North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 25 May 2016

(25 May 2016, 9:31 pm)BusLoverMum Be nice to put it behind you.

Do you not have a viva to do?

It is, handing the hard copy in tomorrow so it gives me a chance to check through it.

Never heard of a Viva?

RE: Whats made you happy today? - BusLoverMum - 25 May 2016

(25 May 2016, 9:44 pm)Michael It is, handing the hard copy in tomorrow so it gives me a chance to check through it.

Never heard of a Viva?

Viva voce.

Fartypants Latin for presentation.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - NK53 TKT - 26 May 2016

(21 May 2016, 8:53 pm)S813 FVK
I'm guessing CAD is similar to IT (i can only relate it to Graphics where CAD means Computer Aided Design)?

My lessons in Year 7 seem to be pretty similar to yours. Using the same timescale, i had:

2x IT, 4x DT, 6x Science, 6x English, 6x Maths, 4x RE, 6x History/Geography (2:4 ratio for half the year before splitting - collectively branded 'Humanities'), 2x Music, 4x PE, 2x Art, 2x Spanish, 2x French.

Yes, it is just ICT

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Kuyoyo - 26 May 2016

After working every shift for the last week and a half (Sunday morning being my only day off), I finally get a day off tomorrow Smile Plus it's also pay day Big Grin

Whats made you happy today? - James101 - 27 May 2016

[Image: 550ee903ebeeb29d7d6d28a8742f7413.jpg]

I was working this morning in the charming Staffordshire village of Brewood. I found sunshine, blue skies and this rather smart Leyland getting a cuddle from a tree in the high street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Whats made you happy today? - South Tyne Lad - 31 May 2016

Ive ridden loads of types of buses in 13 Years, Though 2 eluded me which where the Scania L113CRL / Wright Access Ultralow and the Euro 2 Scania L94UB / Wright Access Flioline

DDA has made catching the first one in service now impossible, Though Connexions Buses are not scrapping any of their Fliolines anytime soon, There buying more! ( Second Hand of course )
Me and Jimmi caught Ex First Eastern Counties V587DVF on Service X70 to Wetherby and boy it was worth the 13 year wait, Absouloutly brilliant

With a Scania 9.4L DSC9 Engine coupled to a ZF 4HP-Ecomat with Hold Gears, This bus has a engine twice the size of a E200 or Streetlite and is not restricted in anyway!
Clocked ours doing around 67 MPH on a long straight stretch of Country Roads, With the driver engaging Hold Gears on every gear.

Can definitely say that was one of my best bus rides in years for haulage.
Solars are sluggish compared to these, I really recommend anyone ride them.

Sorry for getting carried away, I was only meant to be writing that It was the first time I caught one!

Now I'm wondering what the L113 would be like, That has a 12.4L Engine! How things have changed.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 31 May 2016

(31 May 2016, 10:19 pm)South Tyne Lad Ive ridden loads of types of buses in 13 Years, Though 2 eluded me which where the Scania L113CRL / Wright Access Ultralow and the Euro 2 Scania L94UB / Wright Access Flioline

DDA has made catching the first one in service now impossible, Though Connexions Buses are not scrapping any of their Fliolines anytime soon, There buying more! ( Second Hand of course )
Me and Jimmi caught Ex First Eastern Counties V587DVF on Service X70 to Wetherby and boy it was worth the 13 year wait, Absouloutly brilliant

With a Scania 9.4L DSC9 Engine coupled to a ZF 4HP-Ecomat with Hold Gears, This bus has a engine twice the size of a E200 or Streetlite and is not restricted in anyway!
Clocked ours doing around 67 MPH on a long straight stretch of Country Roads, With the driver engaging Hold Gears on every gear.

Sorry for getting carried away, I was only meant to be writing that It was the first time I caught one!

Now I'm wondering what the L113 would be like, That has a 12.4L Engine! How things have changed.

Is that the same type that PCL have (the old Tyne Valley coaches one)? 

Would definitely be interested in having a ride on one if they are that good as I haven't been on them

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 31 May 2016

(31 May 2016, 10:19 pm)South Tyne Lad Ive ridden loads of types of buses in 13 Years, Though 2 eluded me which where the Scania L113CRL / Wright Access Ultralow and the Euro 2 Scania L94UB / Wright Access Flioline

Yeah, our plans getting messed up seemed to work out for the better in the end, I quite enjoyed our trip on V587DVF, been wanting to ride one of them for a while and I pleased I put myself back half an hour in Harrogate allowing me (and you) to finally ride one.

Nowt much to say about the Omnicity I got back to Harrogate, got the X70 back as well rather than the 771 as the X70 was there for a while before departing, I didn't really want to risk waiting much longer for the 771.

(31 May 2016, 10:39 pm)Tom Is that the same type that PCL have (the old Tyne Valley coaches one)? 

Would definitely be interested in having a ride on one if they are that good as I haven't been on them

I'm not sure what type they have, Though I'm guessing it to be a L113.

Really recommend you ride one though, Brilliant buses they are.

(31 May 2016, 10:46 pm)Jimmi Yeah, our plans getting messed up seemed to work out for the better in the end, I quite enjoyed our trip on V587DVF, been wanting to ride one of them for a while and I pleased I put myself back half an hour in Harrogate allowing me (and you) to finally ride one.

Nowt much to say about the Omnicity I got back to Harrogate, got the X70 back as well rather than the 771 as the X70 was there for a while before departing, I didn't really want to risk waiting much longer for the 771.

It did yeah, Thinking about it now I think it was good that I missed my 22 so that I could ride it.

A 771 passed me 10 mins after leaving Wetherby heading to Harrogate, So probably arrived 15 Minuets after you left.

(31 May 2016, 10:53 pm)South Tyne Lad It did yeah, Thinking about it now I think it was good that I missed my 22 so that I could ride it.

A 771 passed me 10 mins after leaving Wetherby heading to Harrogate, So probably arrived 15 Minuets after you left.

Yeah, it probably better to give you some more variety rather than getting PK51LJX again for two hours, especially with them seats.

My 22 journey arrived 20 minutes in Harrogate late resulting in me dropping Knaresborough for time, the driver got lost and had to rely on directions from two other passengers, also the driver assisted a rather frail disabled passenger in Knaresborough, so this plus the 5 minutes late it already was resulted in the 20 odd minutes late arrival.

(31 May 2016, 11:02 pm)Jimmi Yeah, it probably better to give you some more variety rather than getting PK51LJX again for two hours, especially with them seats.

My 22 journey arrived 20 minutes in Harrogate late resulting in me dropping Knaresborough for time, the driver got lost and had to rely on directions from two other passengers, also the driver assisted a rather frail disabled passenger in Knaresborough, so this plus the 5 minutes late it already was resulted in the 20 odd minutes late arrival.

Was meant to get it to Knaresbourgh, Then get the 15:00 23 back to York a hour later, Which takes a different route.

It was probably the driver's first time doing the former 56/57 route which is why he got lost, I think only very minimal route learning took place beforehand.
He did know where he was going when I had him earlier on, Though that was all on the former 142/143 routes which he would've driven for a long time now.

(31 May 2016, 11:09 pm)South Tyne Lad Was meant to get it to Knaresbourgh, Then get the 15:00 23 back to York a hour later, Which takes a different route.

It was probably the driver's first time doing the former 56/57 route which is why he got lost, I think only very minimal route learning took place beforehand.
He did know where he was going when I had him earlier on, Though that was all on the former 142/143 routes which he would've driven for a long time now.

Apparently he had only done the new route once, he was trying to stick to the timetable but it doesn't help when you miss a turn on small country roads and have to take a detour to get back onto the route.

Whats made you happy today? - MVK 500R - 01 Jun 2016

Seeing this on a Facebook page I follow:

Ex Tyne and Wear PTE Scania Metropolitan 472 on its way to Thornton's of Ashington for corrosion assessment. Not sure what other work (if any) will be needed to make it road worthy, but it'll be great to see it in its original livery.

[Image: 94993470ef7eb566d79d649159e4b548.jpg]

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 02 Jun 2016

I had a letter through the door from Sky. As I've now been with them for basic TV for two years, they've offered me the full Sky Sports pack at £10 a month for 18 months, as well as fixing my TV price for the same period.

I'm not tied in with Sky Sports or Sky, and can still cancel either at any time.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 02 Jun 2016

(02 Jun 2016, 5:27 pm)Adrian I had a letter through the door from Sky. As I've now been with them for basic TV for two years, they've offered me the full Sky Sports pack at £10 a month for 18 months, as well as fixing my TV price for the same period.

I'm not tied in with Sky Sports or Sky, and can still cancel either at any time.

That seems like a good deal providing there's nothing in the small print stating that you are contracted to Sky for a defined period.

A friend of mine received a similar deal from Sky, assumed he was still on a rolling contract, only to find he'd inadvertently signed a twelve month deal upon agreement. Obviously I wasn't privy to the telephone call between himself and the sales agent, but he swore blind that he never entered into a new contractual agreement. Lucky for him, he decided to leave eleven months in so the penalty wasn't harsh and he didn't take it any further.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 06 Jun 2016

Managed to get photos of both of the Metrocity's at Newcastle Airport today.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 06 Jun 2016

(06 Jun 2016, 10:01 pm)GMitchelhill Managed to get photos of both of the Metrocity's at Newcastle Airport today.
Think I need to get myself there as it seems like just about everybody but me has photos of them now.

I'll be out tomorrow but not certain where I'm heading yet.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 07 Jun 2016

Hoppings is back in a week or so! Looks like a few new rides coming too.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - NK53 TKT - 07 Jun 2016

(07 Jun 2016, 6:20 pm)Tom Hoppings is back in a week or so! Looks like a few new rides coming too.

Big Grin