North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - gneasy91 - 18 Nov 2014

What about heworth pelaw hebburn fellgate boldon nook marsedn horsley hill then E1 route 30 mins

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - biglugs@yahoo.com - 19 Nov 2014

(18 Nov 2014, 11:36 pm)gneasy91 What about heworth pelaw hebburn fellgate boldon nook marsedn horsley hill then E1 route 30 mins

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - gtom - 19 Nov 2014

(18 Nov 2014, 11:12 pm)Washingtonian Thanks for that. Never realised that people were complaining about Wrekenton bus link not being served initially. Yeah it shouldn't be a problem for the proposed 23A/C to still serve Wrekenton. I mainly suggested to omit it as there are loads of buses that currently serve it and it was just a short walk away from the shops anyway. Plus it would have cut out waiting at the lights and made the service a little more direct.

The plan was to initially run both 23A/C hourly and if it proved popular to increase to every 30 mins. It may prove to be popular when the new Morrisions opens.

So a reduction in frequency by removing those short runs? I'm sure some mouthy councillor will be straight on the phone!

It'd be interesting to see if Morrisons (Easter 2015) opening will reduce traffic out of Birtley to Wrekenton and Galleries and increase traffic into Birtley as Morrisons is a fairly lower cost supermarket compared to Co-Op at Wreketon.

The 23 used to omit the bus link but the lack of shelter and confusion as to where to board the bus contributed to the changes. It's a bit like the 21 stopping on Percy Street when everything else goes to Eldon Square

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - biglugs@yahoo.com - 19 Nov 2014

Could they do a 7/x7 instead of x7

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Washingtonian - 20 Nov 2014

(19 Nov 2014, 5:23 pm)gtom So a reduction in frequency by removing those short runs? I'm sure some mouthy councillor will be straight on the phone!

It'd be interesting to see if Morrisons (Easter 2015) opening will reduce traffic out of Birtley to Wrekenton and Galleries and increase traffic into Birtley as Morrisons is a fairly lower cost supermarket compared to Co-Op at Wreketon.

The 23 used to omit the bus link but the lack of shelter and confusion as to where to board the bus contributed to the changes.  It's a bit like the 21 stopping on Percy Street when everything else goes to Eldon Square

If this route was to be funded by Nexus then yeah unfortunately the short runs would probably have to be removed as I doubt Nexus would pay for them. By my estimates, my proposed 23A/C would take around 45-50+ mins to complete the full route. The short runs on the current 23 take between 17-19 mins, so if these journeys were to continue it would mean an increase in the number of buses needed (PVR?) for the route, which is what I doubt Nexus would pay for sadly. You could say that its a bit unfair how only parts of the current 23 benefit from a 30 minute frequency whereas other areas don't. Another problem with the existing 23 is that it stops running at around 5.15pm, and most of the areas it serves do not have a bus service at all on evenings or Sundays. This is unfair on the residents, particularly the elderly who maybe would like to go to the shops,the pub or church or visit friends etc. I think it might be worth trying the proposed 23A/C as a commercial route, with a frequency of every 30 mins during the day and every hour evenings and Sundays, and Nexus may be prepared to help out with the costs of the less profitable areas of the route as they do with other commercial services. If it were to be a commercial route though, I would hope it would be given a lot of promotion and advertising.

Yeah I'd imagine the new Morrsions would attract more people into Birtley. The residents of Birtley have had limited options for shopping since the likes of Kwik Save, Netto and Somerfield closed. Having said that I think some people will still prefer to go to Wrekenton where there are also low priced supermarkets such as Farmfoods and Lidl and I think some people would still prefer the Galleries where there is a more choice of shops and it is indoors. It will be interesting to see what happens anyway.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 20 Nov 2014

My biggest concern about the new Morrisons, is whether or not the little trolley man who was there from the days of Presto transfers back in an emotional homecoming.
He has been at Chester Morrisons for a few years now and I for one, would love to see him back on his old stomping ground.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - biglugs@yahoo.com - 20 Nov 2014

Why dont they change 689 to x15 and oporate it sunday interworking with 15

Ideias here they could have a x55 between seaburn morrisons and boldon asda making the 558 every 30 minutes use iether 635 or 636 and put 1 on 38 to interwork with 38c

Another ideia s1 is always busy so take 8266 off put frequency every 7/8minutes put 618/619 on

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Washingtonian - 20 Nov 2014

(20 Nov 2014, 7:47 am)Andreos1 My biggest concern about the new Morrisons, is whether or not the little trolley man who was there from the days of Presto transfers back in an emotional homecoming.
He has been at Chester Morrisons for a few years now and I for one, would love to see him back on his old stomping ground.

Big Grin  I'm not sure who you mean but he will probably want to stay at Chester Morrisons as there will be less trolleys for him to collect there Smile

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 20 Nov 2014

939 - Team Valley - Crowther Industrial Estate - Washington Galleries - Concord - Waterview Park - Southwick - Sunderland

Well you could do that nothing stopping them

Go North East Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 20 Nov 2014

(20 Nov 2014, 6:59 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Well you could do that nothing stopping them

Thing is - these things have to be able to work financially. While something can work, it might not necessarily succeed, if you know what I mean.

There are lots of things a bus company have to consider before making changes and/or starting a new service.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 20 Nov 2014

(20 Nov 2014, 6:53 pm)NEBCD Malarkey 939 - Team Valley - Crowther Industrial Estate - Washington Galleries - Concord - Waterview Park - Southwick - Sunderland

Don't see why it couldn't work, but it's funded by Nexus, so not sure if they would do anything. 

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 03 Dec 2014

Going for a Malarkey marathon!!!

61/265 merge -

Sunderland, Interchange , Grangetown, Stockton Terrace  , Ryhope, Green  , New Seaham, Dalton Park, Murton, Webb Avenue, Hetton-le-Hole,  Low Moorsley, Front Street , Low Pittington, Blacksmiths Arms , Belmont, Gilesgate Moor, Sherburn Road , Durham Bus Station.

Should take around 65 mins

Monday to Saturday day times -
With a bus every 15 minutes – 9 PVR
With a bus every 20 minutes - 7 PVR

Evenings/Sundays - Every 30 mins then Hourly from Murton to Durham.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 03 Dec 2014

(03 Dec 2014, 7:00 pm)Michael Going for a Malarkey marathon!!!

61/265 merge -

Sunderland, Interchange , Grangetown, Stockton Terrace  , Ryhope, Green  , New Seaham, Dalton Park, Murton, Webb Avenue, Hetton-le-Hole,  Low Moorsley, Front Street , Low Pittington, Blacksmiths Arms , Belmont, Gilesgate Moor, Sherburn Road , Durham Bus Station.

Would need a Shave by the time you get off that, think you have completely outdone any of my so called Marathons.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Jimmi - 03 Dec 2014

Going for a Malarkey marathon!!!

61/265 merge -
 Sunderland, Interchange , Grangetown, Stockton Terrace  , Ryhope, Green  , New Seaham, Dalton Park, Murton, Webb Avenue, Hetton-le-Hole,  Low Moorsley, Front Street , Low Pittington, Blacksmiths Arms , Belmont, Gilesgate Moor, Sherburn Road , Durham Bus Station.
Problem with this is that the 61 currently operates as a circular service through Murton so how could much of the current route would still be served (I'm not familiar with the 61 route) also I'm not sure there is much call for a 15 minute service to Durham from these areas, perhaps it could run as the 61 via the current 61 route every 30 minutes and run to Durham as the 61A every 30 minutes giving a combined 15 minute frequency on the Sunderland to Dalton Park section of the route.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 03 Dec 2014

(03 Dec 2014, 7:15 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Would need a Shave by the time you get off that, think you have completely outdone any of my so called Marathons.

It's shorter than some current routes. 

It might also bring the passenger numbers up on each service 

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 03 Dec 2014

That used to be a route believe it or not - or pretty damn close to the route.

It was only fairly recently in the scheme of things, that it was curtailed to run between Seaham and Durham.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Jimmi - 03 Dec 2014

Would need a Shave by the time you get off that, think you have completely outdone any of my so called Marathons.
Still shorter than the Arriva 22 from Durham to Sunderland.