North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 31 Jan 2015

(31 Jan 2015, 9:00 am)tyresmoke Big game day today as Darlington travel to Salford City for top of the table clash Smile 
Even managed to get a lieu day so I can have the day off to go!
Whats the league table look like atm mate...Not followed a great deal this season for personal reasons...Are we in the driving seat with 4/5 games in hand?????

Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 31 Jan 2015

Got 22344 on the 22 all the way from Wallsend Interchange to Newcastle Market Street. Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 31 Jan 2015

The chances of bumping into one of your favourite teachers in Park Lane (forgot he was a Sunderland supporter and lived there haha) is so slim...but it somehow made my day!

Mr Groark: Hi Marcus, what you doin' over in Sunderland?
Me: Oh, you know, just on one of my little days out...
Mr Groark: Ah right, I've just been to the match with my brother!
Me: Oh very nice, what are you doing in Park Lane?
Mr Groark: Just getting the Metro back to St. Peters! See you on Monday, Marcus!
Me: See ya!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 31 Jan 2015

(31 Jan 2015, 5:09 pm)MarcTheA4 The chances of bumping into one of your favourite teachers in Park Lane (forgot he was a Sunderland supporter and lived there haha) is so slim...but it somehow made my day!

Mr Groark: Hi Marcus, what you doin' over in Sunderland?
Me: Oh, you know, just on one of my little days out...
Mr Groark: Ah right, I've just been to the match with my brother!
Me: Oh very nice, what are you doing in Park Lane?
Mr Groark: Just getting the Metro back to St. Peters! See you on Monday, Marcus!
Me: See ya!
What is his first name?

Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 31 Jan 2015

(31 Jan 2015, 5:24 pm)Andreos1 What is his first name?

Adam. He teaches English.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 31 Jan 2015

(31 Jan 2015, 4:20 pm)MarcTheA4 Got 22344 on the 22 all the way from Wallsend Interchange to Newcastle Market Street. Smile

Lovely bus, they are normally pretty warm too. Better than a E400 anyway. 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 31 Jan 2015

(31 Jan 2015, 5:24 pm)Andreos1 What is his first name?
Mr

When I was a kid, I once asked a teacher there first name, and that above was what he told me...Took me a while to figure out that all my male school teachers did not have the same first name...Must have only been about 5 or 6 at the time

Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 31 Jan 2015

Who says the world is a bad place...

After the old disabled man was mugged om Gateshead, a young lady set up a collection for him aiming to raise 500 quid...

In a few days, she has managed to raise over £160k for Alan Barnes...

http://www.gofundme.com/l0dt9o

Kind of lost for words at peoples kindness, makes ya wanna cry...

God bless her

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 31 Jan 2015

Because of the country we are, he'll have he'll be sanctioned by the DWP now!

Fantastic effort by everybody though.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 31 Jan 2015

(31 Jan 2015, 7:36 pm)aureolin Because of the country we are, he'll have he'll be sanctioned by the DWP now!

Fantastic effort by everybody though.
Unfortunately, you are probably right.

However, it appears Fozz could be older than he is letting on and could be a ringer for this football team he is putting together...

Bottom right hand corner...
.jpg
Twitterce15a3e.jpg
Size 394.8 KB / Downloads 26

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 31 Jan 2015

(31 Jan 2015, 9:02 am)MrFozz Whats the league table look like atm mate...Not followed a great deal this season for personal reasons...Are we in the driving seat with 4/5 games in hand?????

Yeah poor performance today in more ways than one. 6 points behind Salford, 5 games in hand. Northwich and Spennymoor in the mix too

RE: Whats made you happy today? - LeeCalder - 31 Jan 2015

Today has been a weird day, me and David were planning on going to York or Carlisle. We got the 28 to Gateshead before realising it would probably be best to stay in the north east. We got the X1 to Washington and then the 8 to Sunderland. Just as we got to Sunderland I got a message from my freind Victoria, she said she had to 2 spare car seats for the Southport v Gateshead game. So in the end we ended up in Southport! Gateshead won 1-0

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 01 Feb 2015

Jason Manford on facebook, some of the posts he makes, here's one he made earlier:

Is there anything more infuriating than teaching your children to read?! I have the utmost respect for primary teachers & couldn't even think about teaching all those 'other people's kids' to read!
I love my daughter to bits but if she gets the word 'painted' wrong one more time she's going through the f***ing window!

I feel the pain!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - omnicity4659 - 01 Feb 2015

Currently awaiting 1758 to take me to McDonalds (near-ish), hoping for a new Sapphire on the way home...

Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 01 Feb 2015

Just seen on 60 seconds that the woman who set up that fund for Alan Barnes has finally met him and he thanked her. Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 02 Feb 2015

(01 Feb 2015, 10:02 pm)MarcTheA4 Just seen on 60 seconds that the woman who set up that fund for Alan Barnes has finally met him and he thanked her. Smile
What was the final score for that collection, I heard yesterday at some point it topped 200k

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 02 Feb 2015

(02 Feb 2015, 2:54 am)MrFozz What was the final score for that collection, I heard yesterday at some point it topped 200k
£277,886 raised by 21283 donors in 4 days

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 02 Feb 2015

The 'Is Durham a shithole?' debate has made me smile today.

In my opinion, no, it isn't a shithole.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 02 Feb 2015

(02 Feb 2015, 11:07 am)Andreos1 The 'Is Durham a shithole?' debate has made me smile today.

In my opinion, no, it isn't a shithole.
Lovely place, so it is

RE: Whats made you happy today? - LeeCalder - 02 Feb 2015

I agree with you, it's not a shithole. It's a beautiful place with great people But unfortunately I cant go whilst I'm with Davie because he Has somthing against the place  He'll go to Sunderland and he said that's a shithole haha