North East Buses
Go North East: Fleet Vehicle History - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Fleet Vehicle History (/showthread.php?tid=933)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Go North East: Fleet Vehicle History - S813 FVK - 30 Mar 2014

Hello. Rather than clogging up other threads with this stuff I thought it would be a good idea to start another thread which has all this information separate and the other threats can be used for what they are designed for. Basically, any fleet movements before the Go North East fleet archive started on 6th January 2003 is welcome. Thank you.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Dan - 30 Mar 2014

Would be good to collate this information in the OP too, which will help me in future when editing the "Vehicle History" for each vehicle on the site's fleet lists, i.e:

3801:
January 1999 - Transferred to Stanley
February 2003 - Transferred to Percy Main from Stanley
March 2005 - Vehicle repainted into whatever livery.

4901:
May 2000 - Transferred to Percy Main
July 2004 - Transferred to Gateshead from Percy Main
August 2006 - Vehicle repainted green for "Lime" services 8/78.

Personally don't mind if it goes right up to present day as it saves me a job at the end of the day! Wink

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - S813 FVK - 30 Mar 2014

(30 Mar 2014, 12:36 pm)Dan Would be good to collate this information in the OP too, which will help me in future when editing the "Vehicle History" for each vehicle on the site's fleet lists, i.e:

3801:
January 1999 - Transferred to Stanley
February 2003 - Transferred to Percy Main from Stanley
March 2005 - Vehicle repainted into whatever livery.

4901:
May 2000 - Transferred to Percy Main
July 2004 - Transferred to Gateshead from Percy Main
August 2006 - Vehicle repainted green for "Lime" services 8/78.

Personally don't mind if it goes right up to present day as it saves me a job at the end of the day! Wink

Thanks, that's a big help and ill be quite happy to push it through to the present day.

The only one im struggling on at the moment is 4923 and I cant seem to find when it transferred from Winlaton. I know it was at Stanley at one point with 4923, 4924 and 4925 because I seem to remember that at least one of them had a roller blind.

(30 Mar 2014, 12:45 pm)Robert Thanks, that's a big help and ill be quite happy to push it through to the present day.

The only one im struggling on at the moment is 4923 and I cant seem to find when it transferred from Winlaton. I know it was at Stanley at one point with 4923, 4924 and 4925 because I seem to remember that at least one of them had a roller blind.

From what I can gather...

4923:

> February 2014 - Following the closure of Gateshead and Winlaton depots, this vehicle has been transferred to Riverside, which replaces depots at Sunderland Road in Gateshead and Winlaton that date back to the days of the tramways.
> BY February 2012 - Vehicle gained a rear advertisement for alcohol abuse (see here)
> September 2011 - Transferred from Gateshead to Winlaton.
> April 2011 - Vehicle gained a promotional livery for Go North East's "The Key" campaign.
> February 2011 - Repainted into a plain red base livery, later gaining "Northern" fleet names.
> December 2009 - Repainted into a plain white base livery.
> September 2009 - Vehicle transferred from Percy Main to Gateshead
> October 2008 - Vehicle transferred from Gateshead to Percy Main
> September 2007 - Vehicle transferred from Stanley to Gateshead
> December 2004 - Vehicle transferred from Winlaton to Gateshead
> BY July 2003 - Vehicle transferred from Gateshead depot to Winlaton depot.
> October 2000 - Vehicle new to Gateshead depot

Only bit which appears to be missing is the stage between new at Gateshead and transferring to Winlaton, and there doesn't seem to be any photographs on Flickr which give it away either.

EDIT: Found a photograph from July 2003 when it was with Winlaton... Think that's about everything for 4923?

(30 Mar 2014, 12:56 pm)Dan From what I can gather...

4923:

> February 2014 - Following the closure of Gateshead and Winlaton depots, this vehicle has been transferred to Riverside, which replaces depots at Sunderland Road in Gateshead and Winlaton that date back to the days of the tramways.
> BY February 2012 - Vehicle gained a rear advertisement for alcohol abuse (see here)
> September 2011 - Transferred from Gateshead to Winlaton.
> BY April 2011 - Vehicle gained a promotional livery for Go North East's "The Key" campaign.
> BY March 2011 - Repainted into a plain red base livery, later gaining "Northern" fleet names.
> BY December 2009 - Repainted into a plain white base livery.
> September 2009 - Vehicle transferred from Percy Main to Gateshead
> October 2008 - Vehicle transferred from Gateshead to Percy Main
> September 2007 - Vehicle transferred from Stanley to Gateshead
> December 2004 - Vehicle transferred from Winlaton to Gateshead
> BY July 2003 - Vehicle transferred from Gateshead depot to Winlaton depot.
> October 2000 - Vehicle new to Gateshead depot

Only bit which appears to be missing is the stage between new at Gateshead and transferring to Winlaton, and there doesn't seem to be any photographs on Flickr which give it away either.

EDIT: Found a photograph from July 2003 when it was with Winlaton... Think that's about everything for 4923?

Yeah. Ill try and find out when it transferred to Stanley.

EDIT: It got to Stanley around Feb/March 2005. It was deffo there by 8/3/05 so im guessing February.

Just to show how everyone getting involved can help us with the completion of the vehicle history section on each vehicle:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/gnefleetitem.php?fleetno=4923

I'll work on a few others today too, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Smile

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - R852 PRG - 30 Mar 2014

I'd love to help with some of Chester's vehicles, as well as Crooks and some of Stanleys but I'm afraid with all the other depots I'm just lost. Where abouts in Chesters fleet would you like to me to start, or just anywhere?

(30 Mar 2014, 3:01 pm)Marcus I'd love to help with some of Chester's vehicles, as well as Crooks and some of Stanleys but I'm afraid with all the other depots I'm just lost. Where abouts in Chesters fleet would you like to me to start, or just anywhere?

Anywhere you'd like to start - if there's a batch of vehicles you're most interested in, start there. Smile
Any details on repaints, transfers, etc.

I usually go through GNE's Fleet Archive document and search for a specific fleet number - copying and pasting the details regarding that vehicle as I go.
After that, I usually go on Flickr and type in 'go north east [fleet number]' and fill in details regarding repaints and any blanks missed out on the Fleet Archive, in 'Most Recent' order. I repeat the process but with the registration of the vehicle, both with and without a space in the middle.

I collected all of the above information about 4923 by doing that, and I'd say that it's a pretty good account of the vehicle's life.

(30 Mar 2014, 3:08 pm)Dan Anywhere you'd like to start - if there's a batch of vehicles you're most interested in, start there. :)
Any details on repaints, transfers, etc.

I usually go through GNE's Fleet Archive document and search for a specific fleet number - copying and pasting the details regarding that vehicle as I go.
After that, I usually go on Flickr and type in 'go north east [fleet number]' and fill in details regarding repaints and any blanks missed out on the Fleet Archive, in 'Most Recent' order. I repeat the process but with the registration of the vehicle, both with and without a space in the middle.

Cheers mate, do I just post the info here for you to type up, I'm afraid another of my bad points is editing and posting stuff etc.

(30 Mar 2014, 3:10 pm)Marcus Cheers mate, do I just post the info here for you to type up, I'm afraid another of my bad points is editing and posting stuff etc.

Yeah, just post anything in this thread - just make it clear which fleet number it is if you're doing more than one at once.

[Fleet Number]

[Month & Year] - [Movement/Repaint]
[Month & Year] - [Movement/Repaint]

..like so.

I've got the admin login details to edit the history for each vehicle on the fleet list, and will just copy it over.

Right here goes with my first one; PS use the website Jeff's Bus Lane as he has fleetlists going back to 2004, thats where I'm getting all my info.

August 2004 - Based at Stanley
Early March 2007 - Vehicle Transferred to Chester
Mid March 2007 - Vehicle Branded for Lime
Mid January 2014 - VOR for about a fortnight after being involved in an accident in Grange Villa that took the life of a motorcyclist
Early February - Vehicle returns to service and hasn't had any problems since,

Pretty much all of the Limes 4850-4855 were bought in 1998 and started at Stanley, spent ten years there before being sent to Chester in March 2007 for the Lime. 4852 has had an accident, like 4854 although the latter was VOR for a LONG time a couple of years ago, and 4850 has been VOR a couple of times due to engine problems and pipe breaks etc (the worst B10BLE in the entire company if you ask me). 4853 spent a long period of time not out of service between February 2013 and May 2013, and if it was ever out in service I did not see it whatsoever.

3877 has been at Chester the majority of it's life between 2004 and now, probably the longest serving of it's buses most likely alongside 3878 and 3879, although there is the possibility they were at Percy Main when new, but I'm pretty sure it's always belonged to Chester.

Toon Link 4982:

February 2005 - Vehicle entered service at Deptford
November 2006 - Vehicle transferred to Sunderland Road
October 2008 - Vehicle transferred to Winlaton
(branded Derwent Ranger at some point)
October 2010 - Taken out of and returned to service due to a refurbishment
(Later branded Toon Link towards the end of 2010)
February 2014 - Vehicle transferred to Gateshead Riverside due to the closure of Winlaton

Are we doing just the current vehicles, or the past ones as well. I mean, it's going to take us a long time to do this and there isn't a lot of time left before the Renowns and Pallys are convicted and put on Death Row.

3868 has been at Chester continuously since around 2004 with occasional loans here and there. 3869 has been the same but spent a bit of time last year on long term loan to Percy Main I think when 3870 had it's accident, and just six months ago again went to Percy Main for about two months for an obscure reason. 3804 has spent it's entire career at Chester since new from what I can gather info-wise.

(30 Mar 2014, 4:24 pm)Marcus 3868 has been at Chester continuously since around 2004 with occasional loans here and there. 3869 has been the same but spent a bit of time last year on long term loan to Percy Main I think when 3870 had it's accident, and just six months ago again went to Percy Main for about two months for an obscure reason. 3804 has spent it's entire career at Chester since new from what I can gather info-wise.

That excluding the time it was branded "Coaster"? Was also based at Stanley for a while if memory serves. Tongue

Thanks for collecting all the info though!

(30 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm)Dan That excluding the time it was branded "Coaster"? Was also based at Stanley for a while if memory serves. Tongue

Thanks for collecting all the info though!

It was indeed Rolleyes. I remember Robert mentioned a while back last year on Keiron's blog that it had a short loan for about a day or two with 3983 up there at Stanley.

At least we don't have to worry about all of the Hybrids. They've all stayed at one depot all their careers unless for maintenance, so if I was you Dan I would get those out of the way. I'm not sure about the other Hybrids but I do know all of the angels history like the back of my hand.

6059 was the vehicle involved in that accident at Low Fell where a cyclist was killed whilst on N21 duties. As far as I know that's the only accident involving an angel.

I also think you won't have to worry about the Diamond Mercs because the only other one they've done was the Citylink I think (I think they were bought new for that, you'll probably know Tongue!)

As for Presidents;
6019 and 6022 have spent all of their time with GNE at Chester I believe as they were purchased new for the 21 in 2011, although I think 6026 has been somewhere else, maybe Winlaton (once again, your the one to ask).

Here is 6008's obituary;
Bought Mid 2011 for The Angel from London General? (I can't remember which company, maybe Go Ahead London, I don't follow any movements outside of the company, I just stick to them while with GNE, I'm afraid I don't stalk them.
Debranded when the Hybrids arrived and sent to Stanley October 2012
Transferred to Deptford last week.

To be continued...

Also somebody ought to look into 3964's livery changes, I know it's spent most of it's life in Gateshead/Riverside but it's been Children in Need and Metro Radio.