North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 09 May 2014

I'm staying in Edinburgh

Day 1 - Drive up through Kielder, Hawick and Peebles towards Carstairs and visit various bus depots of independent operators in Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire and Clackmannanshire. Also photographing at the bus stations at Stirling and Falkirk.

Day 2 - The Eagles Triumph bus tour ran by Chris Martin (same guy who organised the one in Durham the day before Teesside Running day with Jeff.

Day 3 - Lathalmond Running Day 2014

Day 4 - Visit Glasgow area

Day 5 - Stagecoach Fife Day Ticket (break from the car)

Day 6 - Edinburgh then head home on the night time.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 09 May 2014

(09 May 2014, 6:41 pm)GMitchelhill I'm staying in Edinburgh

Day 1 - Drive up through Kielder, Hawick and Peebles towards Carstairs and visit various bus depots of independent operators in Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire and Clackmannanshire. Also photographing at the bus stations at Stirling and Falkirk.

Day 2 - The Eagles Triumph bus tour ran by Chris Martin (same guy who organised the one in Durham the day before Teesside Running day with Jeff.

Day 3 - Lathalmond Running Day 2014

Day 4 - Visit Glasgow area

Day 5 - Stagecoach Fife Day Ticket (break from the car)

Day 6 - Edinburgh then head home on the night time.

I recommend First's Streetlites if you get the chance. They're really smart, and believe they have the same eLeather seating that Arriva Max will have?

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 10 May 2014

Feeling confident for an exam.

Been doing some GCSE Biology revision for Module 2 today (as well as Maths, English and French revision too) and I've been watching these videos whilst printing off the PDFs and making notes. I've actually been able to finish the guy's sentences with the key stuff required for the exams (as proven by the past papers I've done in recent weeks).

One I'm up to now: http://www.my-gcsescience.com/videos/proteins-and-enzymes/

Perhaps I'll not be so confident come Tuesday, but at least for now it's better than how I'm feeling for Monday's exam (French)...

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 10 May 2014

(10 May 2014, 6:10 pm)Dan Feeling confident for an exam.

Been doing some GCSE Biology revision for Module 2 today (as well as Maths, English and French revision too) and I've been watching these videos whilst printing off the PDFs and making notes. I've actually been able to finish the guy's sentences with the key stuff required for the exams (as proven by the past papers I've done in recent weeks).

One I'm up to now: http://www.my-gcsescience.com/videos/proteins-and-enzymes/

Perhaps I'll not be so confident come Tuesday, but at least for now it's better than how I'm feeling for Monday's exam (French)...

Good luck Smile

Re: RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 10 May 2014

(10 May 2014, 6:38 pm)Michael Good luck Smile

Thanks! I'll certainly need it...

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 10 May 2014

(10 May 2014, 6:43 pm)Dan Thanks! I'll certainly need it...

U wont Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adam - 14 May 2014

One of my business exams next month is all about Greggs so my teacher has arranged for my class to visit the Greggs production factory on Friday and we're all getting quite a lot of free Greggs food apparently.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 14 May 2014

(14 May 2014, 6:28 pm)Adam One of my business exams next month is all about Greggs so my teacher has arranged for my class to visit the Greggs production factory on Friday and we're all getting quite a lot of free Greggs food apparently.

Haha sorry but that's quite funny

least u getting freebies =D

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 14 May 2014

(14 May 2014, 6:28 pm)Adam One of my business exams next month is all about Greggs so my teacher has arranged for my class to visit the Greggs production factory on Friday and we're all getting quite a lot of free Greggs food apparently.

Can I tag along? 8)
You seemingly get to go on loads of fun Business trips!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adam - 14 May 2014

(14 May 2014, 6:29 pm)Michael Haha sorry but that's quite funny

least u getting freebies =D

Mini incentive for us to go, I suppose Tongue

(14 May 2014, 6:32 pm)Dan Can I tag along? 8)
You seemingly get to go on loads of fun Business trips!

haha, if you're at Gosforth at 9am on Friday then I might be able to sneak you in.

Yeah, the trips we've been on have sort of been accidental in a way. We went to Edinburgh and Go North East as a consequence of coming 2nd in a competition (sorry to brag, but I was Project Manager), winning my school £1,000 (smug smile developing), so the Business Department literally said here's £500, organise a trip for yourselves, so we did and took a couple of the teachers with us. GNE then offered us a tour of Sunderland Road depot and Gateshead Interchange, and I've already explained about the Greggs trip Smile

I can guarantee you the current Year 12s won't get to go on trips like that Tongue

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adam - 17 May 2014

Should have posted this yesterday but never mind.

Anyway, my tutor threw a mini party for us yesterday because it was the last Friday afternoon we'll have with her before we leave school forever and ever and ever and ever (we leave next Friday lunchtime). She ordered everyone a Domino's pizza each, brought in 8 bottles of non-alcoholic drink, gave all of us a card with a personal message and a bag of goodies each. It was really lovely of her.

Re: RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 17 May 2014

(17 May 2014, 7:54 pm)Adam Should have posted this yesterday but never mind.

Anyway, my tutor threw a mini party for us yesterday because it was the last Friday afternoon we'll have with her before we leave school forever and ever and ever and ever (we leave next Friday lunchtime). She ordered everyone a Domino's pizza each, brought in 8 bottles of non-alcoholic drink, gave all of us a card with a personal message and a bag of goodies each. It was really lovely of her.

I used to have a teacher like that, she used to take a group of us bowling or to Laser Quest every once in a while, the kind of teacher, despite the trouble I would cause, cared for me, I remember when I was young I tried to take my own life and was fighting for my life in ICU, when I went back to school, after I got lectured, embraced me with tears in her eyes, she made sure I completed my last year without a permanant exclusion... Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 17 May 2014

(17 May 2014, 7:54 pm)Adam Should have posted this yesterday but never mind.

We once managed to persuade our form tutor to take to McDonalds after competing in a botcha tournament.

Must point out botcha is boring as hell.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 17 May 2014

One thing made me laugh today...

My mate who is a muslim said to me...

Mate: Chunk*, you should convert to Islam
Me: Why
Mate: You can have up to 4 wives

My other chipped in with "Just remember, thats 4x more nagging

*Chunk was my teenage nickname [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Re: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 18 May 2014

Handful of us on the bus earlier going from Gateshead towards Sheriff Hill bank. Group of young lasses trying to be funny pressing the bell over and over for their stop. As no one was waiting at their intended stop at the top of the bank, the driver continued on to the bottom, and claimed the bell must not be working. Big Grin

Nice walk back up the bank in this heat!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 21 May 2014

My Ingeus advisor telling me an application I just filled out was superb 'especially for someone who has no cofidence in filling them out normally'...

Here is hoping something comes my way soon [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adam - 23 May 2014

Off to party for leavers shortly. It's also quite sad at the same time knowing it may be the last time I see some of my friends Sad

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 24 May 2014

At Uni in my unit 14, which is all Numeracy, i got a merit, for the essay and the activities part of the assignment.

Always struggled with Numeracy! =D

RE: Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 24 May 2014

The rumor that a McDonalds is meant to be going in where the Arcade is at the bottom of Chester (next to B&Ms) Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 24 May 2014

(24 May 2014, 1:19 pm)Marcus The rumor that a McDonalds is meant to be going in where the Arcade is at the bottom of Chester (next to B&Ms) Big Grin

Great. More zero hour contracts, poor working conditions, and crap food. Just what the region needs.