North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 25 Sep 2015

Quite pleased how my photo of 651 on the 682 came out.

Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 26 Sep 2015

Went to the MacMillan Coffee Morning at Murton Top Club yesterday and won some sweets

[Image: f3308843749dde2037a026aa761e62c5.jpg]

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 26 Sep 2015

Newcastle's just scored vs Chelsea

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jackamcardle - 26 Sep 2015

(26 Sep 2015, 5:13 pm)Davie Newcastle's just scored vs Chelsea

*cries*

(26 Sep 2015, 5:13 pm)Davie Newcastle's just scored vs Chelsea
Now 2-0 Wink

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 26 Sep 2015

(26 Sep 2015, 5:48 pm)Davie Now 2-0 Wink

Too good to be true...

RE: Whats made you happy today? - omnicity4659 - 26 Sep 2015

(26 Sep 2015, 5:48 pm)Davie Now 2-0 Wink

I was having live commentary from the people in the queue for the X21. So I know well that Newcastle are winning.  Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - S813 FVK - 26 Sep 2015

(26 Sep 2015, 6:29 pm)GX03 SVC I was having live commentary from the people in the queue for the X21. So I know well that Newcastle are winning.  Big Grin

Well, were. 2-2 at 90 minutes. Don't know if anymore goals were scored in added time.

(26 Sep 2015, 6:21 pm)Tom Too good to be true...
It's typical Newcastle, get your hopes up just to let us down

Starting my new volunteering job at Tanfield Railway tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it! I went to have a look around last week and the staff and all other volunteers were very nice and friendly.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - BusLoverMum - 26 Sep 2015

(26 Sep 2015, 8:52 pm)Jackamcardle Starting my new volunteering job at Tanfield Railway tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it! I went to have a look around last week and the staff and all other volunteers were very nice and friendly.

That should be fab! We took the boys for a ride on it on a bitter cold, damp day in early May and they absolutely loved it. The volunteers were all absolutely filthy and appeared to be having a wonderful time.

My elderly ex bus driver friend used to volunteer on it and got some of the really dirty jobs.

(26 Sep 2015, 9:01 pm)BusLoverMum That should be fab! We took the boys for a ride on it on a bitter cold, damp day in early May and they absolutely loved it. The volunteers were all absolutely filthy and appeared to be having a wonderful time.

My elderly ex bus driver friend used to volunteer on it and got some of the really dirty jobs.

Thanks! And like your family, I too thought the ride was fantastic and full of scenery. There were two sides to the job - the commercial side and the engineering side. The commercial side is all about the selling point of view and the engineering side is the dirty type. I'm much more for the commercial type but there are many staff that really seemed to enjoy getting their hands dirty.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - BusLoverMum - 26 Sep 2015

(26 Sep 2015, 9:09 pm)Jackamcardle Thanks! And like your family, I too thought the ride was fantastic and full of scenery. There were two sides to the job - the commercial side and the engineering side. The commercial side is all about the selling point of view and the engineering side is the dirty type. I'm much more for the commercial type but there are many staff that really seemed to enjoy getting their hands dirty.

I was entirely unsure what to expect because I'd done a trip on the North York Moors railway with littl'un with school and was bored stiff. We didn't get a steam engine and is was basically no different to the Leeds-Skipton run I did several times a year through the 90s, right down to the age and style of the rolling stock.

But my thought about the Tanfield Railway was "this is proper, like!" (and I'm not even a Geordie!) I think the fog made it even better because the carriages filled with the smoke and steam and there were long moments when we couldn't see a thing for it.

If I do it again, I'm taking a cushion to sit on, mind!

(26 Sep 2015, 8:52 pm)Jackamcardle Starting my new volunteering job at Tanfield Railway tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it! I went to have a look around last week and the staff and all other volunteers were very nice and friendly.

Good luck Jack!

(26 Sep 2015, 10:34 pm)Davie Good luck Jack!

Thanks Davie!

(26 Sep 2015, 9:34 pm)BusLoverMum I was entirely unsure what to expect because I'd done a trip on the North York Moors railway with littl'un with school and was bored stiff. We didn't get a steam engine and is was basically no different to the Leeds-Skipton run I did several times a year through the 90s, right down to the age and style of the rolling stock.

But my thought about the Tanfield Railway was "this is proper, like!" (and I'm not even a Geordie!) I think the fog made it even better because the carriages filled with the smoke and steam and there were long moments when we couldn't see a thing for it.

If I do it again, I'm taking a cushion to sit on, mind!

I'll certainly be there to greet you, and your children! Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - LeeCalder - 27 Sep 2015

I hope you really enjoy it Jack.

A good friend of mine, Anthony, volunteers at Stephenson's Railway, and he said it is the best decision he has ever made.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 27 Sep 2015

Good luck; hope you enjoy your role and the enrichment volunteering brings to many people. 

How are you getting there? Living in my neck of the woods, I imagine travelling by public transport won't be easy, especially on Sundays.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - NK53 TKT - 27 Sep 2015

Has it gone well?

I like GX03 SVCs new profile picture just wish I was home for it

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 27 Sep 2015

Enjoyed the MLP:EG film that I watched last night on a live stream from the USA.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 30 Sep 2015

My college timetable:

Tuesday - 9:30-12:30 - once a Monday during the month, i have to stay back for tutorial - this runs from 1:30pm-3:30pm (we have to book a time etc)
Thursday - 9:30-12:30 - 1:30-4:30

So not all bad.... including a placement + later block placements will take over some days i'm at uni.