North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 15 Apr 2015

Last of my student finance for year has being submitted, should get it soon!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 15 Apr 2015

(15 Apr 2015, 5:29 pm)Michael Last of my student finance for year has being submitted, should get it soon!!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Michael, you seem to have problems with student finance every year... Don't count your chickens before they're hatched!

(15 Apr 2015, 5:37 pm)Dan Michael, you seem to have problems with student finance every year... Don't count your chickens before they're hatched!

It better go in, its due in on Friday by the student finance site, a day before my birthday to! 

That's also because its student finance.... haha 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 15 Apr 2015

(15 Apr 2015, 5:39 pm)Michael It better go in, its due in on Friday by the student finance site, a day before my birthday to! 

Ooh, happy birthday!

I wonder what the cash will be getting spent on...!

(15 Apr 2015, 5:41 pm)Dan Ooh, happy birthday!

I wonder what the cash will be getting spent on...!

I'm gonna be good and put some away, as i won't ever get it again =( 

But the rest will go on stuff i don't need and junk food.. oh and Alcohol like my current lot does... haha 

(15 Apr 2015, 6:41 pm)Adam You've just reminded me. I still need to do mine. Best get cracking now.

I would, i applied for mine around this time last year for my current year and it came back within a month... not sure if that's because i had it the first year of uni to.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 15 Apr 2015

I can't remember having to apply for student finance on year-by-year.

I think I applied in the first year and everything else was done automatically. I could be wrong about the process but I received everything to which I was entitled.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 15 Apr 2015

I had to reapply for mine, presumably on the basis I was continuing the course, rather than dropping out.
Needed to submit all sorts of info to them, such as course codes. Guessing this was all cross referenced at some point.

Mind, I have no faith at all in the SLC - so goodness knows.

They must have spent hundreds trying to claim back a £50 overpayment - which was down to their incompetence.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 15 Apr 2015

Now off work for next 7 days, then at work for one day, then off for another 3 days.

So tomorrow, I'm off for a carvery with my fella and one of our best pals, then afterwards we are heading to Locomotion.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 16 Apr 2015

(16 Apr 2015, 7:53 am)Adam Had my favourite driver on my X25 this morning. He always says "good morning" as you get on and "bye now" as you get off. He's been my driver a few times now and his friendliness never fails to put a smile on my face.

So, whoever the driver was on this morning's 08:17 X25 from Wrekenton to Newcastle, he needs praised!
As my mate always said to me, bus driving can be terrible at times, it is a thankless job amd you rarely hear praise for a driver, no matter how crap you feel or how miserable you are, it does not take much to force a smile. He would say dont let people see you down and be nice even if you dont mean it!!!!!

Some drivers just seem to take pleasure in being miserable, to some drivers I have encountered being miserable is probably better than getting laid

RE: Whats made you happy today? - S813 FVK - 16 Apr 2015

Proof that ghosts do exist:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/17143201506/in/photostream/

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 16 Apr 2015

(16 Apr 2015, 5:19 pm)Robert Proof that ghosts do exist:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/17143201506/in/photostream/
Ha ha, that's brilliant.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 16 Apr 2015

(16 Apr 2015, 7:53 am)Adam Had my favourite driver on my X25 this morning. He always says "good morning" as you get on and "bye now" as you get off. He's been my driver a few times now and his friendliness never fails to put a smile on my face.

So, whoever the driver was on this morning's 08:17 X25 from Wrekenton to Newcastle, he needs praised!

I know exactly who you mean, Adam. He's got impeccable manners, and as said before, he'll be lucky to get a ''thank you'' in return. 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - idiot - 17 Apr 2015

Just won £20 from Mcds online codes Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 17 Apr 2015

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Student Finance has gone in!

Time to buy loads of shit i don't need and waste it on junk food and Alcohol!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 17 Apr 2015

(17 Apr 2015, 8:04 am)Adam Second day on the trot I've posted something in this thread. Goodness me....

Anyway, another day, another tale about this morning's commute on the X25. I was running slightly late so opted to go to the bottom of my street to catch the X25 from there instead of walking to Wrekenton and getting that, or the X1, from there. Got to the bottom of my street and there's the X25 going past the stop, even though it was one or two minutes early. I was stuck on the other side of the road at the time so started running in the direction towards Wrekenton, putting my hand out at the same time. Happily the driver saw me, very kindly stopping at the next stop and waited for me to board Smile

It was even worthy of a text to the Metro paper's Good Deed Feed, so it may appear next week.
I remember one day at Westlea, I jumped off a 60, belted across the road in front of a 61, as soon as I stepped on the kerb, he shut the door and done one, but there has been days when I have ran for a bus and made sure the driver has seen me in his mirror and he has waited for me.

What I will sometimes do when I get on a bus, if I see someone coming towards it, I will be slow in getting on, being slow to put a fag out, slow scanning my pass to give someone time to reach the bus...

Sounds like a good driver u had mate Big Grin

(17 Apr 2015, 8:15 am)Adam I think mine was due in today as well. I'll have to check when I go out for lunch. If it has, then I'm proper buzzing today Big Grin

According to student finance website iv'e being paid, could check on their.

(17 Apr 2015, 8:27 am)Adam Turns out I'm getting ahead of myself. It's not due until Monday haha

Oh no! =( 

Heard a few people saying they'll be buying books with it... some people lie to themselves when they say they'll be good and buy books for uni... that does not happen! 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 17 Apr 2015

(17 Apr 2015, 8:30 am)Michael Oh no! =( 

Heard a few people saying they'll be buying books with it... some people lie to themselves when they say they'll be good and buy books for uni... that does not happen!

I bought a couple, just to give my conscience some leeway.
Only two mind...

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 17 Apr 2015

(17 Apr 2015, 8:30 am)Michael Oh no! =( 

(17 Apr 2015, 10:07 am)Andreos1 I bought a couple, just to give my conscience some leeway.
Only two mind...

I managed to save all of mine. It's still sitting in an ISA  Big Grin