North East Buses
Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=784)

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - R852 PRG - 01 Mar 2015

(01 Mar 2015, 2:14 pm)Drifter60 I think for this year Pronto should receive investment, I think it will too.
Fab57 needs new buses, wether this will be cascades remains to be seen.
I think we might see another MPD displacement so East Durham or North Tyne Links (Remember 238 is already been operated by solos)

I agree with that point. The B10BLEs need to be withdrawn by the end of the year anyway, but I'm not quite sure it justifies new vehicles.

I reckon it could make do with some unbranded Scanias.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Drifter60 - 01 Mar 2015

I doubt the 57 will be unbranded, no need to be. Even if the service gets Solars, I imagine they'll brand them. It depends on the orders reallyas to what stock they could get.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - R852 PRG - 01 Mar 2015

(01 Mar 2015, 2:22 pm)Drifter60 I doubt the 57 will be unbranded, no need to be. Even if the service gets Solars, I imagine they'll brand them. It depends on the orders reallyas to what stock they could get.

I suppose that's true, bit like Stagecoach with the Es being numbered E1/2 then 6 - if it ain't broke don't fix it. 

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 01 Mar 2015

(01 Mar 2015, 12:58 pm)aureolin You're desperate to get rid of the B9s on the X1 aren't you! Tongue

Not desperate at all but they'd be the best choice for a cascade for the following:

-  Well proven and all teething problems should be sorted.
-  Would have paid themselves pretty much off over the years.

They're good vehicles and would supplement the network. It would allow the following:
- Pronto to be upgraded
- TEN to get a permanant 14th B9 (6084)
- TTX gets a suitable spare (6049)

And many more too such as if GNE want to revise the 56 to run every 10 minutes again giving Deptford a spare or two.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Scott - 02 Mar 2015

Any word on what new vehicles the X66 is getting?

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - R852 PRG - 02 Mar 2015

(02 Mar 2015, 2:56 pm)Scott Any word on what new vehicles the X66 is getting?

Streetlites.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Michael - 02 Mar 2015

(02 Mar 2015, 2:56 pm)Scott Any word on what new vehicles the X66 is getting?

Marc, mentioned streetlites... but the lime and red kites are also getting them... Smile

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Scott - 03 Mar 2015

(02 Mar 2015, 4:11 pm)Michael Marc, mentioned streetlites... but the lime and red kites are also getting them... Smile

Why would the Red Kite get Streetlites? Nothing wrong with existing vehicles, I would have thought the Citaro would be better suited to the Red Kites. Don't know that much about the Lime routes, but I think the Streetlites would suit the Lime very well.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Scott - 03 Mar 2015

(01 Mar 2015, 6:54 pm)DaveyBowyer Not desperate at all but they'd be the best choice for a cascade for the following:

-  Well proven and all teething problems should be sorted.
-  Would have paid themselves pretty much off over the years.

They're good vehicles and would supplement the network. It would allow the following:
- Pronto to be upgraded
- TEN to get a permanant 14th B9 (6084)
- TTX gets a suitable spare (6049)

And many more too such as if GNE want to revise the 56 to run every 10 minutes again giving Deptford a spare or two.

Good plan, but the B9TLs have only been on the X1 for a couple fo years, so shouldn't need replacing.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Jimmi - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 10:51 am)Scott Why would the Red Kite get Streetlites? Nothing wrong with existing vehicles, I would have thought the Citaro would be better suited to the Red Kites. Don't know that much about the Lime routes, but I think the Streetlites would suit the Lime very well.

I think the case is that the 45/46 seems to carry decent passenger numbers so it is worthy of an upgrade to brand new buses as the passenger numbers would justify the investment. The Omnicitys displaced off the 45/46 will go to improve the allocations on a another service to displace the buses from that service (the rumour is that the Omnicity's are going on the Toonlink services) which would improve the allocations on that service.

I never ridden the Red Kite services (apart from Newcastle - MetroCentre section) but if it is a route with hills the StreetLite's should handle the route fine if the StreetLite's are set up right for that route, Arriva's examples seem to manage the demanding 5/5A, X3/X4/4 on Teesside and East Cleveland and there is some fairy steep hills on these routes.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Greg in Weardale - 03 Mar 2015

Renowns have served the Lime routes well for 15 years and could have done so quite adequately for another few had it not been for the pedantic DDA rules consigning them to the scrapyard - they are perfectly accessible for wheelchairs and the disabled; it's just an obsession with an extra millimetre between seats and a degree too much in the slope of the floor. I'll bet Streetlites won't be around in 15 years time - they'll have dropped to bits long before then.

(03 Mar 2015, 11:05 am)Jimmi I think the case is that the 45/46 seems to carry decent passenger numbers so it is worthy of an upgrade to brand new buses as the passenger numbers would justify the investment. The Omnicitys displaced off the 45/46 will go to improve the allocations on a another service to displace the buses from that service (the rumour is that the Omnicity's are going on the Toonlink services) which would improve the allocations on that service.

I never ridden the Red Kite services (apart from Newcastle - MetroCentre section) but if it is a route with hills the StreetLite's should handle the route fine if the StreetLite's are set up right for that route, Arriva's examples seem to manage the demanding 5/5A, X3/X4/4 on Teesside and East Cleveland and there is some fairy steep hills on these routes.

I though the Toon Link services were due for new buses. The Red Kite route does have some hills, but there are alos large sections of higher speed running, which would make the Citaros a better choice. Indeed the 45/46 are both busy routes, but would that not be a case for larger vehicles?

(03 Mar 2015, 11:07 am)Greg in Weardale Renowns have served the Lime routes well for 15 years and could have done so quite adequately for another few had it not been for the pedantic DDA rules consigning them to the scrapyard - they are perfectly accessible for wheelchairs and the disabled; it's just an obsession with an extra millimetre between seats and a degree too much in the slope of the floor. I'll bet Streetlites won't be around in 15 years time - they'll have dropped to bits long before then.

They could have modified them to make them comply, but there were some of the oldest vehicles in the fleet, so investment in new vehicles is a better option.

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - R852 PRG - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 11:19 am)Scott I though the Toon Link services were due for new buses. The Red Kite route does have some hills, but there are alos large sections of higher speed running, which would make the Citaros a better choice. Indeed the 45/46 are both busy routes, but would that not be a case for larger vehicles?

I think it's more a case of upgrading the brand overall - the OmniCities are 56-reg buses, making them 9 years old. I know it's not the first thing you think of, but I have heard passengers complaining on Lime services about having R-reg vehicles, which makes them 16/17 years old!

The Lime is definitely receiving investment, long overdue, although I do agree with Greg in Weardale's point about them handling the route like masters; they do have years left in them and it is a shame about DDA.

So, my point is, with the Red Kites being a fairly busy pair of routes - they require an upgrade. No doubt a lot will complain about them not having Wi-Fi, etc, and personally I think it's great GNE have acknowledged this brand in particular and selected it for this years investment.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Jimmi - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 11:19 am)Scott I though the Toon Link services were due for new buses. The Red Kite route does have some hills, but there are alos large sections of higher speed running, which would make the Citaros a better choice. Indeed the 45/46 are both busy routes, but would that not be a case for larger vehicles?

Not really sure what is happening with the Toonlink services, some Red Kite Omnicitys are rumoured to be used on the Toonlink to replace the Renown's but I'm not sure whether these rumours are true or not yet.

The current Omnicitys have 41? Seats where depending on the seating layout they choose for the StreetLite's they will likely to have either 44 or 45 seats so that is slightly more seats than now.

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - R852 PRG - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 11:26 am)Jimmi Not really sure what is happening with the Toonlink services, some Red Kite Omnicitys are rumoured to be used on the Toonlink to replace the Renown's but I'm not sure whether these rumours are true or not yet.

The current Omnicitys have 41? Seats where depending on the seating layout they choose for the StreetLite's they will likely to have either 44 or 45 seats so that is slightly more seats than now.

Yep. I think the OmniCities have a lot few seats towards the back in comparison, to say, a Renown. I'll be honest - I've never liked OmniCities particularly.

I reckon Streetlites are a good choice, and I just hope they do well on their selected services.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Andreos1 - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 11:07 am)Greg in Weardale Renowns have served the Lime routes well for 15 years and could have done so quite adequately for another few had it not been for the pedantic DDA rules consigning them to the scrapyard - they are perfectly accessible for wheelchairs and the disabled; it's just an obsession with an extra millimetre between seats and a degree too much in the slope of the floor. I'll bet Streetlites won't be around in 15 years time - they'll have dropped to bits long before then.
Genuinely thought it would have been a heavyweight vehicle that was used on the 78 and 8, if only due to the nature of the roads and the numbers of passengers using the services.

The Streetlights may have the engine management tuned/adapted to suit the route, but not sure the bodywork will last the test of time.

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - R852 PRG - 03 Mar 2015

citaro5284, I hope this investment into the Limes, Red Kites and X66 proves to be a good move. I know Streetlites can be a bit unreliable, and I don't want my 78 to Sunderland every time I kick off a Get Around to leave 6 minutes late...

(Runs away)

Tongue

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - Michael - 03 Mar 2015

It was something like:

Red Kite Omni's to Toonlink 11/31/32
Toonlink 47 - Wright Eclipse's or deckers...

I think the Streetlite's will do alright,

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 03 Mar 2015

(03 Mar 2015, 4:42 pm)Michael It was something like:

Red Kite Omni's to Toonlink 11/31/32
Toonlink 47 -  Wright Eclipse's or deckers...

I think the Streetlite's will do alright,

Can't remember anything about that personally? As usual though, i could have missed a post.