North East Buses
PCL Travel - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Northumberland Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+---- Thread: PCL Travel (/showthread.php?tid=876)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: PCL Travel - Cobalt271 - 02 Nov 2016

(02 Nov 2016, 11:32 am)GX03 SVC I thought that it would be the Primo on the 15/16 and a Dart on the M1?

I thought it would be the Primo for the M1 because it's been doing the S1 a lot lately, but having looked more closely at the timetables, it could well be one Dart on the M1 and the other on the 15/16. We shall see!

PCL Travel - Jimmi - 03 Nov 2016

Looking more closely at the timetables, I think it's possible that some of the M1 journeys could interwork with other services, the first weekday morning journey to Thropton looks to work onto the 15 and the last journey from Thropton looks to come off the 15, it also seems coincidental that the weekday (excluding Wednesday's) M1 that leaves Morpeth at 10:00 and return journey run during a gap in service on the S1 timetable, unsure what would work the 15:00 from Morpeth and return journey as both the 15/16 and S1 are in operation during these times.

RE: PCL Travel - Tom - 03 Nov 2016

(03 Nov 2016, 1:17 pm)Jimmi Looking more closely at the timetables, I think it's possible that some of the M1 journeys could interwork with other services, the first weekday morning journey to Thropton looks to work onto the 15 and the last journey from Thropton looks to come off the 15, it also seems coincidental that the weekday (excluding Wednesday's) M1 that leaves Morpeth at 10:00 and return journey run during a gap in service on the S1 timetable, unsure what would work the 15:00 from Morpeth and return journey as both the 15/16 and S1 are in operation during these times.

I don't know if the bus could get from Stannington to Morpeth in 7 minutes though?

Wonder if the 15:00 will work off the Hexham services depending on times?

RE: PCL Travel - Jimmi - 03 Nov 2016

(03 Nov 2016, 3:52 pm)Tom I don't know if the bus could get from Stannington to Morpeth in 7 minutes though?

Wonder if the 15:00 will work off the Hexham services depending on times?
Was looking at a old print out timetable to get these times for the S1. Bit confused how there is a journey from both Morpeth and Stannington at 09:30 and this is currently the case now, unsure where the second bus comes from.

I was thinking the 15:00 would be whatever does the 808 from Newcastle at 17:20 plus off whatever other services run during the day such as the 613 on a Tuesday, most likely be a van of some description I would imagine.

(03 Nov 2016, 4:13 pm)Jimmi Was looking at a old print out timetable to get these times for the S1. Bit confused how there is a journey from both Morpeth and Stannington at 09:30 and this is currently the case now, unsure where the second bus comes from.

I was thinking the 15:00 would be whatever does the 808 from Newcastle at 17:20 plus off whatever other services run during the day such as the 613 on a Tuesday, most likely be a van of some description I would imagine.

Yeah they could have made things a lot easier by just having one bus on the M1/S1 and another on the 15/16. Quite strange how they've done it.

RE: PCL Travel - Buses98 - 03 Nov 2016

(03 Nov 2016, 4:23 pm)Tom Yeah they could have made things a lot easier by just having one bus on the M1/S1 and another on the 15/16. Quite strange how they've done it.

would it be better to retime the S1 to fit in with the M1 because I know for certain that the a bus cannot get from stannington to morpeth in 7 minutes.

(03 Nov 2016, 5:18 pm)Buses98 would it be better to retime the S1 to fit in with the M1 because I know for certain that the a bus cannot get from stannington to morpeth in 7 minutes.

Just looking at the timetable I see what Jimmi means now - a journey arrives into Morpeth as the S1 at 09:55 so i'm guessing it will work the M1 at 10:00. But on Wednesday it doesn't look like it can work the S1 on it's return? Really odd.

RE: PCL Travel - Jimmi - 03 Nov 2016

(03 Nov 2016, 5:18 pm)Buses98 would it be better to retime the S1 to fit in with the M1 because I know for certain that the a bus cannot get from stannington to morpeth in 7 minutes.
According to the timetable on Bus Times, there is a journey which leaves Morpeth Bus Station at 08:40 that arrives at St Mary's adj Lodge Gates at 09:05 then leaves at 09:30 arriving back at Morpeth Bus Station at 09:55 which is 5 minutes before the M1 leaves Morpeth at 10:00, it arrives back in Morpeth at 11:30 (11:40 on Wednesday's, so presumably a different bus will be needed for Wednesday's) then the S1 departs Morpeth at 11:35. There is another journey on the S1 from Morpeth Bus Station at 09:30 arriving at St Mary's adj Lodge at 09:53 with no return journey, so presumably a different bus is used for this journey.

It's probably not possible to use the bus on the S1 for the 15:00 journey from Morpeth as there is a S1 that starts at Morpeth, Chantery School at 15:50 (starts at Morpeth Bus Station at 15:50 on non school days).

PCL Travel - Jimmi - 04 Nov 2016

PCL Travel have acquired former The Eden Solo V470GBF. It has been repainted into a all green livery with "Rural Link" vinyls.

RE: PCL Travel - Cobalt271 - 04 Nov 2016

(04 Nov 2016, 12:01 pm)Jimmi PCL Travel have acquired former The Eden Solo V470GBF. It has been repainted into a all green livery with "Rural Link" vinyls.

With a bit of luck it will show up on one of the Rothbury bound services.

RE: PCL Travel - Tom - 07 Nov 2016

Anyone been on the services today then? What was allocated?

RE: PCL Travel - Cobalt271 - 07 Nov 2016

(07 Nov 2016, 5:01 pm)Tom Anyone been on the services today then? What was allocated?

One of the Dart's was allocated to service 15/16 I know that much, I caught a glimpse of it coming into Alnwick this morning.

RE: PCL Travel - Tom - 07 Nov 2016

(07 Nov 2016, 6:39 pm)Cobalt271 One of the Dart's was allocated to service 15/16 I know that much, I caught a glimpse of it coming into Alnwick this morning.

Ah right thanks Smile

RE: PCL Travel - passenger_10 - 07 Nov 2016

It was LG02 FFR. At least it was on the 15 when I passed through Alnwick on an Arriva X15 earlier this afternoon.

RE: PCL Travel - GuyParkRoyal - 08 Nov 2016

Allocation for the new routes this morning is Primo MX07 LBG on the M1 / S1.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_photos/30225863344/in/dateposted-public/

The Dart LG02 FFR on the 15.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_photos/30857960095/in/dateposted-public/

PCL Travel - Jimmi - 08 Nov 2016

My suggestions about the M1 workings were correct, the 10:00 from Morpeth and return interworks with the S1 and the afternoon run this afternoon was Dart LG02FFP.

I decided to sample PCL Travel's efforts on the 15/16 and M1 this afternoon, here's what happened.

I got the 14:15 service 15 from Alnwick with Dart LG02FFR being allocated for this journey, I decided to sit at the back for this journey, avoiding the Urban90's seats of course! first thing I noticed was one of the panels behind the seat was just layed along the ledge over the engine with a canister or something plus wiring being exposed as a result (see photo below). Dart as expected wasn't the greatest bus in the world especially being ex London, it was alright on the straights but the performance on hills wasn't great.

I stayed on-board to ride the circular service 16 with the nice views, just a shame that there is no guided tours anymore.

Upon return to Thropton I had intended to catch their commercial service M1 to Morpeth with Dart LG02FFP being allocated for this run, unfortunately after a driver changeover with the drivers between both services, LG02FFP wouldn't start, both drivers attempting to start the failed Dart but no joy, I was hoping that they would give up after about 10-15 minutes and just send the 16/15 which was working on it's way, but no, both drivers kept on attempting to start the stricken Dart, they left both buses and went to a nearby petrol station to get something to possibly help start the bus, but it was hopeless, so sometime after 16:30 they finally gave up and finally me and the Dart on the 16/15 were on the way to Alnwick, 45 minutes late with me spending that whole time loitering in Thropton wondering how I was going to get home and I had no mobile signal in Thropton so I couldn't alert anyone to the situation I was in (annoyingly just before leaving I discovered that I could have used the Three Wheat Heads' WiFi).

I am now currently on the X15 to Newcastle when I should be somewhere near Chester-le-Street and won't be getting home until around 9pm now. Needless to say, am not amused by this and I have zero desires to ever use one of their services again.

[Image: df884ab184f3c83d372bf4924bca5727.jpg]

RE: PCL Travel - Cobalt271 - 08 Nov 2016

(08 Nov 2016, 5:55 pm)Jimmi My suggestions about the M1 workings were correct, the 10:00 from Morpeth and return interworks with the S1 and the afternoon run this afternoon was Dart LG02FFP.

I decided to sample PCL Travel's efforts on the 15/16 and M1 this afternoon, here's what happened.

I got the 14:15 service 15 from Alnwick with Dart LG02FFR being allocated for this journey, I decided to sit at the back for this journey, avoiding the Urban90's seats of course! first thing I noticed was one of the panels behind the seat was just layed along the ledge over the engine with a canister or something plus wiring being exposed as a result (see photo below). Dart as expected wasn't the greatest bus in the world especially being ex London, it was alright on the straights but the performance on hills wasn't great.

I stayed on-board to ride the circular service 16 with the nice views, just a shame that there is no guided tours anymore.

Upon return to Thropton I had intended to catch their commercial service M1 to Morpeth with Dart LG02FFP being allocated for this run, unfortunately after a driver changeover with the drivers between both services, LG02FFP wouldn't start, both drivers attempting to start the failed Dart but no joy, I was hoping that they would give up after about 10-15 minutes and just send the 16/15 which was working on it's way, but no, both drivers kept on attempting to start the stricken Dart, they left both buses and went to a nearby petrol station to get something to possibly help start the bus, but it was hopeless, so sometime after 16:30 they finally gave up and finally me and the Dart on the 16/15 were on the way to Alnwick, 45 minutes late with me spending that whole time loitering in Thropton wondering how I was going to get home and I had no mobile signal in Thropton so I couldn't alert anyone to the situation I was in (annoyingly just before leaving I discovered that I could have used the Three Wheat Heads' WiFi).

I am now currently on the X15 to Newcastle when I should be somewhere near Chester-le-Street and won't be getting home until around 9pm now. Needless to say, am not amused by this and I have zero desires to ever use one of their services again.

Jesus that sounds like such a rough day, and you live a long way from these services too! I certainly won't be hopping aboard anytime soon after reading this.

RE: PCL Travel - Tom - 08 Nov 2016

(08 Nov 2016, 5:55 pm)Jimmi My suggestions about the M1 workings were correct, the 10:00 from Morpeth and return interworks with the S1 and the afternoon run this afternoon was Dart LG02FFP.

Not great at all then! Wonder how long it will be until they start allocating vans to the M1/S1 and 15/16...

Will still give their services a go sometime though.

RE: PCL Travel - Jimmi - 08 Nov 2016

(08 Nov 2016, 6:13 pm)Cobalt271 Jesus that sounds like such a rough day, and you live a long way from these services too! I certainly won't be hopping aboard anytime soon after reading this.

Yeah, it could have gone smoother.

I can forgive them for the breakdown, that's something that is unavoidable at times and could have happened to any bus with any operator, the thing that got me was the fact we had two drivers attending to the stricken Dart, was that really necessary? If they just left the broken Dart, the 16/15 would have continued on as normal (maybe a few minutes late) and the M1 would have just not run but instead we had the M1 not running and the 16/15 running 45 minutes late as a result. I do wonder if any other passengers originally intended to catch the 15:50 15 from Rothbury as I was the only passenger all the way to Alnwick.

RE: PCL Travel - South Tyne Lad - 08 Nov 2016

(08 Nov 2016, 6:20 pm)Tom Not great at all then! Wonder how long it will be until they start allocating vans to the M1/S1 and 15/16...

Will still give their services a go sometime though.

The fact Spirit had a near 100% Reliability Rating while PCL have managed to fail on the second day is rather shocking id say.
As for VANs on the Service's, I wouldn't be surprised if one will be seen by the end of the week!