North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 14 Nov 2015

(14 Nov 2015, 10:20 pm)citaro5284 You cannot get lost in Burradon.....its a single road  :s
You are forgetting one thing Citaro. Me and Dan aren't the cleverest going

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Simmy - 15 Nov 2015

First Bristol have reduced the price of a student day ticket from (My Linux machine only has a dollar symbol, no pounds) $3 to $2.80 Big Grin . 20P saving but better than finding out that your fare has increased as a result of 'fare reviews'.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 15 Nov 2015

(15 Nov 2015, 12:11 am)Simmy First Bristol have reduced the price of a student day ticket from (My Linux machine only has a dollar symbol, no pounds) $3 to $2.80 Big Grin . 20P saving but better than finding out that your fare has increased as a result of 'fare reviews'.

Can you not add a UK keyboard layout? 

£2.80 is very good value though.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Simmy - 15 Nov 2015

(15 Nov 2015, 12:40 am)Adrian Can you not add a UK keyboard layout? 

£2.80 is very good value though.

It is set to English-UK. A bug will be raised to the Ubuntu team in the morning. Aye, was a surprise this morning. Think I'll have a trip out to Bath tomorrow.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - citaro5284 - 15 Nov 2015

(14 Nov 2015, 10:20 pm)citaro5284 You cannot get lost in Burradon.....its a single road  :s

(14 Nov 2015, 10:26 pm)DanPicken On the Industrial Estate bit.

(14 Nov 2015, 11:22 pm)Davie You are forgetting one thing Citaro. Me and Dan aren't the cleverest going

Dan - Aye, the Industrial bit is a bit tricky
Davie - As they say, if the cap fits  Tongue

RE: Whats made you happy today? - NK53 TKT - 15 Nov 2015

(14 Nov 2015, 11:22 pm)Davie You are forgetting one thing Citaro. Me and Dan aren't the cleverest going

Was gonna say, no offence how can you get lost THERE?

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 15 Nov 2015

(15 Nov 2015, 9:07 pm)NK53 TKT Was gonna say, no offence how can you get lost THERE?
Don't ask

RE: Whats made you happy today? - DanPicken - 15 Nov 2015

(15 Nov 2015, 9:07 pm)NK53 TKT Was gonna say, no offence how can you get lost THERE?

You'd understand if you've met us.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Kuyoyo - 16 Nov 2015

For the third shift in a row, finished more-or-less on time. Shame it was on the overtime shift.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 16 Nov 2015

(14 Nov 2015, 9:14 pm)Davie I didn't think I'd post in this thread after the week I've had, however, my friends have made me happy. From my mates at college, or friends such as Lee, Bazza, Fozz or Dan P, have all cheered me up when I've had a bad time, so thank you all! Wink

Your very welcome my friend...

Thats what I am here for mate

Remember when I said last week about giving a girl mixed messages, playing hard to get and contradicting myself...

WELL...

First Date next week Big Grin

Oh...

And I am getting a new phone tomorrow...

Hope I don't do a Davie when I get it Tongue

Kidding mate hahaha

RE: Whats made you happy today? - mb134 - 16 Nov 2015

Sent my UCAS off on Thursday, got my first (hopefully not my last) offer at lunchtime!! Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 16 Nov 2015

(16 Nov 2015, 8:59 pm)mb134 Sent my UCAS off on Thursday, got my first (hopefully not my last) offer at lunchtime!! Big Grin

Wooo, Congrats Big Grin

I had to apply with UCAS for my current course at Newcastle.

(16 Nov 2015, 9:13 pm)Michael Wooo, Congrats Big Grin

I had to apply with UCAS for my current course at Newcastle.

What are you studying at Newcastle? 

Sending the UCAS application off was the scariest thing I've done in my life haha Wink

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 16 Nov 2015

(16 Nov 2015, 9:26 pm)mb134 What are you studying at Newcastle? 

Sending the UCAS application off was the scariest thing I've done in my life haha Wink

Haha it takes ages to do, my teacher had to do a reference for us to, would imagine this was the same you?, we also had to pay per application.

I'm doing my level 6 childcare.

What do u want to study?

(16 Nov 2015, 9:31 pm)Michael Haha it takes ages to do, my teacher had to do a reference for us to, would imagine this was the same you?, we also had to pay per application.

I'm doing my level 6 childcare.

What do u want to study?

Yeah, luckily I was the only student in my tutor group with all subject references ready, and ready to send the UCAS off, so my form tutor wrote it pretty much as soon as I requested it (Wednesday evening, ready for Thursday sending), 

Think I had to pay £23 to send mine off?

Ahh, is it something you've always been interested in, or? Smile

Biomedical Sciences Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 16 Nov 2015

(16 Nov 2015, 9:41 pm)mb134 Yeah, luckily I was the only student in my tutor group with all subject references ready, and ready to send the UCAS off, so my form tutor wrote it pretty much as soon as I requested it (Wednesday evening, ready for Thursday sending), 

Think I had to pay £23 to send mine off?

Ahh, is it something you've always been interested in, or? Smile

Biomedical Sciences Smile

£23?! I'm sure it was only £10 per application when I did it!

(16 Nov 2015, 9:48 pm)Adrian £23?! I'm sure it was only £10 per application when I did it!

Yeah, think it was only £11 if you applied to only one University, but if you applied to any more it was £23. (So if you applied to two, you may as well apply to five)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 17 Nov 2015

Had a cracking day out round Teesside today. Got to sample new Stagecarriage service 83 between Thornaby and Yarm then bagged Cadet 1912 on the 7 back to Stockton even if it meant waiting an extra few minutes in Yarm and I finally managed to get a ride on a Stagecoach Trident in the form of 17028 on the 13 between Middlesbrough and Stockton although that journey was ruined slightly by someone competing with Fozz's claim of empting the top deck by stinking it out! Also managed to get a few photos of things I needed, was especially happy to get some shots of Stagecoach Volvo Olympain 16836: https://flic.kr/p/AA3HqV