North East Buses
Durham Bus Stn - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Durham Bus Stn (/showthread.php?tid=893)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Durham Bus Stn - Jimmi - 03 Aug 2014

(03 Aug 2014, 9:40 pm)Kuyoyo X66 should have been a bit further down from the Express Stop (the temporary stop they used Darlington bound from the start of the High Street work until the south end turning loop was taken out of use).

To put it bluntly, it was a farce - Stagecoach actually revised the way their through services were operating late on Friday afternoon because they were ending up running together on half hourly routes. So, by Saturday morning, only the 59/61 was using the bottom end of the High Street with the 52/58s running down there only for operational reasons (driver changes and layovers when the only accessible laybys at the northern end were full).

Yeah that's the stand the X66 used, it ended up running late with 1616 and an Omnicity running together and mine was almost 20 minutes late and completely full with standees.

RE: Durham Bus Stn - Kuyoyo - 03 Aug 2014

(03 Aug 2014, 9:53 pm)Jimmi Yeah that's the stand the X66 used, it ended up running late with 1616 and an Omnicity running together and mine was almost 20 minutes late and completely full with standees.

Yeah, they'll got caught up in the Parade. I did spot them coming into Middlesbrough together at 1225 - 1616 straight to stand to load the OmniCity (4647 I think) pull round after it had left and left empty as the 1230.

RE: Durham Bus Stn - palatine3833 - 03 Aug 2014

(03 Aug 2014, 9:16 pm)Tom Yes I suppose - absolutely ludicrous!

The Pulsar in question lost all of its gears on North Road roundabout and the safest thing to do was to roll it back into the bus station, hence why it was facing the wrong way.

RE: Durham Bus Stn - Jimmi - 04 Aug 2014

The time in Durham Bus Station is 24:19:00

Also the smokers are stood right next to the door next to stand A so the smoke is blowing through.

RE: Durham Bus Stn - Adrian - 04 Aug 2014

(03 Aug 2014, 10:08 pm)palatine3833 The Pulsar in question lost all of its gears on North Road roundabout and the safest thing to do was to roll it back into the bus station, hence why it was facing the wrong way.

How would they tow it back out if it couldn't be repaired away from base though? Don't the Pulsars have to be towed from the rear? It's a bit tight to get it back out the exit to the bus station...

RE: Durham Bus Stn - JoshP - 26 Aug 2014

Any developments on Durham Bus Station as of yet? Plans/BluePrints/Newspapers? Or even any inside knowledge?

RE: Durham Bus Stn - Michael - 26 Aug 2014

(26 Aug 2014, 8:20 pm)JoshP Any developments on Durham Bus Station as of yet? Plans/BluePrints/Newspapers? Or even any inside knowledge?

I haven't seen or heard anything but im not from the area so might of missed something.

RE: Durham Bus Stn - Jimmi - 30 Sep 2014

The issue of buses pulling onto the wrong stands continues as this afternoon service 48 had to pull onto stand B and the driver had to get out of the bus and to shout "anyone for New Brancepeth"

Re: RE: Durham Bus Stn - Adrian - 01 Oct 2014

(30 Sep 2014, 9:57 pm)Jimmi The issue of buses pulling onto the wrong stands continues as this afternoon service 48 had to pull onto stand B and the driver had to get out of the bus and to shout "anyone for New Brancepeth"
It was utter chaos yesterday too. 43 was in stand B with layover time, so the 21 was late by the time it got in stand.

X2 was also late and started beeping at the national express coach in stand A. Then as soon as the coach went to reverse out, the X2 pulled in behind the coach, and started letting passengers on/off. Coach couldn't get out and nothing coming in the bus station could get past the X2.

RE: Durham Bus Stn - palatine3833 - 02 Oct 2014

(04 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm)aureolin How would they tow it back out if it couldn't be repaired away from base though? Don't the Pulsars have to be towed from the rear? It's a bit tight to get it back out the exit to the bus station...

Well as it was rolled back into the bus station, it would've been towed out in the normal direction as the front of the bus was facing the roundabout and the rear was facing the normal exit.

RE: Durham Bus Stn - Jimmi - 18 Oct 2014

Durham Bus Station now has a waterfall, by which I mean the roof is badly leaking again, was waiting for the 7 last night and everyone was getting soaked.

And some people it is a good bus station, it isn't please knock it down.

Also the 7 had to pull onto the wrong stand again.

RE: Durham Bus Stn - JoshP - 03 Feb 2015

Any update on the 'new' bus station?

RE: Durham Bus Stn - Jimmi - 03 Feb 2015

(03 Feb 2015, 8:46 pm)JoshP Any update on the 'new' bus station?

I haven't heard anything.

I'm still think it is a dump, was waiting for the 7 the other week and had to try and avoid being drenched from the leaky roof. North Road doesn't look pretty either.

Perhaps this is why Davie thinks Durham is a ****hole.

RE: Durham Bus Stn - JoshP - 03 Feb 2015

(03 Feb 2015, 9:03 pm)Jimmi I haven't heard anything.

I'm still think it is a dump, was waiting for the 7 the other week and had to try and avoid being drenched from the leaky roof. North Road doesn't look pretty either.

Perhaps this is why Davie thinks Durham is a ****hole.

I can't see anything happening if I'm honest!

RE: Durham Bus Stn - Jimmi - 03 Feb 2015

(03 Feb 2015, 10:02 pm)JoshP I can't see anything happening if I'm honest!

I don't think anything will ever happen either.

Some people are in serious denial about Durham Bus Station they seem to think it is a brilliant place with security all over the bus station in case there is any trouble when in reality the roof leeks all the time which leads to slippery floors and the security usually can be seen for two seconds before disappearing into the cubby hole by stand A.

RE: Durham Bus Stn - Malarkey - 04 Feb 2015

Following on from the comments above, id be more than happy to smash through Durham Bus Station with a Wrecking Ball, as from looking at it its just horrid and I am quite surprised nobody has been knocked over as Buses come out of it, then you have all the issues with Vehicles going on other stands, a leaking roof and god knows what else, I dont think I have been in a worse Bus Station anywhere else when on my travels, I would even go as far as saying Concord has a better Bus Station Smile , Either way its time for change in Durham.

RE: Durham Bus Stn - Andreos1 - 04 Feb 2015

(04 Feb 2015, 5:15 pm)Malarkey Following on from the comments above, id be more than happy to smash through Durham Bus Station with a Wrecking Ball, as from looking at it its just horrid and I am quite surprised nobody has been knocked over as Buses come out of it, then you have all the issues with Vehicles going on other stands, a leaking roof and god knows what else, I dont think I have been in a worse Bus Station anywhere else when on my travels, I would even go as far as saying Concord has a better Bus Station Smile , Either way its time for change in Durham.

Try Lincoln bus station...

Ticks all of the boxes Durham does and is located underneath a concrete multi story car park

RE: Durham Bus Stn - Jimmi - 04 Feb 2015

(04 Feb 2015, 5:15 pm)Malarkey Following on from the comments above, id be more than happy to smash through Durham Bus Station with a Wrecking Ball, as from looking at it its just horrid and I am quite surprised nobody has been knocked over as Buses come out of it, then you have all the issues with Vehicles going on other stands, a leaking roof and god knows what else, I dont think I have been in a worse Bus Station anywhere else when on my travels, I would even go as far as saying Concord has a better Bus Station Smile , Either way its time for change in Durham.

I think someone was actually recently knocked down outside Durham Bus Station, if I remember correctly some was hit as the 49/49A was leaving the bus station. I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often as some people cross there without even looking, there has been a few times I've been on a bus and it has had to slam on the breaks.

It is a dump, buses everywhere including places they shouldn't be, people walking in the road not looking (seriously look at this photo Marcus took https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@N02/16195868401/), leaking roof where if there is heavy rain it ends up under water, security often hiding in the cubby hole, and then there is all the people blocking the entrance having a tab and then just the general scum that hang around there.

PLEASE KNOCK THIS ****HOLE DOWN!

RE: Durham Bus Stn - Jimmi - 04 Feb 2015

The story I was referring to about someone being hit on North Road (just outside the Bus Station).
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11370757.Pedestrian_airlifted_to_hospital_after_being_hit_by_bus/

RE: Durham Bus Stn - Malarkey - 04 Feb 2015

(04 Feb 2015, 5:36 pm)Jimmi The story I was referring to about someone being hit on North Road (just outside the Bus Station).
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11370757.Pedestrian_airlifted_to_hospital_after_being_hit_by_bus/
It is a complete blind spot for the driver when coming out as he or she has to approach the exit with extreme caution as a Pedestrian could walk out into the road at anytime, and you would think incidents like the above would occur a lot more often as a result.