North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 25 Feb 2015

(25 Feb 2015, 1:13 pm)MrFozz If they like a good pair of trainers, Im fucked, I rarely buy expensive trainers as i wear them out too quickly...

So gone are the days when a big cock was important Big Grin

I do buy brand name trainers - just not at brand name prices. 

I usually wait for the sales and buy in bulk.

If the scope is limited to just Blaydon and Winlaton I'd argue a big cock is still important. Blaydon and Winlaton are full of big cocks, some of whom also happen to wear expensive trainers.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 25 Feb 2015

(25 Feb 2015, 1:22 pm)MurdnunoC I do buy brand name trainers - just not at brand name prices. 

I usually wait for the sales and buy in bulk.

If the scope is limited to just Blaydon and Winlaton I'd argue a big cock is still important. Blaydon and Winlaton is full of big cocks, some of them also happen to wear expensive trainers.

I am the same I guess, I refuse to pay a kings ransom for a pair of shoes my current pair is a pair of Firetrap Shoe/Trainer things that cost about 30 quid, I think, clothes wise the most I pay is for football tops

RE: Whats made you happy today? - citaro5284 - 25 Feb 2015

(25 Feb 2015, 12:38 pm)MurdnunoC While in Home Bargains in Blaydon this morning I was privy to a conversation held between two till operatives discussing what they look for in a man. Both mentioned and agreed that a nice pair of trainers were essential as you could tell a lot about a man by the type of trainers they wear. Bearing in mind that I'd just came from the gym, I felt a bit disheveled as I was wearing an old pair of Fila trainers which cost me £15 from JD Sports. I wonder what they made of me.

Obviously this didn't make me happy but I was rather amused by the superficial attitude displayed here.

I think I'll stop buying Airwalk, Vans etc. and invest in a pair of AirMax '95.

I bought a pair of AirMax late last year....£95.00, must be mad  Huh

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 25 Feb 2015

Just missed the 21 in Peterlee Bus Station, obviously this didn't make me happy but managed to catch it at the Moorcock.

Also just discovered it has WiFi now.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 25 Feb 2015

(25 Feb 2015, 5:27 pm)citaro5284 I bought a pair of AirMax late last year....£95.00, must be mad  Huh

Between that and your fancy Seat, the women must flock around you like Seagulls. Tongue

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 25 Feb 2015

(25 Feb 2015, 5:27 pm)citaro5284 I bought a pair of AirMax late last year....£95.00, must be mad  Huh
Do you have the ladies falling at your trainers Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 25 Feb 2015

Worth every penny in my opinion. 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 27 Feb 2015

That really loud women didn't get on the bus today, if you don't know who i mean, its this really loud women who likes to tell her kid everything whats happening in the metro paper...she even said that one family were being called "benefit scroungers".

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 27 Feb 2015

Finding it difficult to eat my lunch when all I can see is an advert for E Entertainment's Total Divas dressed like something out of an S&M catalogue.

Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 28 Feb 2015

Taken quite a few photos whilst out today in Durham, they're really clear and I feel great about them too! Smile

Off to Bishop Auckland on the X21 now...6021 is my chariot.

Taken quite a few photos whilst out today in Durham, they're really clear and I feel great about them too! Smile

Off to Bishop Auckland on the X21 now...6021 is my chariot.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrPottski - 28 Feb 2015

I've had a lovely round of golf today with two good mates. Definitely put a smile ony face for four cold windy hours!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - citaro5284 - 28 Feb 2015

Just submitted my meter readings to EDF for my gas and electric. Direct debit has come down from £64.00 a month to £57.00!!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 28 Feb 2015

(28 Feb 2015, 7:38 pm)citaro5284 Just submitted my meter readings to EDF for my gas and electric. Direct debit has come down from £64.00 a month to £57.00!!
Might have asked you before, but how often do you submit readings?

I'm having to do it monthly with npower, but that's despite me having smart meters... They still can't get my monthly DD right either...

RE: Whats made you happy today? - citaro5284 - 28 Feb 2015

(28 Feb 2015, 7:45 pm)aureolin Might have asked you before, but how often do you submit readings?

I'm having to do it monthly with npower, but that's despite me having smart meters... They still can't get my monthly DD right either...

I now do it every 2 months, and always about a week after a DD has gone to them.  Did a couple a week before a DD was paid, and they wanted to put my payments up (stands to reason, I use the fuel but they had not got the payment), so now I always do it after and it is spot on to be fair, and really not had too much to complain about with EDF.

I was with npower, but like you, they could not get my payments right.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 28 Feb 2015

(28 Feb 2015, 7:53 pm)citaro5284 I now do it every 2 months, and always about a week after a DD has gone to them.  Did a couple a week before a DD was paid, and they wanted to put my payments up (stands to reason, I use the fuel but they had not got the payment), so now I always do it after and it is spot on to be fair, and really not had too much to complain about with EDF.

I was with npower, but like you, they could not get my payments right.

Cheers. I think I'll do the same and look to switch.

Free Meerkat for my trouble too no doubt. Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Simmy - 28 Feb 2015

Purchased a Network One ticket today and somehow lost my photo ID for it. Looks like I'll be having a nice rake around the house. If the worst comes to the worst, hopefully I can show my receipt and get a new ID card Wink.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 28 Feb 2015

The fact that my partner helps me get through the crappiest of days and the fact that I help them through their crappiest days.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - citaro5284 - 01 Mar 2015

(28 Feb 2015, 7:45 pm)aureolin I'm having to do it monthly with npower, but that's despite me having smart meters... They still can't get my monthly DD right either...

Not just you then....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-customer-gets-1400-refund-8735836

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 01 Mar 2015

(01 Mar 2015, 5:14 pm)citaro5284 Not just you then....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-customer-gets-1400-refund-8735836

A shocking example of customer service. How someone someone go from owing £4,000 to being £1,400 in credit is beyond me. 

Needless to say I've switched tonight, so should be all done and dusted of npower in a few weeks time. Also got the important stuff out the way, and claimed a Baby Oleg toy! Smile 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 01 Mar 2015

(01 Mar 2015, 6:14 pm)aureolin A shocking example of customer service. How someone someone go from owing £4,000 to being £1,400 in credit is beyond me. 

Needless to say I've switched tonight, so should be all done and dusted of npower in a few weeks time. Also got the important stuff out the way, and claimed a Baby Oleg toy! Smile 

Love it.  Big Grin