North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 14 Oct 2015

managed to get free chocolate i won it as the quiz master made the quiz so hard the older folks couldn't get it i managed to win it with the highest score of 6/10 on todays quiz

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Kuyoyo - 15 Oct 2015

A so-far enjoyable day out up in Northumberland. The X20 run on 664 was enjoyable - good long thrash.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - NK53 TKT - 15 Oct 2015

(15 Oct 2015, 2:32 pm)Kuyoyo A so-far enjoyable day out up in Northumberland. The X20 run on 664 was enjoyable - good long thrash.

Is it like the ex London DAF ones in terms of noise, or is it like the tridents Jesmond used to have for the Coastliners

Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 15 Oct 2015

Bit late but... Went to the Newcastle O2 Academy last night for the 10th anniversary gig with a selection of North East acts on the bill including: Hazels, Shields, Street Party in Soho, Hyde & Beast with Little Comets rounding off the night, 10 bands for £10, brilliant! Also if you were one of the first one hundred people through the door, you got a free T-shirt to celebrate the occasion, in typical fashion I was there early so of course I got mine, I've attached a terrible selfie of me modelling it.
[Image: 0273d8db3f54cd1c4072fb389832faaa.jpg]

And here is the back, which has a selection of the acts who have played the O2 Academy over the last 10 years.
[Image: 1b861352e72194242fddd3f2d27d2583.jpg]

Was a cracking night, although I didn't want to get up this morning. Off to see Spector at the Cluny on Sunday plus the Cribs at the O2 Academy on Monday plus many more gigs in the coming months.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - NK53 TKT - 15 Oct 2015

(15 Oct 2015, 3:05 pm)Jimmi Bit late but... Went to the Newcastle O2 Academy last night for the 10th anniversary gig with a selection of North East acts on the bill including: Hazels, Shields, Street Party in Soho, Hyde & Beast with Little Comets rounding off the night, 10 bands for £10, brilliant! Also if you were one of the first one hundred people through the door, you got a free T-shirt to celebrate the occasion, in typical fashion I was there early so of course I got mine, I've attached a terrible selfie of me modelling it.

And here is the back, which has a selection of the acts who have played the O2 Academy over the last 10 years.

Was a cracking night, although I didn't want to get up this morning. Off to see Spector at the Cluny on Sunday plus the Cribs at the O2 Academy on Monday plus many more gigs in the coming months.
Gonna get the Q3 Tongue

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 15 Oct 2015

(15 Oct 2015, 3:07 pm)NK53 TKT Gonna get the Q3
No.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - BusLoverMum - 15 Oct 2015

(15 Oct 2015, 3:05 pm)Jimmi Bit late but... Went to the Newcastle O2 Academy last night for the 10th anniversary gig with a selection of North East acts on the bill including: Hazels, Shields, Street Party in Soho, Hyde & Beast with Little Comets rounding off the night, 10 bands for £10, brilliant! Also if you were one of the first one hundred people through the door, you got a free T-shirt to celebrate the occasion, in typical fashion I was there early so of course I got mine, I've attached a terrible selfie of me modelling it.

Love the back of it.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 17 Oct 2015

One of the writers for MLP has just favourited one of my tweets.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - S813 FVK - 17 Oct 2015

Taking me several attemps but i have finally completed the simpsons puzzleball:

RE: Whats made you happy today? - NK53 TKT - 17 Oct 2015

(17 Oct 2015, 6:17 pm)S813 FVK Taking me several attemps but i have finally completed the simpsons puzzleball:

Congrats

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 17 Oct 2015

(17 Oct 2015, 12:11 am)GMitchelhill One of the writers for MLP has just favourited one of my tweets.

And now two of the voice actors from the show (one who voices Apple Bloom and the other that does Sweetie Belle) has also favourited the same tweet.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 18 Oct 2015

Well I got home last night from a really good 2 weeks working away from home. About 3 weeks ago I got asked by one of the managers at Stockton if I fancied going to work in Yorkshire for a week or 2, so I agreed without knowing any details or anything. It turned out that I was going on the Friday, having been asked on the Tuesday!

So yeah I spent two weeks working for Arriva Yorkshire's Dewsbury depot, and we stayed in a nice family run hotel in the outskirts of Dewsbury. I route learned the 126/127 routes which run from Dewsbury, via the Chickenley estates to Ossett then down through Horbury and into Wakefield. A 42 minute trip, primarily operated by VDL Geminis in the Max brand. To cut a long story short I thoroughly enjoyed doing something different to what I would normally do, although I'm glad to be back home after two weeks away.

Attached is a photo of Gemini 1510 yesterday morning, my last day, before departure from Dewsbury depot.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Kuyoyo - 18 Oct 2015

As I'm more or less assured to be starting in a few weeks, I can let the cat out of the bag....I'm about to start my second attempt at a full time job anytime soon - but this time I know I can do the job and what to expect.
I'm going to be working for Yodel Home Delivery at their Stockton depot on the night shift sorting parcel as they arrive from the various Sort Centres across the country. And unlike previous years, I've been lucky enough to be top of the list for a full-time post should one become available - and funny enough, one has. Paperwork has prevented me starting just yet but I've got a start regardless, if not before the temporary staff for the Christmas Peak start then I'll be starting with them pending the clearance from head office to take me on.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 18 Oct 2015

(18 Oct 2015, 11:59 am)Kuyoyo As I'm more or less assured to be starting in a few weeks, I can let the cat out of the bag....I'm about to start my second attempt at a full time job anytime soon - but this time I know I can do the job and what to expect.
I'm going to be working for Yodel Home Delivery at their Stockton depot on the night shift sorting parcel as they arrive from the various Sort Centres across the country. And unlike previous years, I've been lucky enough to be top of the list for a full-time post should one become available - and funny enough, one has. Paperwork has prevented me starting just yet but I've got a start regardless, if not before the temporary staff for the Christmas Peak start then I'll be starting with them pending the clearance from head office to take me on.

Good Luck Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 18 Oct 2015

Newcastle today... absolutely unreal, Performance and result Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 18 Oct 2015

(18 Oct 2015, 5:03 pm)Davie Newcastle today... absolutely unreal, Performance and  result Big Grin

I wouldn't say they were unreal. Going forward they were clinical, but they looked shaky at the back still. Tiote was abysmal, and I'd have subbed him after 20 minutes. Some of the most basic of runs were not being watched either, and against a good team, they'll turn you over not doing that.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - LeeCalder - 19 Oct 2015

To say Newcastle were unreal just makes you sound very deluded.

They weren't, they were far from "unreal", in fact they played very poorly.

The Norwich midfield controlled the game for large periods, and but for some comical defending my Sebastian Bassong and Steven Whittaker, Norwich could easily have come away from St James' with a win.

Robbie Brady was all over Janmatt throughout the game, Janmatt was defensively disastrous. Tiote was disgraceful, and without the Mitrovic/Perez/Wijnaldum partnership, it would have been a defeat.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Charles41 - 19 Oct 2015

New PSV Circle fleetbook for Tyne & Wear is now available. The code is G677, £9.00 to non-members and £6.75 to members.

Just ordered my copy. Hopefully I'll have it for the weekend and I can get a bit spotting in on Sunday.

Charles

RE: Whats made you happy today? - NK53 TKT - 19 Oct 2015

Let out of school an hour early, spread out the traffic on Benton Park Road though
Over the moon, and my Q3 from Regent Centre homme was a minute early!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - omnicity4659 - 19 Oct 2015

(19 Oct 2015, 3:06 pm)NK53 TKT Let out of school an hour early, spread out the traffic on Benton Park Road though
Over the moon, and my Q3 from Regent Centre homme was a minute early!

I left tuition 4 minutes late, as I was working on this  to help my mam to get on a StreetLite, which has a dedicated pushchair bay and are easy to access.