North East Buses
PCL Travel - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Northumberland Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+---- Thread: PCL Travel (/showthread.php?tid=876)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: PCL Travel - omnicity4659 - 20 Apr 2018

PMSL!

RE: PCL Travel - Cobalt271 - 23 Apr 2018

(19 Apr 2018, 3:32 pm)S830OFT PCL have a Iveco Daily Blue Sunshine bus in store in the form of GN06 UEK was on the 15 today. 
How is this correct?
Spirit would never off let this happen!

There’s a reason he’s nicknamed “Cowboy Cowell” you know!

RE: PCL Travel - Jimmi - 25 Apr 2018

(31 Mar 2018, 7:47 pm)S830OFT The 06 plate Solo has left with a exchange for the 06 plate primo, also another Centro is expected to arrive.

KX06LYJ is still in the fleet, was on the S1 today.

(19 Apr 2018, 3:32 pm)S830OFT PCL have a Iveco Daily Blue Sunshine bus in store in the form of GN06 UEK was on the 15 today. 
How is this correct?
Spirit would never off let this happen!

Seemingly another loan from L&B Mini Coaches (they recently loaned a Ford Transit from them as well), still operating on the 15 today.
[Image: 27832103478_6d78c6f57e_k.jpg]L&B Mini Coaches: GN06UEK by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

RE: PCL Travel - mb134 - 25 Apr 2018

I always thought that when Spirit were unable to operate the services anymore, NCC should have asked Arriva to step in - even if they had to be funded. I'm not overly sure how easy that would be, but surely with some financial incentive Arriva would have done so?

RE: PCL Travel - omnicity4659 - 25 Apr 2018

(25 Apr 2018, 7:19 pm)mb134 I always thought that when Spirit were unable to operate the services anymore, NCC should have asked Arriva to step in - even if they had to be funded. I'm not overly sure how easy that would be, but surely with some financial incentive Arriva would have done so?

Anyone but PCL would suffice. 

The services have loads of potential, marketed and delivered correctly, they could become the best routes in the North East, like what they used to be.

RE: PCL Travel - Jimmi - 25 Apr 2018

(25 Apr 2018, 7:19 pm)mb134 I always thought that when Spirit were unable to operate the services anymore, NCC should have asked Arriva to step in - even if they had to be funded. I'm not overly sure how easy that would be, but surely with some financial incentive Arriva would have done so?
Can't imagine the numbers and limited frequency would have matched up for Arriva, could have maybe spaced out the X14's a bit differently and interworked it at Thropton possibly just on the section between Thropton and Alnwick Bus Station. Travelsure would have probably been a better option to have taken over the 15 or Glen Valley Tours.

The route seems has lost a lot of custom, no tourists seem to be aware of the service anymore like in the Spirit days and some of the locals have been left unimpressed with the no shows and breakdowns by the sounds of things.

RE: PCL Travel - Pulsar - 25 Apr 2018

Unfortunately I never managed to ride the 15 under Spirit but I really wish I had. I have used it 3 times under PCL and had problems each time. First time it was over 20 minutes late and the dart had missing panels at the back. Second time was the LDV convoy which I found cramped and poor quality. Most worrying is the 3rd (and probably last) time when I was on the 06 plate white solo which broke down outside of Alnwick and passengers were expected to walk the rest of the way. I managed this fine but im sure many would have struggled.

From my experiences I can understand why less people ars using the service, not prepared to give them another chance after the amount of problems. Hopefully another operator eventually gets the service but probably with the council it would just be lowest bidder. I hope travelsure get it though as I find all their drivers friendly and their service good.

RE: PCL Travel - mb134 - 25 Apr 2018

(25 Apr 2018, 7:26 pm)omnicity4659 Anyone but PCL would suffice. 

The services have loads of potential, marketed and delivered correctly, they could become the best routes in the North East, like what they used to be.

(25 Apr 2018, 7:30 pm)Jimmi Can't imagine the numbers and limited frequency would have matched up for Arriva, could have maybe spaced out the X14's a bit differently and interworked it at Thropton possibly just on the section between Thropton and Alnwick Bus Station. Travelsure would have probably been a better option to have taken over the 15 or Glen Valley Tours.

The route seems has lost a lot of custom, no tourists seem to be aware of the service anymore like in the Spirit days and some of the locals have been left unimpressed with the no shows and breakdowns by the sounds of things.

I firmly believe that the routes could be very profitable in the summer months with tourism etc. A big company has far more financial ability to market the routes for the summer, and provide buses with larger capacity. In the winter months they would be better equipped to deal with breakdowns. 

It would take an initial leap of faith, and would probably be best to begin service in Spring to build up reputation and a business case, but as always you need to balance risk with reward. I imagine it would also massively increase the public perception of the bigger companies.

RE: PCL Travel - Tom - 25 Apr 2018

The service offered by PCL looks like it has massively improved...

RE: PCL Travel - S830OFT - 26 Apr 2018

(25 Apr 2018, 10:19 pm)Tom The service offered by PCL looks like it has massively improved...

Well the use of a tiny iveco minibus on the 15 with paper displaying the number is not a real improvement. The only services they run that seem to be a improvement opposed to the previous operator is the 470/473. They have much newer buses allocated and have a range of ticket types availble for them, can't say much for the rest of the services they operate.

RE: PCL Travel - Tom - 26 Apr 2018

(26 Apr 2018, 11:21 am)S830OFT Well the use of a tiny iveco minibus on the 15 with paper displaying the number is not a real improvement. The only services they run that seem to be a improvement opposed to the previous operator is the 470/473. They have much newer buses allocated and have a range of ticket types availble for them, can't say much for the rest of the services they operate.

I was being saracastic haha
It’s a pathetic service they run

RE: PCL Travel - S830OFT - 26 Apr 2018

(26 Apr 2018, 3:43 pm)Tom I was being saracastic haha

Lol, considering the residents pay for the 15 out of their council tax the service presented is shocking. And since the Spirit Days the fares seem to be unreasonable after looking at comments on Spirit Buses facebook page. I just don't know how this route can get any worse but it won't get better by the looks of it.

(26 Apr 2018, 3:43 pm)Tom I was being saracastic haha

Lol, considering the residents pay for the 15 out of their council tax the service presented is shocking. And since the Spirit Days the fares seem to be unreasonable after looking at comments on Spirit Buses facebook page. I just don't know how this route can get any worse but it won't get better by the looks of it.

PCL Travel - TEN 6083 - 29 Apr 2018

PCL have said on their Instagram page they have a new bus

Mercedes Citaro with registration number HF55 JZU

[Image: 7f62967001571c2a59ae46646ee75647.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

RE: PCL Travel - missedbus - 29 Apr 2018

(29 Apr 2018, 7:36 am)TEN 6083 PCL have said on their Instagram page they have a new bus

Mercedes Citaro with registration number HF55 JZU

[Image: 7f62967001571c2a59ae46646ee75647.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Great photoshop job there... Tongue 
Last owned by Go South Coast.

RE: PCL Travel - omnicity4659 - 30 Apr 2018

When I suggested to the owner that he should promote his services... this wasn't what I expected.

I also see that he's replied to people with some rather colourful language too.

PCL Travel - Jimmi - 30 Apr 2018

They've got a Facebook page as well. https://www.facebook.com/PCL-Travel-2035668576685549/

RE: PCL Travel - Charles41 - 01 May 2018

Latest from PCL is NK62EWH, another loan from L and B. Working one of the Tuesday only services at Hexham. No route number or destination. This is a sixteen seat Renault Master and is not DDA compliant.

Charles

RE: PCL Travel - Jamie M - 01 May 2018

(01 May 2018, 10:32 am)Charles41 Latest from PCL is NK62EWH, another loan from L  and B. Working one of the Tuesday only services at Hexham. No route number or destination. This is a sixteen seat Renault Master and is not DDA compliant.

Charles

So this is a service which involves being thrown in the back of a van that doesn't belong to the operator, and doesn't match legal requirements? 
....Okay then....

RE: PCL Travel - S830OFT - 01 May 2018

(01 May 2018, 1:12 pm)Jamie M So this is a service which involves being thrown in the back of a van that doesn't belong to the operator, and doesn't match legal requirements? 
....Okay then....

The Convoy was out in Hexham on Saturday. Wonder if their Convoy is in Morpeth today?

RE: PCL Travel - Jimmi - 01 May 2018

(01 May 2018, 1:12 pm)Jamie M So this is a service which involves being thrown in the back of a van that doesn't belong to the operator, and doesn't match legal requirements? 
....Okay then....

I ain't particularly sure on what the rules are for using vans on service work but it must be acceptable to some degree as other operators use stuff like Transit's on service work, especially in rural areas. That said, I think some of their contracted services do specify that low floor buses should be used.