North East Buses
Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=784)

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - stueybish - 05 Sep 2014

(05 Sep 2014, 10:57 pm)Jimmi I would like to see an express service from Darlington to Newcastle possibly stopping at Newton Aycliffe, Chilton and Ferryhill but run to a shorter route than service 7 running every 30 minutes and it could be combined with the X21 between Durham and Newcastle which would mean an express service every 15 minutes from Durham and Newcastle. Also the it would provide a direct service for New College students which would take money away from Arriva.

The benefits of this could be far-reaching.

People from Aycliffe, Chilton and Ferryhill would also have a direct bus to the University Hospital....send it via New Inn and you then open up another link to Newcastle from the University area. And then, people from Darlo to Ferryhill have a bus that takes them to the Elvet area of Durham.

I have suggested this previously, albeit in a different form! But I think a 30 minute frequency would be overkill. Hourly at best I would say. Perhaps the X22 could be extended to Newcastle to make the 15 minute express frequency?

We're drifting into another thread here!

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - nk55 - 06 Sep 2014

If coaches do move to riverside it defently would be a good move, least then chester will have spare room within the depot, i do hope crook stops open though, GNE should start a trail route around the area, never know it may work.
[/quote]

Management wanted to move the coaching unit to riverside when the additional contracts were gained, however the then coach co-ordinator argued the possible delays would outweigh the benefits of the move. No doubt management will still want to move operations sooner rather than later. On crook i dont think it'll close either and would welcome ( as would others) the last bishop run going back where it belongs.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Acky81 - 06 Sep 2014

(05 Sep 2014, 10:41 pm)Michael I would like stagecoach to bring new routes in to Sunderland, not sure where though, let me have a look

I've said this for a long time the network does work at present but new routes should open up in sunderland

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Michael - 06 Sep 2014

(06 Sep 2014, 11:57 am)Acky81 I've said this for a long time the network does work at present but new routes should open up in sunderland

It does, very much, stagecoach have a really good network within Sunderland, just want to see them take a risk and move out of the boarder of Sunderland

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Michael - 12 Sep 2014

Noticed this post on the GNE facebook page, Although we knew they were getting re-painted etc, confirms the new buses will be green of some sort...

Why are all the green 78s turning red???
Like · Reply · 3 hours ago

Go North East Hi - the buses were in need of a repaint, but Lime buses will be green again shortly

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 14 Sep 2014

http://www.scania.co.uk/products/buses-coaches/bus-range/adl-e400/
http://www.scania.co.uk/products/buses-coaches/engine-range/Euro%206.aspx

If this is true, then it would be good for Go North East. I know that not all routes justify the bigger engine but they could order like this in the future:

- TEN, TTX, Red Arrows, Pronto: ADL E400 MMC with Scania 9 litre engine and chassis.
- FAB 56, Cobalt Clipper, Angel, Laser?, Prince Bishops?: ADL E400 MMC with ADL integral and Cummins Engine.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Dan - 14 Sep 2014

Malarkey was right..!

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Michael - 14 Sep 2014

(14 Sep 2014, 12:12 pm)DaveyBowyer http://www.scania.co.uk/products/buses-coaches/bus-range/adl-e400/
http://www.scania.co.uk/products/buses-coaches/engine-range/Euro%206.aspx

If this is true, then it would be good for Go North East. I know that not all routes justify the bigger engine but they could order like this in the future:

- TEN, TTX, Red Arrows, Pronto: ADL E400 MMC with Scania 9 litre engine and chassis.
- FAB 56, Cobalt Clipper, Angel, Laser?, Prince Bishops?: ADL E400 MMC with ADL integral and Cummins Engine.

Would be very expensive

(14 Sep 2014, 12:13 pm)Dan Malarkey was right..!

Have i missed something again!

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Malarkey - 14 Sep 2014

(14 Sep 2014, 12:13 pm)Dan Malarkey was right..!

Afraid to say, I told you so, just mentioned it in the Scania Thread mere Seconds between our Posts on Two different Threads.

(14 Sep 2014, 12:18 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Afraid to say, I told you so, just mentioned it in the Scania Thread mere Seconds between our Posts on Two different Threads.

Lmao nvm seen it now, it didnt come up as a new post 

(14 Sep 2014, 12:19 pm)Michael Lmao nvm seen it now, it didnt come up as a new post 

Should really merge these Scania related Posts into the Scania Thread, so then Members don't have to look at two different Threads to see what they have missed, To be Honest I am still Laughing, Davey has made my Day.

(14 Sep 2014, 12:31 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Should really merge these Scania related Posts into the Scania Thread, so then Members don't have to look at two different Threads to see what they have missed, To be Honest I am still Laughing, Davey has made my Day.

(14 Sep 2014, 12:31 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Should really merge these Scania related Posts into the Scania Thread, so then Members don't have to look at two different Threads to see what they have missed, To be Honest I am still Laughing, Davey has made my Day.

Haha, really looking forward to this scania gas decker though, wonder if GNE will give it ago... maybe SC might get the demo to do the X34, although theres no room for a refueling structure.

And no, I didn't mean buy new buses now but when the B9TL's start getting old just before they're 7 years, they could then do that.

(14 Sep 2014, 12:35 pm)Michael Haha, really looking forward to this scania gas decker though, wonder if GNE will give it ago... maybe SC might get the demo to do the X34, although theres no room for a refueling structure.

You never know, I wouldn't be surprised if Wrightbus/Volvo and Optare jumped on the "Gas Decker" Bandwagon simply to Provide Competition in an attempt to make more Money at Scania/ADL's expense.

As for what Services it could go on with GNE, not entirely sure to be honest, with Stagecoach i'd go with Services 1/12/62 or 63, even the Express Services which serve Eldon Square could be a Possibility.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Diamond One - 14 Sep 2014

has anything been confirmed yet?

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Dan - 14 Sep 2014

(14 Sep 2014, 6:25 pm)Racer_Experience has anything been confirmed yet?

No - and won't be until next month at the very earliest, as I have previously suggested.

(14 Sep 2014, 6:25 pm)Racer_Experience has anything been confirmed yet?

It looks like they are waiting for the result of the quality contracts. Which will be out on the 9th October.

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions - Michael - 15 Sep 2014

Not sure if this has being ask this and i cba to go back and look...

Will they allow bikes on the new Lime buses?

Ive only ever seen one person with a bike on not sure what the numbers are like on it.