North East Buses
Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=784)

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - citaro5284 - 30 Dec 2014

I am led to believe that some new vehicles will be getting delivered between March and May.

As to the make, model, livery and brand.....let the guessing commence  Tongue

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Dan - 30 Dec 2014

(30 Dec 2014, 7:47 pm)citaro5284 I am led to believe that some new vehicles will be getting delivered between March and May.

Is this you teasing again?!  Tongue

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - R852 PRG - 30 Dec 2014

(30 Dec 2014, 7:47 pm)citaro5284 I am led to believe that some new vehicles will be getting delivered between March and May.

Guys, this bloke is clearly a spy. Get the info. Then terminate him. 

Citaro, why are you such a tease...? Wink

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 30 Dec 2014

I'd probably say it will consist of either E400 MMCs, B5TLs, or Metrodeckers if any double deck orders take place. For single decks, I would most likely say it will consist of Versas and Mercs.

Do you think GNE will acquire an E400 MMC demonstrator that can be properly used? If they did, I would like to see it be tried on the Toon Link and Crusader; and a performance comparison on the X1 and either the TEN, Cobalt Clipper or Fab 56.

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - dodsy - 30 Dec 2014

Is it true that the Gemini 2 hybrids from the 21 are moving onto the crusader?

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Michael - 30 Dec 2014

(30 Dec 2014, 10:40 pm)DaveyBowyer I'd probably say it will consist of either E400 MMCs, B5TLs, or Metrodeckers if any double deck orders take place. For single decks, I would most likely say it will consist of Versas and Mercs.

Do you think GNE will acquire an E400 MMC demonstrator that can be properly used? If they did, I would like to see it be tried on the Toon Link and Crusader; and a performance comparison on the X1 and either the TEN, Cobalt Clipper or Fab 56.

I don't think any citaro's will of being ordered, the current models are euro 6 and are very expensive, this why orders will be versa or streetlite...well thats what i think anyway, I'm also sure Dan has said that a few times....

I do hope we get a few demos in the new year.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 30 Dec 2014

(30 Dec 2014, 10:46 pm)dodsy Is it true that the Gemini 2 hybrids from the 21 are moving onto the crusader?

Very unlikely unless they're struggling really badly becuase if they move them before 5 year under GBF rules, GNE will have to pay  penalty. Mind you though, it could also be argued about 7801 - 7810 running around on the Quorum and Blyth Expresses alot away from the 308 that they were funded for.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Bus_User - 30 Dec 2014

(30 Dec 2014, 12:59 pm)Michael I'm not sure on passenger numbers for the FAB 57 so i'm not sure if it would justify citaro's, never know though! 

From what I see, the 57 gets decent loadings in peak times in particular, especally between Leam Lane and Gateshead so either using solars or the Citaro as you suggest would be a good choice imo. 

The 27 for double deckers? No way, I have never seen the 27 ever full from what I seen, never mind justifying getting a double decker, would be a waste of investment in my eyes. The only time this service ever get busy is if theres a late running service, between Heworth and Newcastle, barely anyone gets on and off and in the most part along that route, it is competing with the Metro and when that is running on time, there is ever only going to be one winner. Maybe they should think of running the 27 through Felling Square again like they used too?

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 31 Dec 2014

I do think that GNE should consider ADL for many reasons though:
- Commonality.
- Enviro 200MMC now available as a lightweight full size single deck delivering the same benefits as the Streetlite Max and full size Versa.
- More fuel efficient.
- Better flexibility.
- Cheaper purchasing costs.
- Good warranties.
- ADL E400MMC (Cummins) seems a modern and efficient design and would be a good candidate for future double deck orders with the exception of the Red Arrows, TTX, Pronto and TEN. Would be great for the Angel when the B5s have had it.
- Heavyweight Scania chassis options available for Enviro 300 and Enviro 400MMC where needed for extra power and for the former, it would sort of fit in well particularly where the Omnicities are concerned.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Dan - 31 Dec 2014

(30 Dec 2014, 11:50 pm)Bus_User From what I see, the 57 gets decent loadings in peak times in particular, especally between Leam Lane and Gateshead so either using solars or the Citaro as you suggest would be a good choice imo. 

The 27 for double deckers? No way, I have never seen the 27 ever full from what I seen, never mind justifying getting a double decker, would be a waste of investment in my eyes. The only time this service ever get busy is if theres a late running service, between Heworth and Newcastle, barely anyone gets on and off and in the most part along that route, it is competing with the Metro and when that is running on time, there is ever only going to be one winner. Maybe they should think of running the 27 through Felling Square again like they used too?

When the time comes for replacement (probably in the 2015/16 financial year), Versas or Streetlites will do the job on the 57. It's not a long demanding route, and the Versas have proven themselves on the banks on the route of the 58. There are other services in the region which are more demanding which could benefit from cascaded or newer Mercedes Citaros.

Behind the Angel and Fab56, the Crusader carries some of the most passengers in the region! It must be said that this does not dictate profit levels: a large proportion of the Crusader's passengers are Concessionary Pass holders. I have said this before and I will say it again - Go North East is very good at seeing the future potential in services being upgraded. If there is potential for growth on top of what there is at present, I have absolutely no doubt that double deckers will be of preference. Whether they are cascaded from the Angel or are brand new remains to be seen. Allocating double deckers to the 27 service will be very helpful to Riverside when the Metros are not operational between Newcastle/Gateshead and Heworth (and beyond on the yellow line) too. When tickets are accepted on the 27 service, the Mercs have to be taken off and replaced by Volvo B7 double decks straight away. Allocating them full time means you don't have that struggle!

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - dodsy - 31 Dec 2014

I was told the angel buses were going onto the 27 as they were too slow on the 21, 21 supposed to get older diesel deckers and the mercedes to be cascaded elsewhere, like I say I don't know how true it is...

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 31 Dec 2014

(31 Dec 2014, 9:35 am)dodsy I was told the angel buses were going onto the 27 as they were too slow on the 21, 21 supposed to get older diesel deckers and the mercedes to be cascaded elsewhere, like I say I don't know how true it is...

Wont happen. I think the GBF states how long their funded buses needs to remain on the same routes for? Im sure 2 years wont be enough.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - gtom - 31 Dec 2014

(31 Dec 2014, 9:35 am)dodsy I was told the angel buses were going onto the 27 as they were too slow on the 21, 21 supposed to get older diesel deckers and the mercedes to be cascaded elsewhere, like I say I don't know how true it is...

More likely too unreliable than slow but the 27 is hardly an easy going route.

But saying that, the 21 is due its usual management cock up downgrade.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Michael - 31 Dec 2014

I would say i can guarantee at least 2 routes which will get new buses during this financial term, although still not 100% on what buses they'll get here is my guess...

Lime - Streetlite 
X66 - Versa 

As for others.... no idea Tongue 

How many buses are being ordered  Angel

(31 Dec 2014, 10:15 am)gtom More likely too unreliable than slow but the 27 is hardly an easy going route.

But saying that, the 21 is due its usual management cock up downgrade.
Honestly, We've gone over this 101 times with other vehicles in the fleet...

Regularly seeing red spares on a route is not due to the fact that the branded allocation are unreliable. It's just a misconception due to the fact there are no branded spare vehicles. Matters will be made worse for the "Prince Bishops" services next month, when they cover a PVR of 20 with no branded spares...

I agree that the Volvo Hybrids may have been 'too slow' to stick to the timetable Go North East had for the 21 originally, but that's the reason why the timetables changed and the PVR increased by 2 vehicles (and hence now uses the two Volvo B7s - which were originally spares). To clear this up, the Angel B5s are staying where they are (for the next few years at least).

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Michael - 31 Dec 2014

(31 Dec 2014, 10:33 am)Dan Honestly, We've gone over this 101 times with other vehicles in the fleet...

Regularly seeing red spares on a route is not due to the fact that the branded allocation are unreliable. It's just a misconception due to the fact there are no branded spare vehicles. Matters will be made worse for the "Prince Bishops" services next month, when they cover a PVR of 20 with no branded spares...

I agree that the Volvo Hybrids may have been 'too slow' to stick to the timetable Go North East had for the 21 originally, but that's the reason why the timetables changed and the PVR increased by 2 vehicles (and hence now uses the two Volvo B7s - which were originally spares). To clear this up, the Angel B5s are staying where they are (for the next few years at least).

I'm expecting loads of odd workings on the Prince Bishops, due to the re-fueling and buses having checks etc...They'll also have to re-fueled more than often due to its LONG route?
They should have at least 2-3 spares for it but that brings more problems up... don't think GNE will want to have loads of branded spares sitting around....... 

Hopefully this is sorted when GNE do the 2015/2016 orders Tongue  

(31 Dec 2014, 10:41 am)Michael I'm expecting loads of odd workings on the Prince Bishops, due to the re-fueling and buses having checks etc...They'll also have to re-fueled more than often due to its LONG route?
They should have at least 2-3 spares for it but that brings more problems up... don't think GNE will want to have loads of branded spares sitting around....... 

Hopefully this is sorted when GNE do the 2015/2016 orders Tongue  

It would be irrational to suggest otherwise. In reality, they're not really 'odd workings'. The majority of the time, it's corporate liveried vehicles covering for vehicles of the same type and specification.

It's forever going to be an issue that can be debated: have branded spares sitting around in the depot ready in case you need them, or have corporate liveried spares and dilute the brand when you do need them, but can use them on other services if you don't? As we know, Go North East are in favour of the latter, so even if new buses did come for services 20/20A, 20 branded vehicles would be purchased and there would be 2 or 3 'red spares' to the same spec (as present). In my eyes, there's no difference between one of the new red Volvo B9s for the 56 covering for a branded vehicle and a red Scania covering for a branded vehicle on the 20. The higher the PVR, the more likely you're going to find that red spares appear.

Buses will be re-fuelled on a night after a bus has finished its duties, as present.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 31 Dec 2014

(31 Dec 2014, 10:27 am)Michael I would say i can guarantee at least 2 routes which will get new buses during this financial term, aslthough still not 100% on what buses they'll get here is my guess...

Lime - Streetlite 
X66 - Versa 

As for others.... no idea Tongue 

How many buses are being ordered  Angel

We have all been able to establish that those 2 routes in particular are to receive an upgrade or cascade of some sort for months now although like you say, we can't say that what vehicles will be purchased for them. We won't know how many buses are being ordered until they actually are. At the moment, we can only guess roughly which i think was about 80 if i remember correctly?

(31 Dec 2014, 10:53 am)Robert We have all been able to establish that those 2 routes in particular are to receive an upgrade or cascade of some sort for months now although like you say, we can't say that what vehicles will be purchased for them. We won't know how many buses are being ordered until they actually are. At the moment, we can only guess roughly which i think was about 80 if i remember correctly?

That figure was in Go North East's assumed corporate plan for the 2014/15 financial year and 2015/16 financial year, which was initially given in Go North East's Quality Contracts Scheme response.

Things can change - that figure could well be higher, it could well be lower. Enthusiasts are very much in the dark with this year's orders, and I'd imagine that will be the case until the buses actually arrive (unless one of our 'Go North East insiders' issues hints closer to the time of their arrival). We shouldn't have found out what they were last year either: they were leaked. Go-Ahead, unlike Arriva and Stagecoach, do not publish details of the amount of vehicles that they plan to order within that financial year as each company is their own and these orders can be made at any time during that financial year (whereas I believe individual Arriva and Stagecoach companies have to get their orders in for a certain time in the year?) This is the reason why there's an element of 'secrecy' to Go North East's orders, whereas Arriva and Stagecoach's are quite open.

(31 Dec 2014, 10:53 am)Robert We have all been able to establish that those 2 routes in particular are to receive an upgrade or cascade of some sort for months now although like you say, we can't say that what vehicles will be purchased for them. We won't know how many buses are being ordered until they actually are. At the moment, we can only guess roughly which i think was about 80 if i remember correctly?

Ye, i'll miss the B10's from the Lime, still going strong after all those years, I just hope the Lime colour looks decent on it's new buses Tongue 

As for Numbers, like Dan's said, it could be higher or lower than what they said.