North East Buses
Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=784)

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 23 Jan 2015

(22 Jan 2015, 10:12 pm)MarcTheA4 I know, I know. Tongue

I'm just trying to say I think Streetlites will be the best option, and I hope they're what is ordered.

Perhaps Mr.5284 can shed some light...?

Don't get ahead of the game. If you did that in the olympics you'd get disqualified Tongue 

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 24 Jan 2015

Now, i hate to stirr things up here but i decided i should start my own website this morning, i chose to use wordpress.com for 2 reasons:
1) I know how to use it
2) Its got all i need - i don't want anything fancy
I know it looks all plain at the moment and you're probably wondering why i'm posting this post in this thread. Well[Image: arrow-10x10.png], here's the reason:

https://uktransportnews.wordpress.com/2015/01/24/wherewillitgo/

You will see what i mean when you see the picture.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Dan - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 9:41 am)Robert Now, i hate to stirr things up here but i decided i should start my own website this morning, i chose to use wordpress.com for 2 reasons:
1) I know how to use it
2) Its got all i need - i don't want anything fancy
I know it looks all plain at the moment and you're probably wondering why i'm posting this post in this thread. Well[Image: arrow-10x10.png], here's the reason:

https://uktransportnews.wordpress.com/2015/01/24/wherewillitgo/

You will see what i mean when you see the picture.

The vehicle is an integral Wright StreetDeck - not a Volvo B5TL/Wright Gemini 3.

It is a demonstration vehicle which will be with Go North East soon, and has been allocated fleet number 9119. It has been built to standard Go-Ahead specification.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 9:49 am)Dan The vehicle is an integral Wright StreetDeck - not a Volvo B5TL/Wright Gemini 3.

It is a demonstration vehicle which will be with Go North East soon, and has been allocated fleet number 9119. It has been built to standard Go-Ahead specification.

Corrected. I made exactly the same mistake as Malarkey did the other week. So bloody confusing Tongue 

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Michael - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 9:49 am)Dan The vehicle is an integral Wright StreetDeck - not a Volvo B5TL/Wright Gemini 3.

Looking forward to that, any idea where it will be based?

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Dan - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 10:02 am)Michael Looking forward to that, any idea where it will be based?
No, I don't know that for sure.

It allows engineering departments to have a look under the hood, as a number of Go-Ahead operators have already ordered some Wright StreetDecks. I doubt it will see service at these locations.

It will come to Go North East to compare to the Volvo B5TL demonstrator. I would not be surprised to see it allocated to the Toon Link services followed by the Pronto, as per the Volvo B5TL demonstrator.

After serving Go North East for a month or two, it should move on to another Go-Ahead operator.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 24 Jan 2015

I'd still say that the E400 MMC will be on the cards for GNE for replacing existing deckers and introducing deckers on other services:

ADL / Cummins = Cobalt Clipper, Crusader, Angel, Prince Bishops, Toon Link
ADL / Scania = TEN, TTX, Red Arrows, Fab 56, Pronto

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 24 Jan 2015

I know GNE have never really ordered from ADL but you can't really have a 5 litre or a Cummins tearing up and down the A19 or through the Tyne Valley all day.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Michael - 24 Jan 2015

Wouldn't mind seeing Gas buses on GNE routes, this is unlikely due to price and no sign of a Green Bus Fund Round 5....=(

I still hope Stagecoach order more Sunderland though......

Deleted my last post due to editing it like 100 times haha!

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - omnicity4659 - 24 Jan 2015

Stagecoach will end up replacing gas buses if they keep ordering them, Michael! Tongue

(24 Jan 2015, 11:19 am)Tommy_1581 Stagecoach will end up replacing gas buses if they keep ordering them, Michael! Tongue

I think they're one of Stagecoach's best buy's... i do think we may get more later/next year Tongue 

I think it was also Stagecoach's idea to make their Sunderland depot fully gas. Tongue 

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - omnicity4659 - 24 Jan 2015

Then they'll end up replacing the 63reg Enviros (Here comes the SUNderland BUS).

(24 Jan 2015, 11:32 am)Tommy_1581 Then they'll end up replacing the 63reg Enviros (Here comes the SUNderland BUS).

Yup, although i think its a good move, i don't think they've had any problems with the gas buses, and iv'e heard the drivers really like them, along with the management. they're currently doing a questionnaire on them, hopefully with all the positive feedback, they'll order more... not just for Sunderland this time!

Although when the gas re-fueling facility was getting built they had a few problems... but we'll not go there! 

I want some for Ashington - to replace shitty MPDs and ALXs. Still don't know what will replace the ALXs next year, probably being Arriva more E400s.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - omnicity4659 - 26 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 10:44 am)DaveyBowyer I'd still say that the E400 MMC will be on the cards for GNE for replacing existing deckers and introducing deckers on other services:

Davey, these routes in bold have recently received new buses. Why on earth do these routes need new buses?
If GNE buy the E400 MMC why couldn't they just paint them into the new corporate livery?

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 26 Jan 2015

No, I meant for the future.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Scott - 26 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 10:44 am)DaveyBowyer I'd still say that the E400 MMC will be on the cards for GNE for replacing existing deckers and introducing deckers on other services:

Why? Operators want standardized fleets as they are easier and cheaper to maintain. Therefore Gemini 3/Streetdeck would be more likely.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 26 Jan 2015

And a load of unhappy punters stuck on broken down buses that can't cope with the nature of some routes?

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 26 Jan 2015

I really can't see GNE buying from ADL. As has already been stated, they have a much stronger relationship with Vovlo/Wright.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - omnicity4659 - 26 Jan 2015

(26 Jan 2015, 5:10 pm)Robert I really can't see GNE buying from ADL. As has already been stated, they have a much stronger relationship with Vovlo/Wright.

Also, to add to that, ADL are on Go-Ahead's "bad books" after the Oxford Bus Company's E400 MMCs were delivered late - meaning that probably all Go-Ahead companies may not be buying products from ADL.