North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 18 Apr 2017

(18 Apr 2017, 12:02 am)Jamie M Gotta pay for fuel though, it quickly becomes more expensive than taking the bus or going with someone else.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
That's something I've been thinking about recently, considering about going through driving lessons, tests and getting myself a car but it would be a great expensive for me though, would probably use a car more on longer trips and bus for shorter trips to keep costs down etc as it's more for heading further afield as an alternative to coach/train travel which I would like it for and it probably work out much the same in fuel costs and parking as train fares in some cases, still insurance to pay which is the one of the main things putting me off the idea but those road works in Darlington atm is making me want to go through with it more as the buses round my way are in a right state.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Charles41 - 18 Apr 2017

(18 Apr 2017, 8:18 am)Jimmi That's something I've been thinking about recently, considering about going through driving lessons, tests and getting myself a car but it would be a great expensive for me though, would probably use a car more on longer trips  and bus for shorter trips to keep costs down etc as it's more for heading further afield as an alternative to coach/train travel which I would like it for and it probably work out much the same in fuel costs and parking as train fares in some cases, still insurance to pay which is the one of the main things putting me off the idea but those road works in Darlington atm is making me want to go through with it more as the buses round my way are in a right state.

I passed my driving test on my first attempt this morning. Neither of my parents drove so I had little knowledge of cars or driving as I was growing up. It was only last year that I was able to save enough cash to take lessons. I was probably the most nervous pupil my instructor has had.

I intend to drive for longer trips however I will continue to use my workplace Tyne & Wear travel pass for trips within the county.

Charles

(18 Apr 2017, 9:59 am)Charles41 I passed my driving test on my first attempt this morning. Neither of my parents drove so I had little knowledge of cars or driving as I was growing up. It was only last year that I was able to save enough cash to take lessons. I was probably the most nervous pupil my instructor has had.

I intend to drive for longer trips however I will continue to use my workplace Tyne & Wear travel pass for trips within the county.

Charles

Congrats Charles.

I need to save up before I can get lessons or anything else, I'm aiming at this sort of time next year. So whilst learning to drive and passing the test is a goal I want to achieve, I have given myself the goal of living cheaply as possible to achieve that.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 18 Apr 2017

(18 Apr 2017, 11:16 am)Jimmi Congrats Charles.

I need to save up before I can get lessons or anything else, I'm aiming at this sort of time next year. So whilst learning to drive and passing the test is a goal I want to achieve, I have given myself the goal of living cheaply as possible to achieve that.

If you are after a bit extra money you should look at survey sites - I thought they were a scam at first but I got £50 from a month paid to my PayPal - gets very tedious but easy - Swagbucks is a good one - if you are interested let me know and I have link where you can a referall earning.

Haven't been doing them much as I've being revising and doing other things so have not got much off them recently but if you have a bit of spare time you should try it.

(18 Apr 2017, 12:03 pm)Tom If you are after a bit extra money you should look at survey sites - I thought they were a scam at first but I got £50 from a month paid to my PayPal - gets very tedious but easy - Swagbucks is a good one - if you are interested let me know and I have link where you can a referall earning.

Haven't been doing them much as I've being revising and doing other things so have not got much off them recently but if you have a bit of spare time you should try it.

I have heard about these survey sites and I knew that you can get money off them. Not sure whether to do these or not yet but I will have a think about it, I'll drop you a PM if I decide to do them.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - citaro5284 - 18 Apr 2017

(18 Apr 2017, 9:59 am)Charles41 I passed my driving test on my first attempt this morning. Neither of my parents drove so I had little knowledge of cars or driving as I was growing up. It was only last year that I was able to save enough cash to take lessons. I was probably the most nervous pupil my instructor has had.

Charles

Congratulations, it was the best thing I ever did and have not looked back since - no pun intended  Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jamie M - 18 Apr 2017

(18 Apr 2017, 2:58 pm)citaro5284 Congratulations, it was the best thing I ever did and have not looked back since - no pun intended  Big Grin
Ditto, its the insurance that really kills thiugh. Fuel is just a minor distraction.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 18 Apr 2017

(18 Apr 2017, 3:10 pm)Jamie M Ditto, its the insurance that really kills thiugh. Fuel is just a minor distraction.

It depends really. If you're a young driver then, yes, insurance can be excessive however it does reduce over time.

I pay around the £280 mark for my insurance, between that and he cost of fuel, I probably find forking out for fuel more of an inconvenience.

(18 Apr 2017, 3:45 pm)MurdnunoC It depends really. If you're a young driver then, yes, insurance can be excessive however it does reduce over time.

I pay around the £280 mark for my insurance, between that and he cost of fuel, I probably find forking out for fuel more of an inconvenience.
A quick quote shows the same for anyone up to around 27 who's just passed. Point taken, though.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 18 Apr 2017

(18 Apr 2017, 3:45 pm)MurdnunoC It depends really. If you're a young driver then, yes, insurance can be excessive however it does reduce over time.

I pay similar for mine. Granted I have been driving just short of 20 years like.

My first quote was circa £700 pa. No idea what that would equate to with inflation.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 18 Apr 2017

(18 Apr 2017, 5:11 pm)Andreos1 I pay similar for mine. Granted I have been driving just short of 20 years like.

My first quote was circa £700 pa. No idea what that would equate to with inflation.

Most of my friends paid £1500 - £2000 for their insurance, as young drivers.

(18 Apr 2017, 5:15 pm)Dan Most of my friends paid £1500 - £2000 for their insurance, as young drivers.
I was first offered around the £5000 mark, which I declined in rather ruder terms than appropriate here. It's absolute madness.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - South Tyne Lad - 18 Apr 2017

(18 Apr 2017, 5:43 pm)Jamie M I was first offered around the £5000 mark, which I declined in rather ruder terms than appropriate here. It's absolute madness.

There's all them Black Box options now, Where they monitor your driving and its supposed to lower your insurance?

I don't like the idea of it personally, Its like having a personal GreenRoad on your dash.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 19 Apr 2017

(18 Apr 2017, 8:47 pm)South Tyne Lad There's all them Black Box options now, Where they monitor your driving and its supposed to lower your insurance?

I don't like the idea of it personally, Its like having a personal GreenRoad on your dash.

It reduced my insurance from £4000 to £2000 in the first year.

I had it removed for my second year and think it cost £1800 for the year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 19 Apr 2017

(19 Apr 2017, 4:41 am)Dan It reduced my insurance from £4000 to £2000 in the first year.

I had it removed for my second year and think it cost £1800 for the year.

Having a black box actually increases my insurance premium for some reason. The cheapest quote I've seen for a telematics device is around £400.

Whats made you happy today? - TEN 6083 - 19 Apr 2017

New camera has been delivered this morning

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jamie M - 19 Apr 2017

(19 Apr 2017, 10:00 am)TEN 6083 New camera has been delivered this morning

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
Bridged or dslr?

RE: Whats made you happy today? - EL1TE - 21 Apr 2017

It's nice weather today.. the annoying thing is I was meant to be meeting with a mate to get some photos. I'm just going to get some alone then Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jamie M - 21 Apr 2017

(21 Apr 2017, 8:46 am)EL1TE It's nice weather today.. the annoying thing is I was meant to be meeting with a mate to get some photos. I'm just going to get some alone then Big Grin
Nice day? All I see out is strong wind, dark clouds and the occasional break with the former.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 21 Apr 2017

(21 Apr 2017, 9:49 am)Jamie M Nice day? All I see out is strong wind, dark clouds and the occasional break with the former.

Nice enough from where I'm sitting![Image: beef936defa2adbc642524a0fc6a75fa.jpg]