265 back under Chesters control or would you 71 move to Peterlee...

I don't see the point of the 202 going to Sunderland, even on the X7 route, GNE once proposed merging the 61 and 38 round that general area but that was treat like a wet fart by people in Murton and what do you propose for services on Dene House Road as would lose there service(238)...

Yeah under Chesters control - as you live near the route, how are passenger numbers?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 10 Aug 2014

265 is a funny old service...Sometimes it can be well used, other times it carries fresh air, decent numbers use it on the Murton-Seaham stretch, though people would prefer to get the 202 as as that takes about 15 minutes from Dalton Park to Seaham, 265 uses Station Road, I have honestly never seen anybody go to Murton from Station Road/Northlea nor going from Murton to Station Road/Northlea

202...Gets a few on because of the time difference to the 265

Both the 202 and 265 are heaving between 7am-9am and from 3pm-5pm for schools and college.

For me, I would like to see the 265 return to go back up Deneside Avenue to The Mallard instead of the as your actually having to double once you get to the Mill Inn, I would also reintroduce the 265 to Cornwall Estate, it was pulled because that section was not making money, it would give OAP's a service to Seaham. To deal with Station Road losing the 265, I would propose a new Drifter Route number 60A with buses going that way 20 mins...

As things stand the MPD is probably the right size of vehicle on the 265, but would like to see something bigger allocated one day Big Grin

(10 Aug 2014, 5:40 pm)marxistafozzski 265 is a funny old service...Sometimes it can be well used, other times it carries fresh air, decent numbers use it on the Murton-Seaham stretch, though people would prefer to get the 202 as as that takes about 15 minutes from Dalton Park to Seaham, 265 uses Station Road, I have honestly never seen anybody go to Murton from Station Road/Northlea nor going from Murton to Station Road/Northlea

202...Gets a few on because of the time difference to the 265

Both the 202 and 265 are heaving between 7am-9am and from 3pm-5pm for schools and college.

For me, I would like to see the 265 return to go back up Deneside Avenue to The Mallard instead of the as your actually having to double once you get to the Mill Inn, I would also reintroduce the 265 to Cornwall Estate, it was pulled because that section was not making money, it would give OAP's a service to Seaham. To deal with Station Road losing the 265, I would propose a new Drifter Route number 60A with buses going that way 20 mins...

As things stand the MPD is probably the right size of vehicle on the 265, but would like to see something bigger allocated one day Big Grin

Cheers. The last time I saw it leaving Durham at about 2.30 it was heaving. Standing room only. Not sure if they are just using it for local journeys though.

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 10 Aug 2014

(10 Aug 2014, 5:41 pm)Tom Cheers. The last time I saw it leaving Durham at about 2.30 it was heaving. Standing room only. Not sure if they are just using it for local journeys though.

People use it between Durham and Broomside Lane and between Murton-Seaham while not getting packed carries quite a few, it also picks a few up between Hetton and Moorsley, bit there is not much in between and not many use the whole route, it can also be decently used around Murton depending on the time of the day

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Acky81 - 16 Aug 2014

Scrap services 29 and 39 and extend the fab 56 from the city centre up to Doxford international

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 16 Aug 2014

(16 Aug 2014, 2:19 pm)Acky81 Scrap services 29 and 39 and extend the fab 56 from the city centre up to Doxford international

Would be better off Extending the 42 from Silksworth.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - L469 YVK - 16 Aug 2014

(16 Aug 2014, 2:19 pm)Acky81 Scrap services 29 and 39 and extend the fab 56 from the city centre up to Doxford international

The 56 is long enough as it is and the reliability would go down the pan. Plus, where would the extra buses come from unless GNE drivers were willing to climb up Old Durham Road at snails pace in a B5TL?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 16 Aug 2014

(16 Aug 2014, 3:03 pm)DaveyBowyer The 56 is long enough as it is and the reliability would go down the pan. Plus, where would the extra buses come from unless GNE drivers were willing to climb up Old Durham Road at snails pace in a B5TL?

They wouldn't have a choice if GNE opted to purchase them. They can't refuse to take a bus because it only has a 5L engine...

I do agree with your point about the 56 route being long enough though. Not only that, it's also an established route, which obviously makes enough money to justify the investment it received last year.

Go North East Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 16 Aug 2014

(16 Aug 2014, 6:19 pm)aureolin They wouldn't have a choice if GNE opted to purchase them. They can't refuse to take a bus because it only has a 5L engine...

I do agree with your point about the 56 route being long enough though. Not only that, it's also an established route, which obviously makes enough money to justify the investment it received last year.

I agree, I think GNE have clearly established their most important routes, which seem to be 'city connectors', such as the 21, 56 and 20.

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 16 Aug 2014

(16 Aug 2014, 8:09 pm)speedwheels22 29 being every 20 mins i never hardly see anyone on it about 3 to 4 people miss the old 26 route

It's not bad over the 39 section