North East Buses
PCL Travel - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Northumberland Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+---- Thread: PCL Travel (/showthread.php?tid=876)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: PCL Travel - S830OFT - 26 Nov 2018

(26 Nov 2018, 4:13 pm)Cobalt271 I saw an old Vanhool coach on a school run in Wooler the other day with no legal lettering or Operators Disc. Mr Cowell appeared to be trying to fix the front of it using various tools he had! Not surprised at this at all.

It would have just been the 470 as PCL don't have any school services (Thank Goodness).
The MANViro 200 they used to have had the owners adress on a cut up part of a cardboard box taped to the door.
PCL really need to look at what they really have before banting on about having 'Excellence'.

PCL Travel - TEN 6083 - 08 Dec 2018

GN06 UEK (minibus) on 882 today, walked past it parked in Wentworth Car Park with 882 written on a sheet of paper stuck in the front window

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

RE: PCL Travel - S830OFT - 08 Dec 2018

(08 Dec 2018, 4:34 pm)TEN 6083 GN06 UEK (minibus) on 882 today, walked past it parked in Wentworth Car Park with 882 written on a sheet of paper stuck in the front window

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

That's just the sunshine bus painted white.

RE: PCL Travel - GNE6312 - 27 Dec 2018

(26 Nov 2018, 4:42 pm)S830OFT It would have just been the 470 as PCL don't have any school services (Thank Goodness).
The MANViro 200 they used to have had the owners adress on a cut up part of a cardboard box taped to the door.
PCL really need to look at what they really have before banting on about having 'Excellence'.

Like Arriva's 7554 does on a bit of paper

Thropton
Rothbury
Alnwick 
Weavers way
Taylor drive
Shilbottle
A1
Felton
A1
Pinewood drive
Morpeth
Morpeth railway station
Hepscott
Stannington station road
Stannington
Dinnington
Brunswick
Wideopen
Regent centre
Gosforth
Newcastle haymarket

Every hour 7 days a week

Pcl to buy 7469/74/75/78 off arriva then brand them for PCL travel rural link and repaint them ig they want and use them exclusively on the 475 alongside buying 2 vykings of gne for the service and branding them for PCL travel rural link and exclusively use them on the 475.

What do you all think?

Has pcl ot the s2 centro still

RE: PCL Travel - S830OFT - 27 Dec 2018

(27 Dec 2018, 12:48 pm)GNE6312 475
Thropton
Rothbury
Alnwick 
Weavers way
Taylor drive
Shilbottle
A1
Felton
A1
Pinewood drive
Morpeth
Morpeth railway station
Hepscott
Stannington station road
Stannington
Dinnington
Brunswick
Wideopen
Regent centre
Gosforth
Newcastle haymarket

Every hour 7 days a week

Pcl to buy 7469/74/75/78 off arriva then brand them for PCL travel rural link and repaint them ig they want and use them exclusively on the 475 alongside buying 2 vykings of gne for the service and branding them for PCL travel rural link and exclusively use them on the 475.

What do you all think?

I don't think the owner of PCL has enough money to purchase old Double Deckers for a route that is gifted off NCC. The 15 is alright just as it is, if PCL did make improvements I would guarantee it would be the M1 as that's commercial. PCL don't have any social media so attracting young passengers in areas from Alnwick to Newcastle to use them over Arriva would be pretty hard. Also I don't think PCL would pay Nexus Departure Charges, hence why when PCL gained the 808 from Snaith's it was changed from Eldon Square to St. Thomas Street.

(27 Dec 2018, 3:05 pm)S830OFT I don't think the owner of PCL has enough money to purchase old Double Deckers for a route that is gifted off NCC. The 15 is alright just as it is, if PCL did make improvements I would guarantee it would be the M1 as that's commercial. PCL don't have any social media so attracting young passengers in areas from Alnwick to Newcastle to use them over Arriva would be pretty hard. Also I don't think PCL would pay Nexus Departure Charges, hence why when PCL gained the 808 from Snaith's it was changed from Eldon Square to St. Thomas Street.

Now I come to think of it the vykings and ALX 400s are decent buses and pcl will ruin them as well as subsituting double decker ALX 400 and east lancs vykings which have display boards with 16 seater vans with paper in the window because we know that is what PCL do. So lets not go down that road.

(27 Dec 2018, 3:48 pm)GNE6312 Now I come to think of it the vykings and ALX 400s are decent buses and pcl will ruin them as well as subsituting double decker ALX 400 and east lancs vykings which have display boards with 16 seater vans with paper in the window because we know that is what PCL do. So lets not go down that road.

Most passengers on PCL are mostly Senior Citizens as such what is the point in Double Deckers? I think a fleet of Primos do just fine for the services they have.

(27 Dec 2018, 3:58 pm)S830OFT Most passengers on PCL are mostly Senior Citizens as such what is the point in Double Deckers? I think a fleet of Primos do just fine for the services they have.

Does that mean they don't have the s2 centro anymore

(27 Dec 2018, 4:23 pm)GNE6312 Does that mean they don't have the s2 centro anymore

He might have sold it, PCL have a reputation of purchasing vehicles, repainting them then selling them again. But then again he has had the Convoy since the 808 days so not every fleet member.

(27 Dec 2018, 4:34 pm)S830OFT He might have sold it, PCL have a reputation of purchasing vehicles, repainting them then selling them again. But then again he has had the Convoy since the 808 days so not every fleet member.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully not as it looks nice and going on pcl. Also what is the blue and white primo KX08 OLB is allocated to.

Newcastle to Edinburgh Coach Service (X53/54)

Route: 53 - Newcastle Central Station - Barris Bridge For Haymarket - Regent Centre Interchange - A1 - Morpeth - Northgate - Espley - Longhorsley - Longframlington - A697 - Glanton - Powburn - Wooperton - Haugh Head - Wooler Bus Station - Akeld - Milfield - Cornhill-On-Tweed - Kelso - St. Boswells - A697 NonStop - Oxton - A68 NonStop - Edinburgh.

Estimated Journey Time: 4 Hours, 15 Minutes - 255 Minutes.

53A: Newcastle Central Station - Barris Bridge For Haymarket - Regent Centre Interchange - A1 - Morpeth - Northgate - Espley - Longhorsley - Longframlington - A697 - Glanton - Powburn - Wooperton - Haugh Head - Wooler Bus Station - Doddington - Lowick - Ancroft - Scremerston - Tweedmouth - Berwick Railway Station - Eyemouth - A1 - Dunbar - NonStop - Edinburgh.

Estimated Journey Time: 4 Hours, 25 Minutes - 265 Minutes.

Route: 54 - Newcastle Central Station - A1/A696 - Newcastle Airport - Ponteland - Belsay - Kirkwhelpington - Otterburn - Byrness - A68 - Jedburgh - St. Boswells - Galashiels - Edinburgh.

Estimated Journey Time: 3 Hours, 30 Minutes - 210 Minutes.

Route: 54A - Newcastle Central Station - A1 - Morpeth - Felton - A1 - Alnwick - Berwick Railway Station - Eyemouth - A1 - Dunbar - NonStop - Edinburgh.

Estimated Journey Time: 3 Hours, 45 Minutes - 225 Minutes.

These services will only operate once a day each forming a total of 4 services a day between Newcastle and Edinburgh. They will operate alike Greyhound services with booking in advance advised, spare seats are subject to availability.

A Catering Service of Delicious Refreshments is provided by the stewardess on-board the service. Unfortunately to ensure this luxury remains sustainable the refreshments will NOT be complimentary.

Booking can be placed on the PCL Travel website or by phone. All Passengers on-board are GUARANTEED a Comfortable Seat.

Each Coach will come with air-conditioning, at-seat tables, complimentary Wi-Fi, Plug Sockets and the Brand New PCL Premium On-board Entertainment System which will feature a wide range of channels to browse during the journey.

Ticketing:
ONLY PCL TRAVEL TICKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON-BOARD THESE PREMIUM SERVICES.

Fares:
Newcastle to Edinburgh Single (Adult: £17.50 - Child: £8.75) Return (Adult: £20 - Child: £10)
Rural to Edinburgh Single (Adult: £15 - Child: £7.50) Return (Adult: £14 - Child: £7). The Rural Fare applies to: Morpeth, Alnwick, Berwick...

The four journeys from Newcastle to Edinburgh will depart at different times during the day.

Team:
Each service will consist of two drivers and one stewardess. Upon arrival at the end of the route staff will be entitled to up to 60 minutes break. All members of staff will go on a 1 day Training Course to learn of different needs customers have and experience and how to manage different situations. Each member of staff will wear the PCL uniform.

Menu:
Only the cold options will be available to passengers...
Drinks: Water Still (£1.50) Water Sparkling (£2.00) The water will be locally sourced from Kielder Reservoir. All Cokes/Juices: £1.50 - £2.00
Sandwiches: BLT (£3.45) Ham and Cheese (£3.00) Tuna (£3.00) Chicken Salad (£4.00).
Crisps: SeaSalt (£1.25) Cheddar Chive (£1.90) Gin and Tonic (£2.00) Sweet Chilli (£2.00)
Meal Deal: One Drink, One Sandwich, One bag of Crisps only £5!!!

PCL will raise the standards and expectations of Bus Travel with this new premium service redefining everyday journeys.

Also answer to your question GNE6312, it was on 882 a few weeks back.

(27 Dec 2018, 6:50 pm)S830OFT Newcastle to Edinburgh Coach Service (X53/54)

Route: 53 - Newcastle Central Station - Barris Bridge For Haymarket - Regent Centre Interchange - A1 - Morpeth - Northgate - Espley - Longhorsley - Longframlington - A697 - Glanton - Powburn - Wooperton - Haugh Head - Wooler Bus Station - Akeld - Milfield - Cornhill-On-Tweed - Kelso - St. Boswells - A697 NonStop - Oxton - A68 NonStop - Edinburgh.

Estimated Journey Time: 4 Hours, 15 Minutes - 255 Minutes.

53A: Newcastle Central Station - Barris Bridge For Haymarket - Regent Centre Interchange - A1 - Morpeth - Northgate - Espley - Longhorsley - Longframlington - A697 - Glanton - Powburn - Wooperton - Haugh Head - Wooler Bus Station - Doddington - Lowick - Ancroft - Scremerston - Tweedmouth - Berwick Railway Station - Eyemouth - A1 - Dunbar - NonStop - Edinburgh.

Estimated Journey Time: 4 Hours, 25 Minutes - 265 Minutes.

Route: 54 - Newcastle Central Station - A1/A696 - Newcastle Airport - Ponteland - Belsay - Kirkwhelpington - Otterburn - Byrness - A68 - Jedburgh - St. Boswells - Galashiels - Edinburgh.

Estimated Journey Time: 3 Hours, 30 Minutes - 210 Minutes.

Route: 54A - Newcastle Central Station - A1 - Morpeth - Felton - A1 - Alnwick - Berwick Railway Station - Eyemouth - A1 - Dunbar - NonStop - Edinburgh.

Estimated Journey Time: 3 Hours, 45 Minutes - 225 Minutes.

These services will only operate once a day each forming a total of 4 services a day between Newcastle and Edinburgh. They will operate alike Greyhound services with booking in advance advised, spare seats are subject to availability.

A Catering Service of Delicious Refreshments is provided by the stewardess on-board the service. Unfortunately to ensure this luxury remains sustainable the refreshments will NOT be complimentary.

Booking can be placed on the PCL Travel website or by phone. All Passengers on-board are GUARANTEED a Comfortable Seat.

Each Coach will come with air-conditioning, at-seat tables, complimentary Wi-Fi, Plug Sockets and the Brand New PCL Premium On-board Entertainment System which will feature a wide range of channels to browse during the journey.

Ticketing:
ONLY PCL TRAVEL TICKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON-BOARD THESE PREMIUM SERVICES.

Fares:
Newcastle to Edinburgh Single (Adult: £17.50 - Child: £8.75) Return (Adult: £20 - Child: £10)
Rural to Edinburgh Single (Adult: £15 - Child: £7.50) Return (Adult: £14 - Child: £7). The Rural Fare applies to: Morpeth, Alnwick, Berwick...

The four journeys from Newcastle to Edinburgh will depart at different times during the day.

Team:
Each service will consist of two drivers and one stewardess. Upon arrival at the end of the route staff will be entitled to up to 60 minutes break. All members of staff will go on a 1 day Training Course to learn of different needs customers have and experience and how to manage different situations. Each member of staff will wear the PCL uniform.

Menu:
Only the cold options will be available to passengers...
Drinks: Water Still (£1.50) Water Sparkling (£2.00) The water will be locally sourced from Kielder Reservoir. All Cokes/Juices: £1.50 - £2.00
Sandwiches: BLT (£3.45) Ham and Cheese (£3.00) Tuna (£3.00) Chicken Salad (£4.00).
Crisps: SeaSalt (£1.25) Cheddar Chive (£1.90) Gin and Tonic (£2.00) Sweet Chilli (£2.00)
Meal Deal: One Drink, One Sandwich, One bag of Crisps only £5!!!

PCL will raise the standards and expectations of Bus Travel with this new premium service redefining everyday journeys.

Also answer to your question GNE6312, it was on 882 a few weeks back.

Sounds good and will realy raise standards. And also thank you for the info

RE: PCL Travel - Tyne_Traveller - 28 Dec 2018

For some reason, I'm reminded of the film The Big Bus!

RE: PCL Travel - omnicity4659 - 28 Dec 2018

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

These recent service suggestions are certainly funny... imagine PCL attempting to run that?!  Rolleyes

National Express are giving me fares for £10-£15, LNER are about £16-£25... 

And if I wanted comfort, privacy and speed, the predicted cost of driving is £15.

Not really going to attract me from NX, driving or getting the train...

RE: PCL Travel - GNE6312 - 29 Dec 2018

Do pcl accept explorers

RE: PCL Travel - S830OFT - 30 Dec 2018

(29 Dec 2018, 9:35 pm)GNE6312 Do pcl accept explorers

Only on the 15/16/470/473...
The rest I'm not sure so might be worth ringing or e-mailing PCL or NCC.

RE: PCL Travel - GNE6312 - 30 Dec 2018

(30 Dec 2018, 12:20 am)S830OFT Only on the 15/16/470/473...
The rest I'm not sure so might be worth ringing or e-mailing PCL or NCC.

Thank you

RE: PCL Travel - S830OFT - 30 Dec 2018

Does PCL still operate the M1? It never shows up and the A1 seems to face the same fate. I understand these services are commercial but surely it doesn't mean PCL can pick and choose what days they run?