North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 11 Dec 2015

(11 Dec 2015, 7:14 pm)Davie Got 4906 on the 96 from the Metrocentre - Eldon Square earlier, and it flew.

Also, congratulations, MB134! Smile

ages ago when it was debranded on 27 it sounded like a cow a week later we got the now current vehicles another week later we got a visitor living with us

RE: Whats made you happy today? - DanPicken - 12 Dec 2015

(11 Dec 2015, 10:29 pm)Davie I've just found some old (ish) bus timetables in my bedroom, the oldest one dated back to 2009.

My oldest is late 90's.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 12 Dec 2015

(11 Dec 2015, 11:58 pm)Diamond One ages ago when it was debranded on 27 it sounded like a cow a week later we got the now current vehicles another week later we got a visitor living with us
I reckon it is a canny bus. You know my taste in buses...

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 12 Dec 2015

(11 Dec 2015, 10:45 pm)Michael Nice Big Grin

I had loads of timetables from the late 90's to early 2000's but i lost intrest in the hobby and threw them out... which now i'm gutted... Sad
When I was a kid, the travel shop in Durham Bus Station used to keep leaflets for me...Whenever new leaflets came out, they would put a set aside specially for me...United and Go-Ahead Northern mainly, but sometimes all it took was a Phone Call and I would sometimes be treated to Durham getting some sent up from Darlo and Bishop and fron Newcastle too Big Grin

They ended up getting hoyed out years ago

(11 Dec 2015, 10:45 pm)Michael Nice Big Grin

I had loads of timetables from the late 90's to early 2000's but i lost intrest in the hobby and threw them out... which now i'm gutted... Sad
When I was a kid, the travel shop in Durham Bus Station used to keep leaflets for me...Whenever new leaflets came out, they would put a set aside specially for me...United and Go-Ahead Northern mainly, but sometimes all it took was a Phone Call and I would sometimes be treated to Durham getting some sent up from Darlo and Bishop and fron Newcastle too Big Grin

They ended up getting hoyed out years ago

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 12 Dec 2015

One of the bus leaflets I've got for sale has just went over £10  :s

RE: Whats made you happy today? - mb134 - 12 Dec 2015

(11 Dec 2015, 7:14 pm)Davie Also, congratulations, MB134! Smile

Cheers Wink

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 12 Dec 2015

despite am at work and Xmas party i can now watch BBC One at 10:30 for 30 minutes on Tuesday plus i will have plenty of charge on iphone will probs play Criminal Case a little later on in the day and at 7:00 i can watch Tim Peake arrive at the ISS greeted by commander Scott Kelly, Mikhail Korniyenko and Sergei Volkov and its on BBC ONE i have an spp on my phone which i tested on my pc weeks ago then on my phone last week so all in all its all systems go

RE: Whats made you happy today? - mb134 - 12 Dec 2015

Had a good day out in Edinburgh with a group of friends, 

8:56 VTEC Morpeth to Edinburgh 
19:00 VTEC Edinburgh to Morpeth 

Much preferred the 225 I had on the way back to the 125 going, may be to do with the fact we were all more relaxed, but it felt smoother, and went far quicker!

We were in 1st on both trains, the menu on a weekend is nothing to shout about like, but good use was made of the WiFi, especially in Edinburgh before we pulled out.

The day itself (weary that started to get 'review' esque), was brilliant, Edinburgh at this time of the year is amazing. After looking around the markets, and making questionable purchases in other shops (£2 sale in HMV for example...), half of us walked up to the castle, and away from the main part of the city.

Was great to just get away from it all for a day, relax and enjoy,

That's what has made me happy today! Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 13 Dec 2015

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Arriva are appealing for toys etc for Cumbria...

Since the devastating floods in Cumbria that have affected so many familiesArriva are collecting items to help those in need. We want to help them recover from all of their loss and hopefully give them a better Christmas.

We are collecting;

Toys, gifts, food parcels, small home furnishings (bedding, kitchen utensilsetc), blankets, clothing, toiletries etcAnything to help them over Christmas and to restart rebuilding their homes. Many of these people will be living in hotels and community halls not being able to access their own homes for a
while. We aim to deliver the items on 23RD December

All items are being stored at

Arriva North East - Admiral Way, Doxford Int. Business Park, Sunderland, SR3 3XP

Thank You

If it has, sorry.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 13 Dec 2015

The background story to this doesn't make me happy. Far from it.

It is the fact he has managed to play and perform, after a horrible week.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35085933
It takes a strong man to do what he has done.
Massive respect to Harry Arter.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 13 Dec 2015

(13 Dec 2015, 12:53 pm)Andreos1 The background story to this doesn't make me happy. Far from it.

It is the fact he has managed to play and perform, after a horrible week.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35085933
It takes a strong man to do what he has done.
Massive respect to Harry Arter.

I second that...

He did not have to do it...I certainly would not have the strength to go out there...

What was he booked for? the ref could have shown a little compassion

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 13 Dec 2015

(13 Dec 2015, 1:00 pm)MrFozz I second that...

He did not have to do it...I certainly would not have the strength to go out there...

What was he booked for? the ref could have shown a little compassion
Not sure, but Arter doesn't look too happy about it in the photo.
He was subbed moments later too.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 13 Dec 2015

(13 Dec 2015, 1:32 pm)Andreos1 Not sure, but Arter doesn't look too happy about it in the photo.
He was subbed moments later too.

Subbing him at that point was probably best, as you say he was not amused, the logical thing to do was get him out of there.

Fair play to him for turning out, he could have certainly stayed away if he wanted to and nobody would have thought any worse of him

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 15 Dec 2015

I had a decent day (For once). I enjoyed all four bus journeys I had, all four buses were great. Also, I found out that I break up for christmas on Thursday. Just a shame I have to go in on my Birthday.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 15 Dec 2015

its been all over the news Tim Peake made a successful launch to the International Space Station he has arrived safe and am proud of this guy from Chichester in Sussex to Baikonour is an amazing achievement plus Xmas party was good alllowed to watch the launch despite my iphone kept on buffer but overall i am happy for this guy one of my favourite British astronauts

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 15 Dec 2015

Despite it being a sad time at the moment for me...

The support I have had on Facebook is simply amazing and despite not wanting it on Facebook originally my mam has found comfort in reading through it...

I knew my sister was popular, but it seems like half of Murton and East Durham knew her and her funeral next Wednesday will most likely end up being standing room only in the Chapel...

I am also in charge of her gonetoosoon page, in just over 24 hours, it has had about 1500 views and around 300 shares Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 16 Dec 2015

Finished college until next year

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 18 Dec 2015

Earned over £60 selling bus leaflets on ebay.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 18 Dec 2015

(18 Dec 2015, 1:03 am)GMitchelhill Earned over £60 selling bus leaflets on ebay.

Might make a fortune at rallies oh well I'm planning to keep some bus timetables for years to come

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 18 Dec 2015

(18 Dec 2015, 2:15 am)Diamond One I'm planning to keep some bus timetables for years to come

That's my plan too.