North East Buses
Weardale - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: County Durham Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+---- Thread: Weardale (/showthread.php?tid=88)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Weardale - Dan - 16 Dec 2012

News/Pictures/Discussion regarding Weardale to be posted here.

[Don't think there will be much as they only have one service that operates at present - X21]

PS: Think we have all of the active operators in the North East on an individual thread now! ;-)
My mission for next week is to try and get a picture of 'em all so these threads can be illustrated too! Haha

RE: Weardale - Greg in Weardale - 16 Dec 2012

(16 Dec 2012, 9:05 am)Daniel News/Pictures/Discussion regarding Weardale to be posted here.

[Don't think there will be much as they only have one service that operates at present - X21]

PS: Think we have all of the active operators in the North East on an individual thread now! ;-)
My mission for next week is to try and get a picture of 'em all so these threads can be illustrated too! Haha

Weardale Motor Services - Bus Routes: 101 Stanhope - Bishop Auckland (2 x MAN Meridians), 101 Upper Weardale Stanhope - Cowshill & 102 Stanhope - Rookhope (Orion Bluebird), 763/774 Wolsingham - Consett - Townfield (Optare Solo), 84 Crook Town Service (Optare Solo), 7 Shildon - Spennymoor (Optare Solo) and X21 Stanhope - Newcastle Wed/Sat (usually Dennis Trident Wed & coach on Sat). Also six public school bus services to Wolsingham School, five public Nexus school services in Gateshead, plus other school buses in Consett, six vehicles to Bishop Auckland College, etc, etc.

RE: Weardale - Dan - 16 Dec 2012

(16 Dec 2012, 2:44 pm)Greg in Weardale
(16 Dec 2012, 9:05 am)Daniel News/Pictures/Discussion regarding Weardale to be posted here.

Weardale Motor Services - Bus Routes: 101 Stanhope - Bishop Auckland (2 x MAN Meridians), 101 Upper Weardale Stanhope - Cowshill & 102 Stanhope - Rookhope (Orion Bluebird), 763/774 Wolsingham - Consett - Townfield (Optare Solo), 84 Crook Town Service (Optare Solo), 7 Shildon - Spennymoor (Optare Solo) and X21 Stanhope - Newcastle Wed/Sat (usually Dennis Trident Wed & coach on Sat). Also six public school bus services to Wolsingham School, five public Nexus school services in Gateshead, plus other school buses in Consett, six vehicles to Bishop Auckland College, etc, etc.

Perhaps I should have specified in my OP that they only have one public service in Tyne & Wear - those that Nexus have secured.

RE: Weardale - tyresmoke - 06 Jan 2013

Ex Durham Council Solo X317CBT made a (rare?) appearance on service 101 in Bishop Auckland today.

RE: Weardale - Dan - 31 Jan 2013

Weardale Motor Services' MX07 JNZ, Optare Solo M710 made what was said to be a rare appearance on service 101 on January 16th, as can be seen in the photo below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/8433924560/

RE: Weardale - tyresmoke - 03 Feb 2013

Weardale now have Fiat Bluebird YX61BFO which is a former demonstrator.

RE: Weardale - Dan - 04 Mar 2013

An Enthusiasts Tour of Weardale Motor Services has been planned. The provisional itinerary is given below. Though brief, it does sound like a brilliant day and it would be a great shame to miss it. I should be there, and I hope I can persuade one or two of you to go too!

- The event will be on March 23 2013, picking up at Durham Rail Station at 10:30am.
- You will be able to have a ride of Weardale's older stock that is not usually available for the public to ride on. Weardale have a varied selection of Leyland Olympian buses normally used on scholars and it is planned to ride on these as well as the Paramount bodied Volvo B10M, the superbly original Leyland Leopard and the magnificently restored Leyland PD2.
- The vehicles that should be used are as follows: YUP6, OGR625T, GIB8666, C778SFS, G16WMS, D16WMS, and others!
- Planned return to Durham is for 18:30.

The cost for this event is £15 per head. This can be made payable via PayPal or given on the day. To inquire about payment via PayPal, e-mail Stu on the address given below:
stueybish@yahoo.co.uk

If you have any further questions, I can try to answer them myself or you can ask Stu on the e-mail address above. Thanks.

RE: Weardale - Dan - 22 Mar 2013

Anybody planning to go on the Weardale tour tomorrow, the organisers intend to go ahead with the event but may have to abandon the visit to Consett. Currently Bishop Auckland has escaped the worst of the weather and the latest forecast is for light snow showers. Hope to see you tomorrow! Crook depot at 0955, Durham Rail Station at 1030

RE: Weardale - Dan - 24 Mar 2013

The Weardale event was hugely successful. Many thanks to the event organisers.

The forum community can have a look through some of my "best bits" from the day on the photos below:
Exterior shot of Weardale Motor Services' C778SFS, Leyland Olympian/ECW (danielgrahamm)
Exterior shot of Weardale Motor Services' 6249UP, Leyland Leopard/Alexander Y-type (danielgrahamm)
Exterior shot of Weardale Motor Services' RIB6199, Leyland Olympian/Alexander (danielgrahamm)
Exterior shot of Weardale Motor Services' F6WMS, Leyland Olympian/Alexander (danielgrahamm)
Exterior shot of Weardale Motor Services' OGR625T, Leyland Leopard (danielgrahamm)
Exterior shot of Weardale Motor Services' GIB8666, Volvo B10M/Plaxton Paramount II (danielgrahamm)
Exterior shot of Weardale Motor Services' C779SFS, Leyland Olympian/ECW (danielgrahamm)
Exterior shot of Weardale Motor Services' GIB8666, Volvo B10M/Plaxton Paramount II (danielgrahamm)

RE: Weardale - Dan - 20 Jul 2013

I made a note of Weardale's previous enthusiast event, so I thought I'd make a note of this one too. Smile

[Image: 1002303_490868737664052_378769787_n.jpg]

There are approximately 20 places left. No high visibility jacket is needed this time, just bring yourself and your £10!
If you know you can definitely make it, contact Stu on the e-mail address provided above and he will hold the place for you and you can give him the money on the day. If you're in doubt whether you will be able to make it or not, don't book a place - ask Stu a few days beforehand.

North East Buses approve this event.

RE: Weardale - Tom - 23 Jul 2013

On VOSA today....

PB0002406/41 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: East Hedleyhope
Finish Point: Durham
Via: Esh Winning, Langley Park
Service Number: 52
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 29-JUL-2013
Other Details: Monday to Saturday except bank holidays

RE: Weardale - tyresmoke - 23 Jul 2013

Won off JSB, believe the Solo operated on it (SB58BUS) has been sold to Weardale too.

RE: Weardale - Dan - 30 Jul 2013

It seems we forgot to note this one on NEB! Although we're a little late at noting this now, Weardale purchased Weardale Van Hool TX16 Alicron YJ13GYB in May earlier this year.
Very smart indeed, and a photo can be seen on the link below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35138806@N08/9136173981/ (40019 Caronia)

RE: Weardale - jaimzm - 06 Aug 2013

weardale have service 52 of jsb travel and should have sb58 bus now and X317 CBT has been on 84 for last 2 days on friday they had a lvd van on it Y555 ELF keeps breaking down

RE: Weardale - jaimzm - 08 Aug 2013

weardale solo Y6 WMS is on road today on 84 and Y555 ELF in depot looking bad think for scrap and some photos of NX07 JNZ on 84 and X317 CBT on 84 http://www.flickr.com/photos/97278047@N05/

RE: Weardale - Dan - 09 Aug 2013

(08 Aug 2013, 9:15 pm)jaimzm weardale solo Y6 WMS is on road today on 84 and Y555 ELF in depot looking bad think for scrap and some photos of NX07 JNZ on 84 and X317 CBT on 84 http://www.flickr.com/photos/97278047@N05/

Further information, courtesy of the "North East Independents" Facebook page:

Michael Greig "Just back from Gardiners yesterday [07/08/13], yellow beluga coach away getting painted, MX07JNZ going soon, leaving only Y555ELF/X317CBT and fiat demo in white/blue.All ready for new rota (stage 1) that I have created for Sept. 1st." (08/08/13)

RE: Weardale - Dan - 13 Aug 2013

Weardale have added Optare Solo MX54MWA, Mercedes Sitcar Beluga SP07ENW and Bova BT08LCT and Van Hool TX16 YJ13GYB to their fleet. Mercedes 709D M6WMS has been withdrawn following accident damage.

RE: Weardale - Dan - 29 Aug 2013

D16WMS (formerly G344CSG) has now been withdrawn, and is having parts removed prior to being scrapped next week.
With thanks to Stu Gray for sharing the information on the "North East Independents" Facebook group.

RE: Weardale - BUSFAN - 08 Sep 2013

Weardale have been getting another Vanhool Coach this one is Metallic Red.

RE: Weardale - Dan - 21 Sep 2013

On VOSA earlier this week:

PB0002406/48 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: JOSEPH SWAN ACADEMY
Finish Point: CARDINAL HUME SCHOOL
Via: SALTWELL ROAD, SALTWELL VIEW, DECKHAM
Service Number: SCH 855
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 16-SEP-2013
Other Details: Monday to Friday AM & PM SCHOOL DAYS ONLY