North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adam - 14 Aug 2014

(14 Aug 2014, 1:37 pm)marxistafozzski Far as I am concerned you should party for the rest of the month...

Theology sounds interesting to be honest, is religious study in there as well, cause one of my friends would like to maybe becoming a Pastor or something and he was saying Theology would be a qualification he would need. Also the Philosophy side of it, is that dealing with the likes of *So-crates and Plato...

All the best with Uni and all that, sure you will be fine [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

*I have been watching Bill and Ted too much Tongue

The posh title for Theology is Religious Studies, but everyone knows it as Theology.

Yeah, philosophy does deal with the big names like Plato and Aristotle and the not as famous ones such as Swinburne, Hick, Russell and Holland, plus many many more. It's very deep. It's basically thinking about thinking.

Re: RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 14 Aug 2014

(14 Aug 2014, 2:12 pm)Adam The posh title for Theology is Religious Studies, but everyone knows it as Theology.

Yeah, philosophy does deal with the big names like Plato and Aristotle and the not as famous ones such as Swinburne, Hick, Russell and Holland, plus many many more. It's very deep. It's basically thinking about thinking.

So Theology is that lesson I hated at school R.E., saying that I hated every lesson at school lol...it sounds interesting, but I bet it can be hard work, and I was never good with academic stuff

Am I right in saying Philosophy is quite paradoxical(is that even a word, lol) at times I.e. I know that I know nothing [WHITE SMILING FACE]

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Malarkey - 14 Aug 2014

Well it made me laugh
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=545322735492098

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 14 Aug 2014

(14 Aug 2014, 2:59 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Well it made me laugh
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=545322735492098

hahaha, how did he get away with it?

Edit: Just noticed its being edited haha!

(14 Aug 2014, 3:02 pm)Michael hahaha, how did he get away with it?

If you hadn't put your edit there...I would have laughed at you and called you a muppet Big Grin

Nice Fakery that...lmao

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Malarkey - 14 Aug 2014

(14 Aug 2014, 3:02 pm)Michael hahaha, how did he get away with it?

I seen it jump at the start, so I am assuming it was edited after that, otherwise I would of thought it was Legit, still funny though.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 14 Aug 2014

2 weeks today, i'll be in the lake district, nothing but tree's and lakes... not gonna bother with buses down there, gonna do walking etc.

Oh and sod my hayfever!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 14 Aug 2014

Managed to get all the way back from Blackpool without getting the return portion of my rail ticket validated, clipped, marked or anything. No one even so much as checked my tickets. It's valid until September.

Free trip out for me on the cards.

(14 Aug 2014, 10:50 pm)aureolin Managed to get all the way back from Blackpool without getting the return portion of my rail ticket validated, clipped, marked or anything. No one even so much as checked my tickets. It's valid until September.

Nice one [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Re: RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 15 Aug 2014

(14 Aug 2014, 10:50 pm)aureolin Managed to get all the way back from Blackpool without getting the return portion of my rail ticket validated, clipped, marked or anything. No one even so much as checked my tickets. It's valid until September.

Should have seen the East Coast guy on the barriers at Central Station the other morning...

Didn't check a single ticket, just let everyone go straight through!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 15 Aug 2014

Have just seen this status on my news feed...

if coming to the lake district has taught is one life lesson its that as much as a shithole sunderland is i never want to leave it, coming here and seeing 16 year olds dressed as pensioners eating teacakes and scones and bashing waterproof coats makes is feel a bit ill, think ill be relieved to be home tomorrow and just see 11 year olds with some frostys at a bus stop and a never thought ad say that in me life hahahahha

Made me smile!

This popped up on my News Feed this morning too...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1450053901921250

This actually made me chuckle. Can't believe he didn't stumble once and told it as if it were the real story.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 15 Aug 2014

Guaranteed to happen - only if I have an advance ticket.
Never happens with a return.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adam - 15 Aug 2014

(14 Aug 2014, 2:20 pm)marxistafozzski So Theology is that lesson I hated at school R.E., saying that I hated every lesson at school lol...it sounds interesting, but I bet it can be hard work, and I was never good with academic stuff

Am I right in saying Philosophy is quite paradoxical(is that even a word, lol) at times I.e. I know that I know nothing [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Sorry for the late reply Fozz. You could say parts of Philosophy are paradoxical (don't worry, it is a word haha), which does weaken arguments, hence why others try to join in and debate.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 15 Aug 2014

Lucky, last time I got on Northern Rail I was given a return ticket instead of a single to Middlesbrough.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 15 Aug 2014

First night in ages that I've gotten into bed and it's cold. Ideal. Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 15 Aug 2014

Just seen comedian Chris Ramsey do a show at Planet Leisure, Newton Aycliffe and it was brilliant, slightly bizarre as Planet Leisure is on the industrial estate and the room we were in had windows were you can see people playing bowling and a roller disco going on downstairs and Chris pulled down a disco ball from the ceiling and he managed cut himself in the process, then it got more bizarre as someone gave him a manky tissue then he asked if anyone had a plaster and the woman who gave him the tissue had several plasters with her. People on Twitter also told him to bring a stab vest, I'm thinking come on we're not Bishop Auckland

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 17 Aug 2014

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/customer-tweets-sainsbury-s-about-buying-fish-and-gets-some-hilarious-replies

Tongue

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 17 Aug 2014

(17 Aug 2014, 9:49 am)Dan http://www.theladbible.com/articles/customer-tweets-sainsbury-s-about-buying-fish-and-gets-some-hilarious-replies

Tongue

haha

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 17 Aug 2014

Just been to Rennies depot where a very helpful driver pulled their E400 out for photos for a group of us!
Also a manager showed us round the Stagecoach depot in Dunfermline, allowing us to get photos of everything including an ex Wigan Volvo B7 and their scrap Dart which was good of them, as I didn't expect to get let in there...
Heading back to the rally at Lathalmond now to see what else has turned up

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 18 Aug 2014

There's something satisfying about seeing Susanna Reid soaked through... Wink