North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 04 Jun 2015

(04 Jun 2015, 11:40 am)mb134 Hope it went well Smile

Popped into school for a bit, and spoke to my friend who took it and he didn't seem too happy with how it went, hope you're feeling more confident about it than that! 

Haha, not really. The general consensus on Twitter was that the paper was really difficult.

The bad thing about Business Studies papers is that they're all worth quite a few marks - ranging from 6 to 15 from the outset and throughout.

My friend answered the first question with '8', but the rest of us and the majority of Twitter users got '1.45%'. Fair to say she's a little disappointed, because it can often be a case of one question being the difference between a grade in Business.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - mb134 - 04 Jun 2015

(04 Jun 2015, 11:48 am)Dan Haha, not really. The general consensus on Twitter was that the paper was really difficult.

The bad thing about Business Studies papers is that they're all worth quite a few marks - ranging from 6 to 15 from the outset and throughout.

My friend answered the first question with '8', but the rest of us and the majority of Twitter users got '1.45%'. Fair to say she's a little disappointed, because it can often be a case of one question being the difference between a grade in Business.

Oh god, that's pretty bad. Probably means low grade boundaries though Smile 

Business sounds much the same as History in that sense, where there are 2 12 and 2 24 mark questions. If you screw up one it'll immediately send you down a grade, especially one of the 24's which if you don't answer, you've pretty much got to nail the rest of the paper to get over a C

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 04 Jun 2015

Getting 4 of Hexhams loans. Just waiting for the Merc to return.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 04 Jun 2015

And now I've got all of them.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 05 Jun 2015

Listening to Lee call a moth a mop

Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 06 Jun 2015

Watching a documentary about Pinewood Film Studio...

Jonathan Ross saying J. Arthur Rank makes me laugh rather childishly Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 06 Jun 2015

Well I've just watched the Champions League final, bit flat in the first half with Barca scoring so early but as soon as Juve scored in 2nd half it was game on from then on. Winning £95 helped of course! Thanks to Neymar's 97th minute goal...

RE: Whats made you happy today? - South Tyne Lad - 06 Jun 2015

Winning a football tournament in Middlesbourgh, then getting top scorer with 8 goals in 5 matches even getting a hatrick in one.

Then watching Barcelona beat juventus in the champions league final.........Lucky you tyresmoke! not bad £95?

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 06 Jun 2015

(06 Jun 2015, 9:40 pm)South Tyne Lad Winning a football tournament in Middlesbourgh, then getting top scorer with 8 goals in 5 matches even getting a hatrick in one.

Then watching Barcelona beat juventus in the champions league final.........Lucky you tyresmoke! not bad £95?

Aye wasn't bad! Crazy when he had one ruled out earlier on though... Bet365 were doing a promotion where if you bet upto £50 they would allow you to place the same again but risk free (ie refunded if it didn't come in) so me and brother both had £50 on over 0.5 match goals (pretty much guaranteed to happen!) which brought in £52.50 (-£50 stake = £2.50 profit)... then £50 (risk free) on Neymar to score any time at 15/8. £143 return (-£50 stake = £93 profit)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 06 Jun 2015

(06 Jun 2015, 3:26 am)Adam I persuaded my uni friends to come up to the mighty homeland of Eighton Banks for a night. I met them at Gateshead Interchange at 5pm, then got the X25 to Eighton Banks where we had a fantastic meal at The Waggon. Afterwards, we went to mine for a quick drink and introduced my friends to my family, before heading to the Quarryman's and then town afterwards, having just got back home not so long ago.

They all seemed to enjoy it, which is a relief as I felt a lot if pressure to make tonight a success Big Grin

I've never been there for years. It was always a cracking little pub, and the food was fantastic. Especially the hot beef dips. 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 06 Jun 2015

(06 Jun 2015, 9:29 pm)tyresmoke Well I've just watched the Champions League final, bit flat in the first half with Barca scoring so early but as soon as Juve scored in 2nd half it was game on from then on. Winning £95 helped of course! Thanks to Neymar's 97th minute goal...

thought you was in the stadium itself with you in Berlin and all of that on holiday 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 07 Jun 2015

(06 Jun 2015, 10:40 pm)Racer_Experience thought you was in the stadium itself with you in Berlin and all of that on holiday 

No the ticket ballot happened months ago before I even knew when my holidays were, never mind where I would go. Could definitely be up for going to next years though lol

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Simmy - 07 Jun 2015

Mad how you don't see a certain driver for 6 months, then all of a sudden they appear on your local route. Just the nature of the job I guess.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 07 Jun 2015

The weather has been fantastic this weekend and I've had two great days out.

Going to head home via the coast, allowing me to get some photos on the way.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 07 Jun 2015

The England vs Republic of Ireland match is over

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 07 Jun 2015

Thanks to Dans advice I have now found a nice cheap place to buy Chips and all under £3 what a bargain

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 07 Jun 2015

(07 Jun 2015, 7:56 am)tyresmoke No the ticket ballot happened months ago before I even knew when my holidays were, never mind where I would go. Could definitely be up for going to next years though lol

San Siro is the next final next year 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Simmy - 07 Jun 2015

(06 Jun 2015, 7:48 pm)Adam Further to this, I've been speaking to them today and all six of them who came said they enjoyed it. One friend said Gateshead was "awesome (which nobody's ever said before)", whilst a lot of them said my family were lovely and welcoming. Equally, my parents said they seem to be a nice bunch of people. It was different, but a good different.

I think they may possibly take the gong for the furthest travelled punters to The Quarryman's, with three of them who came along originally coming from Cambridge, South Wales and Northern Ireland respectively.

They particularly admired the view after we got off the X25 at the bottom of Sandy Lane, where you can look down onto the Angel and up the Silver Hills. The girls thought it looked like something from The Sound of Music so were singing various songs from the musical whilst walking up to The Waggon.

I feel as if the night was an enjoyable success and a right good laugh, so takes a weight off my shoulders knowing that I sort of masterminded the whole thing Smile

Where did you end up in town? Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 08 Jun 2015

A rumble in the distance, and then seeing ex-Northern National 4708 roar past the office window in Tyne and Wear PTE livery.

What a beast. Looking very smart indeed!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 08 Jun 2015

Good progress being made on the independents fleetlists today - updates and completing some more lists!