North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 19 Jun 2014

At the end of the day he's about 70 and he's calling a teenager names on Facebook. Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 19 Jun 2014

(19 Jun 2014, 8:06 pm)aureolin At the end of the day he's about 70 and he's calling a teenager names on Facebook. Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin

Upside of deleting him on Facebook... Don't have to see screenshots of his shirtless Skype sessions with younger males. Nor do I have to see him getting tagged in photos with nee top on in hotel rooms - with the people posting these photographs looking to be considerably younger than him!!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Andreos1 - 24 Jun 2014

Phillips Customer Care.

Having issues with a beard trimmer - emailed them Sunday night.
They responded yesterday morning and after a painless email confirming my details and serial number - a new piece of kit is on the way in the post.
I don't even need to send the old equipment back to them as proof!

An excellent example of customer service.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 24 Jun 2014

Finally managing to get a trip on Vyking 3970 on the 91. This has now resulted in me having travelled on every bus in the current fleet that entered the fleet before 2013.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 24 Jun 2014

(19 Jun 2014, 6:12 pm)Dan Heh... love being the topic of conversation between bus enthusiasts - especially when it's a load of old tosh! Although a tiny bit irritated, this situation has more so humoured me, hence the location of this post.

I'm not making this post to spark up an argument or anything, more so just to give my side of the story for those enthusiasts that commented on the Facebook status and are members of this forum. Thankfully, this story is the one which is entirely truthful and can be backed up by Liam (as he was with me at the time).

Making the most of the Volvo B5TL demonstrator, Liam and I decided that we would ride it on "Toon Link" services 31/32. Through connections exist on "Toon Link" service 31 whereby passengers can continue their journey on "Toon Link" service 32 to Blaydon, and this is what we had intended to do.

Although the vehicle had racked up quite an awful delay earlier in the day (20 minutes late at this point), neither Liam nor myself expected that the services it was working would be regulated.

Upon arrival at Winlaton, all passengers excluding Liam and myself alighted the vehicle. Little did we know, the return journey back to Newcastle on "Toon Link" service 32 had been regulated. Thankfully, the driver of the vehicle checked the vehicle prior to pulling away out of service, and he discovered that both Liam and myself were still on-board the vehicle. The driver informed us that, due to his delay, he had to return back to Newcastle out of service and that we would have to get off the bus. We picked up our things, and we followed the driver downstairs and alighted the vehicle.

The Facebook status below makes an interesting read, when you know the truth...

Later comments include further blatent lies from the OP, suggesting that the vehicle moved whilst out of service with Liam and I on-board... If that were the case, I think the driver would be the one who was on the firing line and not us given that we were not doing anything wrong by using the service through to Blaydon (as advertised on the timetable).

Oh.. and spot the comment about another enthusiast who regularly has comments made about him as well! These enthusiasts are like a broken record.

Ooh, and it's news to me that I 'blatantly wander into prohibited areas to take photographs', mind...

Do think most of this derives from spite and jealousy. Shame they say these things where the other person cannot defend themselves - the OP of the Facebook status didn't say a word on the bus or at the bus station either - hahahah!

I know exactly how you feel - it's happened to me loads of times when people have caught a glimpse of something then assumed something.

I honestly do feel sorry for both you and Liam - hopefully we'll never have them try that on NEB Smile

They seem, from what I have seen, to be that one group of people that comes with every hobby that stand from afar and criticise those who ACTUALLY BRING the information to the enthusiast field.

Re: RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 25 Jun 2014

(24 Jun 2014, 4:17 pm)Marcus I know exactly how you feel - it's happened to me loads of times when people have caught a glimpse of something then assumed something.

I honestly do feel sorry for both you and Liam - hopefully we'll never have them try that on NEB Smile

They seem, from what I have seen, to be that one group of people that comes with every hobby that stand from afar and criticise those who ACTUALLY BRING the information to the enthusiast field.

Some enthusiasts are just childish if you ask me, is it any wonder some get a hard time...my friends 10 yr old son is more grown up than some of these idiots, it is because of this I tend to keep my distance from enthusiasts, I have no problem with the very few enthusiasts I have met and spent time with, I may have only met them a handful of times, but I would go as far as calling them friends, but I tend to be loner when I am out enthusing(is that a word or have I made a new one up)...I have seen enthusiasts using there muscle to get the photo, enthusiasts jumping into the path of buses to get the photo and see all the backbiting on the Internet and I just can't be arsed with a bunch of thirty-faced(not just 2 faced 😛Wink set of twats who insult, name call etc and seem to get a hard on from it...No time for it basicaly

RE: Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 25 Jun 2014

(25 Jun 2014, 9:17 am)marxistafozzski Some enthusiasts are just childish if you ask me, is it any wonder some get a hard time...my friends 10 yr old son is more grown up than some of these idiots, it is because of this I tend to keep my distance from enthusiasts, I have no problem with the very few enthusiasts I have met and spent time with, I may have only met them a handful of times, but I would go as far as calling them friends, but I tend to be loner when I am out enthusing(is that a word or have I made a new one up)...I have seen enthusiasts using there muscle to get the photo, enthusiasts jumping into the path of buses to get the photo and see all the backbiting on the Internet and I just can't be arsed with a bunch of thirty-faced(not just 2 faced ?) set of twats who insult, name call etc and seem to get a hard on from it...No time for it basicaly

Can't agree more. I'm also a bit of a loner - I've seen a few of you lot out and about (mainly Dan) but I've never really met anybody and hung around - although I am planning a few.

Also, 'enthusing' seems to be more of an American word Smile

Some enthusiasts just don't care about others - most of them just think they are the best in the community and don't have time for stuff like NEB Dodgy

Re: RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 25 Jun 2014

(25 Jun 2014, 3:32 pm)Marcus Can't agree more. I'm also a bit of a loner - I've seen a few of you lot out and about (mainly Dan) but I've never really met anybody and hung around - although I am planning a few.

Some enthusiasts just don't care about others - most of them just think they are the best in the community and don't have time for stuff like NEB Dodgy
Eesh! I have only seen you the once - this isn't fair!!

(25 Jun 2014, 3:35 pm)Dan Eesh! I have only seen you the once - this isn't fair!!

Once in CLS quite a while back, and a couple of times in Sunderland. Think I saw you in Gateshead as well once.

Where did you see me like? Smile

Re: RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 25 Jun 2014

(25 Jun 2014, 3:42 pm)Marcus Once in CLS quite a while back, and a couple of times in Sunderland. Think I saw you in Gateshead as well once.

Where did you see me like? Smile
Was once in Chester and I think you were with your best mate Pat Armstrong!

I decided to go and get a drink from Poundland though!

(25 Jun 2014, 3:45 pm)Dan Was once in Chester and I think you were with your best mate Pat Armstrong!

I decided to go and get a drink from Poundland though!

Yeah - you took a photo of 6021. I was with Patsy (who was supervisor at the time) and an engineer. You can't see me on this photo, because I'm just behind the engine;

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/danielgrahamm/13491938815/in/search_QM_q_IS_go+north+east+x21_AND_mt_IS_all_AND_w_IS_all

The engineers foot can be seen however.

Re: RE: Whats made you happy today? - Adrian - 25 Jun 2014

(25 Jun 2014, 3:32 pm)Marcus Can't agree more. I'm also a bit of a loner - I've seen a few of you lot out and about (mainly Dan) but I've never really met anybody and hung around - although I am planning a few.

I've only met very few. Bumped into Adam M a couple of times, and also Bazza. Met Dan briefly at the Stagecoach open day. Seen Gary Mitchellhill out and about a few times too.

(25 Jun 2014, 4:50 pm)aureolin I've only met very few. Bumped into Adam M a couple of times, and also Bazza. Met Dan briefly at the Stagecoach open day. Seen Gary Mitchellhill out and about a few times too.

Made several plans to meet with Tom during the summer - but we had a plan for the May holidays and it just backfired.

Re: RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 25 Jun 2014

(25 Jun 2014, 4:50 pm)aureolin I've only met very few. Bumped into Adam M a couple of times, and also Bazza. Met Dan briefly at the Stagecoach open day. Seen Gary Mitchellhill out and about a few times too.

Nearly everyone has bumped into Baz at some point, met him myself twice, seen Adam M, 3 or 4 times, AdamY very briefly at the MetroCentre Rally and also Sean ???(northern156) and I am sure I have seen Gary Mitchellhill on more than occasion but never to talk to

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 25 Jun 2014

I'm really shy, I've never spoke to any enthusiasts when I've been out and about, but I have seen a few taking photos and noting down allocations.

(25 Jun 2014, 5:10 pm)Jimmi I'm really shy, I've never spoke to any enthusiasts when I've been out and about, but I have seen a few taking photos and noting down allocations.
You should get yourself to the Seaburn rally in August. There'll be a good handful from NEB I'd imagine. Smile

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 25 Jun 2014

(25 Jun 2014, 5:32 pm)aureolin You should get yourself to the Seaburn rally in August. There'll be a good handful from NEB I'd imagine. Smile

Shit - I always forget about that, and I went and booked a short weekend away in the Lake District over that weekend. Angry

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 25 Jun 2014

(25 Jun 2014, 5:32 pm)aureolin You should get yourself to the Seaburn rally in August. There'll be a good handful from NEB I'd imagine. Smile

I went to the Metrocentre rally back in May.

May go to the Seaburn rally, but I have to figure out the way there from Sunderland.

(25 Jun 2014, 5:36 pm)Tom Shit - I always forget about that, and I went and booked a short weekend away in the Lake District over that weekend. Angry
Shame. we were going to all go for a few after. first round on Andreos.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Tom - 25 Jun 2014

(25 Jun 2014, 5:40 pm)aureolin Shame. we were going to all go for a few after. first round on Andreos.

No good for me I'm afraid Tongue