North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 11 Nov 2014

(11 Nov 2014, 1:28 pm)Adam The brief thing said it was only meant to be 2,000, but that's excluding all tables (of which a large chunk of the assignment was in), references, bibliographies, appendices, contents pages, fancy front covers and so on. My official word count that was declared on the front page was 2,138 (we are allowed +10% of word limit, so effectively it's 2,200). The example we were shown was 45 pages long, but our lecturer did say that was too much.

I'll share a sneaky tip when it comes to table and graphs.

When importing from Excel into Word they become part of the word count. This can have implications if a word-count is specified and the assignment has to be submitted in both electronic and hard copy. To get around this, I exported all my tables and graphs as images then pasted from file back into Word. As images are not 'words', this circumvents any word-count problems. Be warned, there are some professors/lecturers who'll mark you down for exceeding the word count. 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adam - 11 Nov 2014

(11 Nov 2014, 1:38 pm)AdamY I'll share a sneaky tip when it comes to table and graphs.

When importing from Excel into Word they become part of the word count. This can have implications if a word-count is specified and the assignment has to be submitted in both electronic and hard copy. To get around this, I exported all my tables and graphs as images then pasted from file back into Word. As images are not 'words', this circumvents any word-count problems. Be warned, there are some professors/lecturers who'll mark you down for exceeding the word count. 

Sneaky way indeed haha. Certainly some things to bare in mind for the future. Thank you Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 11 Nov 2014

When i was at college earlier, we were ask to go to entrance for the 2 minutes silence for 11/11/11, loads of people joined, they had students speaking parts from the bible (not for myself) but any how it was good, we lay a poppy reef, from the college and a war veteran lay one to.

Glad it happened, was good to see everyone in college together.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 11 Nov 2014

Just had a brilliant evening out at a gig in Middlesbrough tonight.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 11 Nov 2014

(11 Nov 2014, 11:20 pm)Jimmi Just had a brilliant evening out at a gig in Middlesbrough tonight.

Am I seeing straight? Jimmi posting in the "What's made you happy today?" thread?
Christ - that gig must have been good!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 11 Nov 2014

Am I seeing straight? Jimmi posting in the "What's made you happy today?" thread?

Christ - that gig must have been good!
Yes, you are seeing this correctly and it was a good night.

Shall I keep the good posts coming.

I've also just looked at my Flickr and I have 8 favourites on my photo of 7461 on the 7 this afternoon - thanks for the favourites everyone.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 12 Nov 2014

I am feeling quite positive today which is something I haven't felt in quite some time.

I am starting a voluntary placement this afternoon and I'm quite looking forward to see what will unfold over the next twelve months.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 12 Nov 2014

What sort of voluntary work are you doing? Or is it all hush hush.

Mind, make sure you change your mood on here, to reflect your new found positivity.
#NEBlaw
#hashtagsonNEB

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 12 Nov 2014

(12 Nov 2014, 9:38 am)Andreos1 What sort of voluntary work are you doing? Or is it all hush hush.

Mind, make sure you change your mood on here, to reflect your new found positivity.
#NEBlaw
#hashtagsonNEB

I can remain positively apathetic for at least another three hours yet. 

I don't mind telling people what I do, or where I work, so it's not hush hush so to speak. However, I do not wish to reveal the organisations I work/volunteer for on a public forum.  

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 12 Nov 2014

I may finally have a idea what i want to do for my 3rd year at uni - if i get in of course....

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 13 Nov 2014

Receiving two complimentary Steven Knight Media Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire fleet handbooks through the post, with a nice £20 cheque to complement them.
That can go towards the T in the Park savings! Wink 

Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 13 Nov 2014

(13 Nov 2014, 4:33 pm)Dan Receiving two complimentary Steven Knight Media Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire fleet handbooks through the post, with a nice £20 cheque to complement them.
That can go towards the T in the Park savings! Wink 

Ooh sounds nice! Smile

Can you buy them online, out of interest?

Anyway, I'm happy because it's 3 hours till Battle Day in my clan on Clash of Clans!

And it's non-uniform tomorrow for Children in Need!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 13 Nov 2014

(13 Nov 2014, 4:34 pm)Marcus Ooh sounds nice! Smile

Can you buy them online, out of interest?

Anyway, I'm happy because it's 3 hours till Battle Day in my clan on Clash of Clans!

Not sure...
The North East one is due for publication in January 2015 and some of my photos will feature in that too.

See website below:
http://www.stevenknightmedia.com/publications-and-collectables.html

(13 Nov 2014, 4:37 pm)Dan Not sure...
The North East one is due for publication in January 2015 and some of my photos will feature in that too.

See website below:
http://www.stevenknightmedia.com/publications-and-collectables.html

Yeah just checked that! - God there's quite a lot of useful stuff available on there!

I like the look of that Cumbria & North Lancashire one like, and that EYMS one!

#santaclausiscomingtotown
#hashtagsonNEB

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 14 Nov 2014

Getting discharged from hospital a short while back.

What seemed to be a funny turn on a GNE bus yesterday afternoon (my cover would have well and truly blown if I got the driver to call an ambulance), ended up with me being checked for bleeding on the brain and meningitis.

After tests, scans, more tests, more scans and a lumbar puncture - I got the all clear and came home earlier on!
Bruised, scratched, sore, achey - but alive and well!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 14 Nov 2014

(14 Nov 2014, 2:38 pm)Andreos1 Getting discharged from hospital a short while back.

What seemed to be a funny turn on a GNE bus yesterday afternoon (my cover would have well and truly blown if I got the driver to call an ambulance), ended up with me being checked for bleeding on the brain and meningitis.

After tests, scans, more tests, more scans and a lumbar puncture - I got the all clear and came home earlier on!

Glad your all right! Smile
Bleeding on the brain is quite serious, a family member died as a result of bleeding on the brain. 

Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 14 Nov 2014

(14 Nov 2014, 2:38 pm)Andreos1 Getting discharged from hospital a short while back.

Glad your alright Andreos!

Re: RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 14 Nov 2014

Pleased to hear your ok mate Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 14 Nov 2014

The morphine was good!

Had no idea what was up at the time, I just had a funny turn.
The docs were worried, especially when the only thing taking away the pain was the morphine.
It was only when they started voicing their concerns that the realisation kicked in.