North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 15 May 2015

(15 May 2015, 6:42 pm)Dan Yeah, one of the teachers at my school got one on her wrist and I recall there being issues... Was only a small flower and it suited her, but she had to wrap something round her wrist for quite some time.

I mean that's daft, its just a flower, its better than the Nazi symbol.... 

Don't get me wrong you should be aloud to get tattoo's on your wrists etc for work, if they're appropriate.  

(15 May 2015, 6:44 pm)aureolin I'm not a fan of tattoos. I often have my Facebook feed flooded with photos of lasses getting the next 'fad' tattoo. Most of which look horrific and cheap.

I don't have many of them, thank god! 

I really like the sleeve ones though 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 15 May 2015

(15 May 2015, 6:33 pm)Dan I'm much the same. I doubt I will ever get a tattoo, as it's never been something that's appealed to me. A couple of my mates want tattoo 'sleeves' and suchlike, but I think it would just look unprofessional in an office-based environment (for myself).

I wouldn't mind a sleeve, but there really expensive...When I find a job the fact I have tattoos should not come into it(I would wear a long sleeve shirt or jumper...The majority of mine are hidden anyway, apart from 1 on each arm...I also fancy another 1, possibly 2 before stopping being inked forever....By which time I will have 11/12 and that will be enough for me

But as Mr Young points out, each to there own...

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 15 May 2015

(15 May 2015, 6:44 pm)Michael I don't have many of them, thank god! 

I really like the sleeve ones though 

But even sleeves have historic criminal connotations attached to their emergence in western society.

Sleeves were largely associated with the Japanese Yakuza. It was how one might identify members of that organisation.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 15 May 2015

(15 May 2015, 6:48 pm)MrFozz I wouldn't mind a sleeve, but there really expensive...When I find a job the fact I have tattoos should not come into it(I would wear a long sleeve shirt or jumper...The majority of mine are hidden anyway, apart from 1 on each arm...I also fancy another 1, possibly 2 before stopping being inked forever....By which time I will have 11/12 and that will be enough for me

But as Mr Young points out, each to there own...

But there within lies the big contradiction in getting a tattoo in the first place.

A lot of people like to wear tattoos like a badge - something that they're proud to display. If you're going to hide a tattoo, for any reason, then what's the point in getting one?

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 15 May 2015

(15 May 2015, 6:33 pm)Dan I'm much the same. I doubt I will ever get a tattoo, as it's never been something that's appealed to me. A couple of my mates want tattoo 'sleeves' and suchlike, but I think it would just look unprofessional in an office-based environment (for myself).

I don't really fancy ever getting a tattoo as I don't think I could pluck up the courage to get something inked on myself for the rest of my life, that and I change my mind on things I want all the time so no doubt if I ever did get a tattoo which will probably never happen but if I did I would probably regret the choice I have made. Additionally there is some places that won't hire you if you have tattoos so I would not want that to limit any opportunities I may have in terms of employment or anything else.

I have nothing against tattoos it's just not something I'd ever get myself.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 15 May 2015

(15 May 2015, 6:55 pm)MurdnunoC But there within lies the big contradiction in getting a tattoo in the first place.

A lot of people like to wear tattoos like a badge - something that they're proud to display. If you're going to hide a tattoo, for any reason, then what's the point in getting one?

So I have to have them on display all the time...I am proud of my tattoos, but if I get a job, I would not mind keeping them out of view, I will have plenty time to show 'em off...

I see the point in what your saying mate, but sometimes it is appropriate to have them hidden i.e. The Workplace if that is there policy

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 15 May 2015

Now although we may be often disgruntled with the operator that we use - would you go this far?

https://twitter.com/ThePoke/status/599284369459544064

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 15 May 2015

(15 May 2015, 7:17 pm)Andreos1 Now although we may be often disgruntled with the operator that we use - would you go this far?

https://twitter.com/ThePoke/status/599284369459544064

I like how they censored the F word on the tweet even though we can see the word in the pic below.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - S813 FVK - 15 May 2015

Picking up from Jimmi's point. Surely if they were censoring the word on the post, couldn't they have just blurred the 'uc' on the picture as well? It defeats the point of censoring at the end of the day.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 15 May 2015

(15 May 2015, 7:19 pm)Jimmi I like how they censored the F word on the tweet even though we can see the word in the pic below.

(15 May 2015, 7:22 pm)Robert Picking up from Jimmi's point. Surely if they were censoring the word on the post, couldn't they have just blurred the 'uc' on the picture as well? It defeats the point of censoring at the end of the day.

No idea why they did that folks.
Reckon you will have to ask the poke

RE: Whats made you happy today? - mb134 - 16 May 2015

Got a letter from school today telling us that we're having an "Enrichment Day", one activity is a trip to Alton Towers, don't mind if I do Big Grin 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 16 May 2015

(16 May 2015, 5:49 pm)mb134 Got a letter from school today telling us that we're having an "Enrichment Day", one activity is a trip to Alton Towers, don't mind if I do Big Grin 

We did one of those at college to Alton Towers too. Starting on the drink at 6am is never a good idea!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 16 May 2015

(16 May 2015, 5:59 pm)aureolin We did one of those at college to Alton Towers too. Starting on the drink at 6am is never a good idea!
We ended up at Lightwater Valley.

What a pile of crap that was, nearly everything was broken the day we went. Someone got lost in the place so we all had to sit on the coach for about 45 minutes whilst the staff went back in to go find her. Then we got stuck in traffic on the A1 on the way back which was fun.

Thankfully it was a nice day so was nice just to be out and about soaking up the sun.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Simmy - 16 May 2015

(16 May 2015, 5:59 pm)aureolin We did one of those at college to Alton Towers too. Starting on the drink at 6am is never a good idea!
A few uni pals are hiring a bus to Flamingo Land and back. Looks like drink will be on the banter bus agenda. Nee powersockets or free wifi though Wink.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - mb134 - 16 May 2015

Don't imagine that'll be happening on ours, as it's a whole school event (50 places, I'm hoping to get one), however some of the lower years are questionable... 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 16 May 2015

(15 May 2015, 6:41 pm)MurdnunoC When I was your age tattoos were mostly frowned upon in any working environment but I think its became more socially acceptable now than it was twenty years ago. 

There appears to be a lot more artistry involved nowadays. I don't recall anyone talking about getting 'sleeves' back when I was teen - most were simplistic and, in my opinion, quite crap. Tattoo studios always used to look dodgy too.
Best tattoo studio I have been to is in Laganas, Zante, Greece and the cleanest too...

The worst had to be a one round my way, When I got a tribal design up my arm, the tattooist chain smoked rollie's while tattooing me...Luckily nothing went wrong with it

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 16 May 2015

(16 May 2015, 8:15 pm)MrFozz The worst had to be a one round my way, When I got a tribal design up my arm, the tattooist chain smoked rollie's while tattooing me...Luckily nothing went wrong with it

Yeah, there used to be quite a few like that around Gateshead too. Not exactly the picture of hygiene or professionalism you want to present. But I guess that indicates how far the tattoo industry has come over the last twenty years or so. Tattoo studios, for the most part, are no longer the seedy places they once were.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 16 May 2015

(16 May 2015, 8:20 pm)MurdnunoC Yeah, there used to be quite a few like that around Gateshead too. Not exactly the picture of hygiene or professionalism you want to present. But I guess that indicates how far the tattoo industry has come over the last twenty years or so. Tattoo studios, for the most part, are no longer the seedy places they once were.

The lad tattooing me was saying the industry is quite heavily regulated and have to be licenced to do it, they are subject to environmental health/Health and Safety checkups whenever they want to drop in...

He was saying it just not worth it to take any risks as they have a duty of care to clients in doing it right in a safe environment and not worth the risk of losing his business

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 16 May 2015

With the week I've had I didn't think I'd post anything in this thread, but this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1hxgqm96EA is hilarious

RE: Whats made you happy today? - LeeCalder - 17 May 2015

I seen my head teacher (or principal as he's known) in Newcastle yesterday, he was quite drunk to say the least