North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 16 Feb 2015

Was humoured by this: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=324667434410793

Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 16 Feb 2015

(16 Feb 2015, 5:59 pm)Dan Was humoured by this: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=324667434410793

'Ha'way man it's not a book!'

RE: Whats made you happy today? - S813 FVK - 16 Feb 2015

(16 Feb 2015, 5:59 pm)Dan Was humoured by this: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=324667434410793

Demonstration of what goes on in Chester-le-Street at night. Ah the youths of today...

(16 Feb 2015, 6:13 pm)Robert Demonstration of what goes on in Chester-le-Street at night. Ah the youths of today...

You barstard!!! Tongue Wink

Funny how we were just talking about 'not triggering the bomb'....

(16 Feb 2015, 6:15 pm)MarcTheA4 You barstard!!! Tongue Wink

Funny how we were just talking about 'not triggering the bomb'....

Wanna pizza me?

Not as good as others but its the best i could do Tongue 

(16 Feb 2015, 6:18 pm)Robert Wanna pizza me?

Not as good as others but its the best i could do Tongue 

I think Mr. Stephenson here may be on par with Mr. 5284 in terms of being the forum comedian...maybe we should have a face-off...Wink

(16 Feb 2015, 6:19 pm)MarcTheA4 I think Mr. Stephenson here may be on par with Mr. 5284 in terms of being the forum comedian...maybe we should have a face-off...Wink

You're a good comedian too. Your face tells a lot of jokes Big Grin

I'm getting too good now like. 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - omnicity4659 - 16 Feb 2015

What was the video about, can't go on YouTube without using loads of data. Wink

If it is in Chester-le-Street at night, I'd dread to see what Stanley looks like at night! Tongue *

* Happy now, Marcus? Tongue

(16 Feb 2015, 6:33 pm)Tommy_1581 What was the video about, can't go on YouTube without using loads of data. Wink

If it is in Chester-le-Street at night, I'd dread to see what Stanley looks like at night! Tongue *

yeah

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 16 Feb 2015

(16 Feb 2015, 6:33 pm)Tommy_1581 What was the video about, can't go on YouTube without using loads of data. Wink

I dread to see what Ashington looks like then...

I will set up the RSPCS (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Stanley)  if this abuse carries on!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 16 Feb 2015

That video is hilarious..

Chicken Kiev XD

I do admit, Ashington is a sh*thole at night, (and during the day).

Druggies are vandalising every house, and in the summer holidays last year, an actual arson attack to my next door neighbour's outhouse.

If something major happens in the street, like a murder or a arson against a house, we'll be moving elsewhere. Possibly Morpeth or Bedlington.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 16 Feb 2015

Bedlington is not much better

(16 Feb 2015, 6:47 pm)Tom Bedlington is not much better

Everywhere in Ashington is just a sh*thole, local mindless youths just f**king everything up.

Bedlington was a last resort, might be nice living in Morpeth, with buses to Newcastle every 15 minutes compared to Arriva's ever-reducing service on Milburn Road of routes 1 & X21.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 17 Feb 2015

(16 Feb 2015, 10:56 am)MarcTheA4 Have a good time. Smile

(16 Feb 2015, 10:57 am)MrFozz Enjoy it mate

Cheers. Plan on getting a Wayfarer today, maybe I'll go up to Buxton for the day as well as The Museum of Transport.

I last stayed in Manchester at the beginning of last year and there are some noticeable changes bus-wise. I'm staying in the same hotel near Rusholme/Fallowfield - just off the Wilmslow Rd corridor. I think it may have been the last weekend of Finglands that last time I was down before First acquired their routes South of Manchester. First have made some amendments to services 41 and 42, and both now operating cross-city to Eccles and North Manchester General Hospital respectively. Stagecoach have seemingly added an additional 'Magic Bus' service (141) between Didsbury (can't remember which one) and Hulme; Magic Buses have also received newer, presumably cascaded vehicles as well as updated branding on some vehicles. 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 17 Feb 2015

(17 Feb 2015, 7:52 am)MurdnunoC Cheers. Plan on getting a Wayfarer today, maybe I'll go up to Buxton for the day as well as The Museum of Transport.

I last stayed in Manchester at the beginning of last year and there are some noticeable changes bus-wise. I'm staying in the same hotel near Rusholme/Fallowfield - just off the Wilmslow Rd corridor. I think it may have been the last weekend of Finglands that last time I was down before First acquired their routes South of Manchester. First have made some amendments to services 41 and 42, and both now operating cross-city to Eccles and North Manchester General Hospital respectively. Stagecoach have seemingly added an additional 'Magic Bus' service (141) between Didsbury (can't remember which one) and Hulme; Magic Buses have also received newer, presumably cascaded vehicles as well as updated branding on some vehicles. 

Worth getting out and about on a Wayfarer! Buxton, Bakewell, Matlock in the peaks are all well worth a visit!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 17 Feb 2015

(17 Feb 2015, 8:48 am)tyresmoke Worth getting out and about on a Wayfarer! Buxton, Bakewell, Matlock in the peaks are all well worth a visit!

It also entitles free entry into Manchester's Museum of Transport.

I got one last year. At £12 it's slightly pricer than the Explorer equivalent, but includes rail travel within the Greater Manchester area and beyond. 

I'm also toying with the idea of buying both a Wayfarer and a Merseytravel Saveaway. Both are valid at either Earlstown or Newton-on-the-Willows stations (can't remember which - perhaps both). For around £17, I can more or less venture across most of the North West - by train and bus.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - mb134 - 17 Feb 2015

(16 Feb 2015, 6:47 pm)Tom Bedlington is not much better

Compared to other places in the area, I find Bedlington one of the best on my visits there. When I was there in the summer I had to walk to the main street to catch my X21 to get me (partly) back home, and I felt a lot safer than I occasionally do in some places during the day.

I generally find Morpeth and Bedlington better than Ashington and Blyth, Morpeth because it seems quite posh, and Bedlington because of it's quietness compared to the others. 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 17 Feb 2015

(16 Feb 2015, 6:38 pm)Robert I will set up the RSPCS (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Stanley)  if this abuse carries on!
Speaking of Stanley, have they caught the arsonist or arsonists seemingly intent on burning the place down?
Heard there had been a spate of attacks around East Stanley over the weekend.