North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 04 Nov 2015

(04 Nov 2015, 3:19 pm)Diamond One Hadn't won a raffle since school and guess what I won the raffle today so my loosing streak of not winning raffles is now at an end thanks to the draw

Gratz, what did you win?

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 04 Nov 2015

(04 Nov 2015, 3:21 pm)MrFozz What did ya win Bazzarooski??? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Maltesers

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 04 Nov 2015

(04 Nov 2015, 3:23 pm)Diamond One Maltesers
better than a kick up the arse [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 04 Nov 2015

(04 Nov 2015, 3:23 pm)Michael Gratz, what did you win?

The good old Maltesers last time I won something was in 2000s I had to give my prize to teacher til I got home

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 04 Nov 2015

(04 Nov 2015, 3:25 pm)Diamond One The good old Maltesers last time I won something was in 2000s I had to give my prize to teacher til I got home

Why...

I won a prize in 2000...the bet was to do a lap of Asda in Stanley...the prize was 3x180 Tetley Tea-Bags and a Jar of Nescafe [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 05 Nov 2015

(04 Nov 2015, 2:21 am)GMitchelhill Going out for a meal with the boyfriend on Wednesday night after work. Didn't think I would see him until Sunday.

Meal is actually taking place on Thursday night as we got the days mixed up. Whoopsie lol.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 05 Nov 2015

(04 Nov 2015, 3:28 pm)MrFozz Why...

I won a prize in 2000...the bet was to do a lap of Asda in Stanley...the prize was 3x180 Tetley Tea-Bags and a Jar of Nescafe [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]
Was alcohol and unfortunaltely I was unable to drink alcohol at the time as I was under age

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Kuyoyo - 06 Nov 2015

(18 Oct 2015, 11:59 am)Kuyoyo As I'm more or less assured to be starting in a few weeks, I can let the cat out of the bag....I'm about to start my second attempt at a full time job anytime soon - but this time I know I can do the job and what to expect.
I'm going to be working for Yodel Home Delivery at their Stockton depot on the night shift sorting parcel as they arrive from the various Sort Centres across the country. And unlike previous years, I've been lucky enough to be top of the list for a full-time post should one become available - and funny enough, one has. Paperwork has prevented me starting just yet but I've got a start regardless, if not before the temporary staff for the Christmas Peak start then I'll be starting with them pending the clearance from head office to take me on.

Only taken a month from first being mentioned. I start for Yodel Home Delivery at their Stockton depot on Monday at 1am on night sort. And I'm very much looking forward to doing it full time (more money then lol)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 06 Nov 2015

(06 Nov 2015, 5:14 pm)Kuyoyo Only taken a month from first being mentioned. I start for Yodel Home Delivery at their Stockton depot on Monday at 1am on night sort. And I'm very much looking forward to doing it full time (more money then lol)

1am... that's a late start.... Good luck though!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Kuyoyo - 06 Nov 2015

(06 Nov 2015, 5:17 pm)Michael 1am... that's a late start.... Good luck though!

Not when Parcel Sorting. Considering trailer movements vary night to night especially over the peak Christmas Period, the start time varies.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - citaro5284 - 06 Nov 2015

(06 Nov 2015, 5:14 pm)Kuyoyo Only taken a month from first being mentioned. I start for Yodel Home Delivery at their Stockton depot on Monday at 1am on night sort. And I'm very much looking forward to doing it full time (more money then lol)

Well Done !

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Kuyoyo - 07 Nov 2015

(06 Nov 2015, 8:35 pm)citaro5284 Well Done !

Thank you

Has helped that I've worked for them the last three Christmas periods plus my gran works there and I've been top of the list for a full time job there (even if a full time contract is only 20 hours). Come January when things quieten down, it'll be 4 hours a day 5 days a week (a Monday morning is overtime regardless).

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 07 Nov 2015

Good luck!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Charles41 - 07 Nov 2015

(06 Nov 2015, 8:27 pm)Kuyoyo Not when Parcel Sorting. Considering trailer movements vary night to night especially over the peak Christmas Period, the start time varies.

Good luck with the new job. I used to work for the Royal Mail at the Team Valley APC 20 years ago. Used to love it, the shifts used to go really quick.

Charles

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 07 Nov 2015

I managed to get a Pulsar on the X12 from Middlesbrough to Newcastle

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 09 Nov 2015

Having a wonderful evening in with the boyfriend hehe.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - NK53 TKT - 09 Nov 2015

Yesterday I booked my trip to Belfast and my flight experience at Durham Tees Valley

RE: Whats made you happy today? - BusLoverMum - 09 Nov 2015

It's only taken 3 visits, and nearly went to a 4th until I told the guy that the one who had been before ordered 2 fans, this time, but my dryer is finally working again.

I've had the same part replaced before and had the same problems - a delicate, finely balanced fan, costing about £100 (it's under a warranty, so I didn't have to pay for it) packed in a cardboard box that it inly just fits in, with no padding of any sort. This time around, the first one had a wobble, the second one had a wobble and a bit broken off that would have compromised the seal and filled my washer-dryer with condensation, and two of the 3 he turned out to have in his van, today, had a wobble.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 09 Nov 2015

(09 Nov 2015, 6:37 am)NK53 TKT Yesterday I booked my trip to Belfast and my flight experience at Durham Tees Valley
Have you been before???

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 09 Nov 2015

(09 Nov 2015, 6:37 am)NK53 TKT Yesterday I booked my trip to Belfast and my flight experience at Durham Tees Valley
One of these? 
http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferries-to-ireland/rail-sail Or are you flying?
(09 Nov 2015, 2:30 pm)MrFozz Have been before???

Went most recently , for a day over the summer on a Stena Line day trip. Absolute bargain, especially with a days bus travel included.
http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferries-to-ireland/day-trips/cairnryan-belfast-belfast-daytrips-by-foot