North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 13 Jan 2015

We had very little where I am (Durham), and it didn't set.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 13 Jan 2015

The thought of snow makes me want to do a Jimmi...

Have a moan...not a piss lol

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Malarkey - 14 Jan 2015

Reading this - http://www.theladbible.com/articles/two-teenagers-had-a-full-blown-argument-over-chicken-nuggets

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 14 Jan 2015

Getting to go and play in the snow this morning Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 14 Jan 2015

Listening to 'On the Hour' on BBC R4 Extra.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Diamond One - 14 Jan 2015

No more Jose Altidore for Sunderland and Sunderland signing a brilliant player Jermaine Defoe and it all happned all on my friends birthday she has a nice present

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tommy1581 - 15 Jan 2015

Get in!

Order dispatched: EFE 24813 Mercedes 709 Reeve Burgess Minibus - Northumbria
Hi - Your order has been marked as dispatched and is on its way to - .

Estimated delivery : Tue. 27 Jan. - Thu. 12 Feb.
Delivery service : Economy Delivery from outside UK
Item # : 140743099717
Transaction ID : -
View Order Details

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 15 Jan 2015

(14 Jan 2015, 11:51 pm)Racer_Experience No more Jose Altidore for Sunderland and Sunderland signing a brilliant player Jermaine Defoe and it all happned all on my friends birthday she has a nice present
Has Dozy definately gone then Bazza???

What's made me happy today - that QCS won't touch Ashington whatsoever.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 15 Jan 2015

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy...

Disappointed in you. It ain't all about 'battleship grey' buses you know.
When you look into QCS, the failures of privatisation, the money being milked from taxpayers by multinational plc's, millions being siphoned away into shareholders accounts, rather than being reinvested into the system - you will realise QCS is the only way the bus network can use to survive into the future.

(15 Jan 2015, 7:51 pm)Andreos1 Tommy, Tommy, Tommy...

When you look into QCS, the failures of privatisation, the money being milked from taxpayers by multinational plc's, millions being siphoned away into shareholders accounts, rather than being reinvested into the system - you will realise QCS is the only way the bus network can use to survive into the future.

I'm in support of QCS now... but not in Northumberland and Durham (probably because its not happening here) it will be interesting to see dull grey buses prancing about Fencehouses and Sunderland.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 15 Jan 2015

(15 Jan 2015, 7:54 pm)Andreos1 Tommy, Tommy, Tommy...

Fencehouses for him. Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 15 Jan 2015

Lumley 6th pit Gulag more like.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 15 Jan 2015

(15 Jan 2015, 7:59 pm)Tommy1581 I'm in support of QCS now... but not in Northumberland and Durham (probably because its not happening here) it will be interesting to see dull grey buses prancing about Fencehouses and Sunderland.
If it is successful, I bet Durham and Northumberland end up going down the QCS route, infact I would not be surprised if public transport in the whole area is merged into one somewhere down the line
(15 Jan 2015, 8:44 pm)Andreos1 Lumley 6th pit Gulag more like.
Is that one of the not very well kept secret places the FPF send dissenters to be re-educated Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 15 Jan 2015

(15 Jan 2015, 7:59 pm)Tommy1581 I'm in support of QCS now... but not in Northumberland and Durham (probably because its not happening here) it will be interesting to see dull grey buses prancing about Fencehouses and Sunderland.

I'm afraid to say, chances are, it will happen in Northumberland and Durham as the Combined Authority are keen on the idea. Most Labour-led councils will back the proposals - even the Conservative MP (Hexham), Guy Opperman, is broadly in favour of the scheme. 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 15 Jan 2015

(15 Jan 2015, 8:55 pm)MurdnunoC I'm afraid to say, chances are, it will happen in Northumberland and Durham as the Combined Authority are keen on the idea. Most Labour-led councils will back the proposals - even the Conservative MP (Hexham), Guy Opperman, is broadly in favour of the scheme. 

Nail on the head. Even the Tories are now pushing everyone onto the regional devolution bandwagon, so it's inevitable as far as I'm concerned, that buses across the country will in the not so distant future be regulated. Whether that be under QCS rules, or new legislation as part of regional devolution. Tories seem to favour the sort of PPP model that QCS offers, and slots in nicely with their SME model that they expect large enterprises to adopt. Hence QCS offering the opportunity for several independents to place a consortium bid. 

This isn't my pro-QCS stance talking, but simply looking at the reality of the political situation. 

Looking at the North East specifically. Do people honestly think that the likes of NECA chair, Simon Henig, aren't going to look at a Tyne and Wear implementation of QCS, and think that they'd like a bit of this for their own councils? I read that Durham have had to make even more bus service cuts than Northumberland, with about 29% slashed off their budget.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 15 Jan 2015

(15 Jan 2015, 8:55 pm)MurdnunoC I'm afraid to say, chances are, it will happen in Northumberland and Durham as the Combined Authority are keen on the idea. Most Labour-led councils will back the proposals - even the Conservative MP (Hexham), Guy Opperman, is broadly in favour of the scheme. 

Nail on the head. Even the Tories are now pushing everyone onto the regional devolution bandwagon, so it's inevitable as far as I'm concerned, that buses across the country will in the not so distant future be regulated. Whether that be under QCS rules, or new legislation as part of regional devolution. Tories seem to favour the sort of PPP model that QCS offers, and slots in nicely with their SME model that they expect large enterprises to adopt. Hence QCS offering the opportunity for several independents to place a consortium bid. 

This isn't my pro-QCS stance talking, but simply looking at the reality of the political situation. 

Looking at the North East specifically. Do people honestly think that the likes of NECA chair, Simon Henig, aren't going to look at a Tyne and Wear implementation of QCS, and think that they'd like a bit of this for their own councils? I read that Durham have had to make even more bus service cuts than Northumberland, with about 29% slashed off their budget.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 16 Jan 2015

Its Friday!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooo

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 16 Jan 2015

(16 Jan 2015, 8:27 am)Michael Its Friday!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooo
In 3 days you'll post

It's Monday!!!!!!

Boooooooooo

In the opposite thread to this Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 16 Jan 2015

(16 Jan 2015, 12:32 pm)MrFozz In 3 days you'll post

It's Monday!!!!!!

Boooooooooo

In the opposite thread to this Big Grin

Well, if nothing else, at least he's consistent.

I value consistency.