North East Buses
PCL Travel - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Northumberland Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+---- Thread: PCL Travel (/showthread.php?tid=876)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: PCL Travel - GuyParkRoyal - 29 Mar 2019

Peter Cowell has applied for a new operators licence in the name of Rural Link.

PB2021997 SN rural link ltd
Director(s): peter cowell
43, CAMERON ROAD, PRUDHOE, NE425AJ
Operating Centre: UNIT 5B, RYTON INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, NEWBURN
BRIDGE ROAD, RYTON, NE21 4SQ
Authorisation: 3 vehicle(s)
Transport Manager(s): peter cowell

RE: PCL Travel - S830OFT - 29 Mar 2019

(29 Mar 2019, 11:23 am)GuyParkRoyal Peter Cowell has applied for a new operators licence in the name of Rural Link.

PB2021997 SN rural link ltd
Director(s): peter cowell
43, CAMERON ROAD, PRUDHOE, NE425AJ
Operating Centre: UNIT 5B, RYTON INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, NEWBURN
BRIDGE ROAD, RYTON, NE21 4SQ
Authorisation: 3 vehicle(s)
Transport Manager(s): peter cowell

Considering that is his company's brand it seems very unusual to change his company name to that, although he is well known for his cowboy operation within Northumberland, and the use of vehicles that are well (unroadworthy). I do hope this company is axed soon, although I'm sure he will find a way to return...

RE: PCL Travel - LeeCalder - 29 Mar 2019

I believe that PCL were required to use the 'Rural Link' branding by NCC.

RE: PCL Travel - Tyne_Traveller - 05 Apr 2019

Not PCL Travel in this instance but they're mentioned in this article regarding Johnson's of Mickley.

https://www.route-one.net/articles/Legal/Licence_cut_and_ban_as_TM_for_Stocksfield_operator_Raymond_Johnson

RE: PCL Travel - GNE6312 - 19 Apr 2019

PCL should get some double deckers

RE: PCL Travel - NewcastleOne - 19 Apr 2019

(19 Apr 2019, 7:53 am)GNE6312 PCL should get some double deckers
Why???

RE: PCL Travel - jimmoc - 19 Apr 2019

(19 Apr 2019, 7:53 am)GNE6312 PCL should get some double deckers

Are you going to pay for them like why should they services they do not of high demand only do local work which only small buses they need high demanding good paying service for Decker

RE: PCL Travel - GNE6312 - 19 Apr 2019

NT1
Alnwick castle
National trust Cragside
Rothbury
Cragside village
Longhorsley
Longframlington
Alnwick castle

This service will operate every 30 mins as a sightseeing tour

The fleet and features:
It will be allocated open top Plaxton presidents between 15th march and 15th September
However between 16th september and 14th March it will be allocated regular closed roof plaxton presidents
All year commentry is available on every bus on this service
All veichles will wear the black and red rural link coulers

The route:
Buses will depart alnwick castle taking in the sights of the town of alnwick, buses will then leave alnwick taking in the scenary of the alnwick moors before stopping at the entrance to the national trust's cragside, buses will then take in the sights of rothbury before turning around using high streetand heading to longhorsley following the path of the river coquet before heading onto the A697 to longhorsleytaking in the sights of the village and turning around via west road and Drummonds close then heading back north on the A697 to longhorsley taking in the village's sights (only using Rothbury road,church street and front street) before heading onto the A697 vack to the alnwick moors and alnwick castle:

Tickets:

Ticket prices are as follows:
Adult single-£2.50
Adult day ticket (hop on hop off)-£5
Child single-£1.50
Child day ticket (hop on hop off) -£3.50

Explorers are also accepted on this service

All tickets will give you discounted entry to cragside and alnwick castle

RE: PCL Travel - S830OFT - 19 Apr 2019

(19 Apr 2019, 1:50 pm)GNE6312 NT1
Alnwick castle
National trust Cragside
Rothbury
Cragside village
Longhorsley
Longframlington
Alnwick castle

The fleet and features:
It will be allocated open top Plaxton presidents between 15th march and 15th September
However between 16th september and 14th March it will be allocated regular closed roof plaxton presidents

The route:
Buses will depart alnwick castle taking in the sights of the town of alnwick, buses will then leave alnwick taking in the scenary of the alnwick moors before stopping at the entrance to the national trust's cragside, buses will then take in the sights of rothbury before turning around using high streetand heading to longhorsley following the path of the river coquet before heading onto the A697 to longhorsleytaking in the sights of the village and turning around via west road and Drummonds close then heading back north on the A697 to longhorsley taking in the village's sights (only using Rothbury road,church street and front street) before heading onto the A697 vack to the alnwick moors and alnwick castle:

Tickets:

Adult single-£2.50
Child single-£1.50

Hardlys going to work, PCLs current services don't seem sustainable so I can't see this bringing in a significant amount of revenue. Also for a company as small as PCL, I can't see them investing in Double Decker vehicles, when the cost is so high, this is a recipe for disaster...

RE: PCL Travel - Charles41 - 19 Apr 2019

(19 Apr 2019, 2:50 pm)S830OFT Hardlys going to work, PCLs current services don't seem sustainable so I can't see this bringing in a significant amount of revenue. Also for a company as small as PCL, I can't see them investing in Double Decker vehicles, when the cost is so high, this is a recipe for disaster...

I can't help but think this is a belated April fool.

Charles

RE: PCL Travel - Cobalt271 - 19 Apr 2019

(19 Apr 2019, 1:50 pm)GNE6312 NT1
Alnwick castle
National trust Cragside
Rothbury
Cragside village
Longhorsley
Longframlington
Alnwick castle

The fleet and features:

The route:

Tickets:

Adult single-£2.50
Child single-£1.50

PCL can't even run the services they have let alone anything as ambitious as this. Please mark speculation as such in the future!

RE: PCL Travel - omnicity4659 - 22 Apr 2019

With a bit of marketing, a better operator and stopping at Alnwick bus station (for accessibility and connections) and extending to Alnmouth (for ECML and coast), it could work you know...

RE: PCL Travel - S830OFT - 27 Apr 2019

06 plate Renault was on the 15s today with garden bin stickers used for the route number.

It's strange how PCL can use Primos on Town services, but deploy this to Rural services.

RE: PCL Travel - Jimmi - 02 May 2019

(27 Apr 2019, 6:32 pm)S830OFT 06 plate Renault was on the 15s today with garden bin stickers used for the route number.

It's strange how PCL can use Primos on Town services, but deploy this to Rural services.

It's just vinyls rather than garden bin stickers.

Discovered their latest ploy yesterday, they are now on some journeys at least operating services A1 & 15 as one service, got on what I assumed was the 15  in Alnwick Bus Station yesterday afternoon and I found myself being taken to Alnwick Sainsburys, down the A1 and through some villages before eventually ending up in Longframlington which is where the A1 terminates and then onto Rothbury from there Huh 
[Image: 33879601998_8c52effc51.jpg]PCL Travel: WX06UYP by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

RE: PCL Travel - S830OFT - 02 May 2019

(02 May 2019, 12:35 pm)Jimmi It's just vinyls rather than garden bin stickers.

Discovered their latest ploy yesterday, they are now on some journeys at least operating services A1 & 15 as one service, got on what I assumed was the 15  in Alnwick Bus Station yesterday afternoon and I found myself being taken to Alnwick Sainsburys, down the A1 and through some villages before eventually ending up in Longframlington which is where the A1 terminates and then onto Rothbury from there Huh 
[Image: 33879601998_8c52effc51.jpg]PCL Travel: WX06UYP by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

That should be reported to the traffic commissioner as they are as a result missing out Clayport Street, Edlingham and Cragside...

RE: PCL Travel - S830OFT - 02 May 2019

Little Suggestion for PCL...
A1: Withdrawn 
406: Re-introduced. This will interwork with 15 alike Spirit Buses service.

RE: PCL Travel - Tyne_Traveller - 15 Jun 2019

Mercedes-Benz Vito taxi on 882 Hexham - Colwell today

https://flic.kr/p/2ger8Ff

RE: PCL Travel - S830OFT - 15 Jun 2019

(15 Jun 2019, 11:01 am)Tyne_Traveller Mercedes-Benz Vito taxi on 882 Hexham - Colwell today

https://flic.kr/p/2ger8Ff

Atleast It's an upgrade from the 2006 vans, although I predict residents are becoming fed up with allocations like these.

RE: PCL Travel - S830OFT - 15 Jun 2019

Morpeth was free of Primos, with new additions operating the T1/S1
T1 - SN04 EGD MPD
S1 - X372 HCT (L&B Minibus)

RE: PCL Travel - Jimmi - 21 Jun 2019

(15 Jun 2019, 5:29 pm)S830OFT Morpeth was free of Primos, with new additions operating the T1/S1
T1 - SN04 EGD MPD
S1 - X372 HCT (L&B Minibus)

[Image: 48094264483_843f74c100.jpg]PCL Travel: SN04EGD by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

PCL seem to have the use of stuff belonging to L&B quite often lately, saw X372HCT on the 885 back in April

[Image: 48103177412_34e90fd7e8.jpg]L&B Travel: X372HCT by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Different L&B motor on S1 on Tuesday

[Image: 48103057946_b52b85918d.jpg]L&B Travel: N30ECT by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Service S2 was cut to 2 round trips a day back in May, departing Morpeth at 10:00 & 12:00.