North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 13 Mar 2016

Got this month's bill from O2 today, so I now have mobile data again after hitting my 1GB limit yesterday.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 15 Mar 2016

Been a really successful day for photoing.

Managed to get photos of the 3 needed Tridents at Stockton, all were parked up in the depot in a photoable position. Then thanks to an acute vehicle shortage at Stockton, 5 of the 6 Tridents saw use on normal services during the day. Only one that didn't leave the depot was 17026 which was being repaired in the pits.

Also got 4 of the extra Temsa Avenues, and to top it all off the Whitby Park and Ride Gemini made an appearence on the 64A.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - mb134 - 18 Mar 2016

Vodafone finally got my new phone to me today! Big Grin Only a week after they promised me it...

Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 19 Mar 2016

Second time I've been on VTEC and the seat reserved next mine, the person hasn't turned up, result!

EDIT: me and my big mouth, someone has decided to sit next to me at Northallerton!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - idiot - 19 Mar 2016

New tyres on the bike and slime inner tubes fitted ready to cycle to Scotland on April 1st Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 19 Mar 2016

(19 Mar 2016, 2:16 pm)idiot New tyres on the bike and slime inner tubes fitted ready to cycle to Scotland on April 1st Smile
You doing that for charity?????

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 19 Mar 2016

I'm currently on 5397 & the power socket's AND WiFi both working!
#result
#miraclescanhappen

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 19 Mar 2016

(19 Mar 2016, 5:05 pm)Davie I'm currently on 5397 & the power socket's AND WiFi both working!
#result
#miraclescanhappen
It's even better when you get a bus with additional features on a route that doesn't get them features, I've been given MAX 1416 on my 5 home, woo hoo! Free WiFi!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 19 Mar 2016

(19 Mar 2016, 5:15 pm)Jimmi It's even better when you get a bus with additional features on a route that doesn't get them features, I've been given MAX 1416 on my 5 home, woo hoo! Free WiFi!
Tell me about it! I had 6067 on the X25 yesterday.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - NK53 TKT - 19 Mar 2016

(19 Mar 2016, 5:19 pm)Davie Tell me about it! I had 6067 on the X25 yesterday.
That's why I like 5389 and 5390 on the Q3, as they don't have WiFi stickers so I get the full bandwidth to myself

RE: Whats made you happy today? - idiot - 19 Mar 2016

(19 Mar 2016, 2:54 pm)MrFozz You doing that for charity?????

We were going to but just raised under £5600 in the last two months not intentionally as we weren't expecting it to be that much. With this in mind we decided against going on the 'scrounge' again.

I'm looking forward to the challenge! For those that don't know I do a lot of cycling and even turned up on my bike to whitley bay bus rally last year on it... Quicker than any bus service!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Charles41 - 23 Mar 2016

Just bought Major Bus & Coach Fleets North 2016 from ST Publications. Price is £14.00, this is a great book for enthusiasts. It gives basic fleet details of all independent operators in the North of England with 8 vehicles or over.

Well worth a look at.

Charles

RE: Whats made you happy today? - BusLoverMum - 23 Mar 2016

(23 Mar 2016, 1:47 pm)Charles41 Just bought Major Bus & Coach Fleets North 2016 from ST Publications. Price is £14.00, this is a great book for enthusiasts. It gives basic fleet details of all independent operators in the North of England with 8 vehicles or over.

Well worth a look at.

Charles

Big'un loves that sort of thing!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 25 Mar 2016

A nice trip down to the coast.
A ride on the Shields Ferry.
And coming home to find out Holiday on the Buses is on the telly.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 25 Mar 2016

(25 Mar 2016, 3:26 pm)MurdnunoC A nice trip down to the coast.
A ride on the Shields Ferry.
And coming home to find out Holiday on the Buses is on the telly.

Bet it was busy down the coast? It's been a decent day really.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 25 Mar 2016

(25 Mar 2016, 4:24 pm)Adrian Bet it was busy down the coast? It's been a decent day really.
I've heard that it's been quite busy at Saltburn today.

Wish I did something in the nice weather today instead of uploading more York photos to my Flickr, although I am off to a gig this evening. Typical the weather is due to be naff the rest of the weekend, possibility of thunder storms on Sunday which will be fun when I'm at Kirkby Stephen.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 25 Mar 2016

(25 Mar 2016, 4:24 pm)Adrian Bet it was busy down the coast? It's been a decent day really.

Yes it has been quite pleasant. A lot nicer than predicted I believe.

Tynemouth was quite busy with queues eminating from each of the fish and chips shops located along the front street. While I didn't go down to the beach, they looked busy from the top-deck of the Metro Replacement bus I was on.

The ferry was also more crammed than usual and there were a fair few people out and about in South Shields too.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 26 Mar 2016

Been a good day, enjoyed the season Premiere of My Little Pony season 6, then went to the five swans afterwards. It has been a good laugh.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - biglugs@yahoo.com - 30 Mar 2016

Had a ride on 6022 in the stanley travel fleet the only deckers i need now are R6stx/6019/6020/6024

RE: Whats made you happy today? - South Tyne Lad - 30 Mar 2016

After 9 hours of non stop bus spotting, I'm getting a Nandos Takeaway Smile