North East Buses
Go North East: Fleet Vehicle History - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Fleet Vehicle History (/showthread.php?tid=933)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Bus pasts until January 2003 - S813 FVK - 09 Aug 2014

(30 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm)Dan That excluding the time it was branded "Coaster"? Was also based at Stanley for a while if memory serves. Tongue

Thanks for collecting all the info though!

3869 has also had a short loan up at Stanley. Can't remember a precise date though.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Dan - 13 Aug 2014

As an update, all Transbus MPDs new in 2003 now have a complete Vehicle History section.
There are a few things I've questioned regarding MPDs 561, 562, 564, 571, 572 and 574. The others should be spot on. Hopefully I'll be able to amend the history section for those MPDs in future.
That's 450 vehicles with a complete Vehicle History section now - approximately 65% of the entire fleet! Coppercap40 sent me a PM earlier asking what my plans were for the section, and as I've told him, I'll repeat on here so everyone knows...

The Go North East fleet list is the 'lab rat', mainly because I have the most interest in that operator over the other two, and because I have the majority of the information I need for this operator with little intervention from anyone else - so it's a case of as/when I have the time to update, I will.

Once I've got a fairly conclusive Vehicle History section for each vehicle, I intend to complete the Arriva North East fleet list, followed by the Stagecoach North East fleet list.

After this, I intend to go back through every item on the fleet list for all three and start adding photographs of how these buses appear in real life, at present. In the same order as before.

After this, I intend to go back through all of them again, adding hyperlinks to photographs to track the buses as noted in the Vehicle History section. You can see an example of this on 4923, where I've linked to one of Kuyoyo's photos.

Obviously, 100% completion is a long way off yet. The most important thing is keeping them up-to-date with present day movements and building up from there. Most of the time, I update the GNE fleet list in 'real time', recording things as/when they occur. Likewise with tyresmoke, for the ANE fleet list. The SNE fleet list is usually updated every month when the latest fleet cards are distributed.

'Tis looking good though! Smile

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Dan - 14 Aug 2014

(13 Aug 2014, 3:48 pm)Dan There are a few things I've questioned regarding MPDs 561, 562, 564, 571, 572 and 574. The others should be spot on. Hopefully I'll be able to amend the history section for those MPDs in future.

Managed to get the information on those fairly quickly.

GNE's Fleet Archive document has been updated accordingly to add the info too.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Dan - 17 Aug 2014

I've prepared almost everything for 2002, though there is a distinct lack of information available for the ex-London Vykings on GNE's Fleet Archive.

As soon as I have all of these details, I'll do another update - which should tie us over for updates until w/c 25th Aug, providing I get these details next week.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Malarkey - 23 Aug 2014

Just some minor info in 3974

The Vehicle was Branded in September 2012 not October 2012, unless this Vehicle is 3979, which also received Vodafone Branding
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/7962967280/

Edit for the above, 3979 isn't noted on the fleet list as having Vodafone Branding - http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/gnefleetitem.php?fleetno=3979 - Whereas it did, as shown on one of your own photos Dan - https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/8620809711/

It was also loaned to Washington Depot in May 2013, due to Vehicles Shortages, believe it was only for a Day though
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8749907627/

Was just checking what Fleetnumber (PJ02 PZA) was, as said Vehicle is available in Model Form, in London General Livery, and I am buying said Model on Monday off another Enthusiast at Seaburn.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Dan - 23 Aug 2014

(23 Aug 2014, 2:53 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Just some minor info in 3974

Thanks - details added. The reference was designed to be in regards to the swap between 3974 and 3981 as the former had received an advert for Vodafone and GNE wanted to keep both of the ones with ads together, though after a few e-mails, the transfer of 3981 is uncertain.

3981, along with a number of other Volvo B7TLs, are said to have been allocated to Metro Replacement work. I'm guessing that this was a last minute decision, instead of it going to Chester.

Since your post, I've been working on the fleet list. To provide an update:
  • All Dennis MPDs new in 2002 now have a complete Vehicle History section, with the exception of 524. There is no information prior to 524's withdrawal in December 2013 on GNE's Fleet Archive. I believe the vehicle was new to Washington, so it may be that it never actually transferred out of Washington Depot from December 2002 to December 2013 and was only ever repainted time and time again, as this was a similar story for the "MetroLINK" Scania L94s. I want to confirm this before trying to do anything further with this vehicle, though.
  • All Scania L94s new in 2002 now have a complete Vehicle History section. The details of two transfers for 4991/4992 are missing from GNE's Fleet Archive, so I've chased this up and I'll hopefully get a reply next week. As 4989/90 have lived very similar lives and only arrived a few months before 4991/92, I've added the details for these now too.
  • Although the Vehicle History section for all of the East Lancs Vyking bodied Volvo B7TLs is now complete, I feel it's a bit vague in places and could do with a tidy up with more details being added for clarification in future. I'll probably end up doing this when I'm adding photos.

I'm still currently going through and copying the details of the MPDs over from Word to NEB, so give me 15 mins or so before jumping in to do corrections (thinking of you here, danpick!) Tongue

That's 501 of 689 vehicles now complete, which equates to approximately 73% of the entire fleet.

(23 Aug 2014, 5:44 pm)Dan Thanks - details added. The reference was designed to be in regards to the swap between 3974 and 3981 as the former had received an advert for Vodafone and GNE wanted to keep both of the ones with ads together, though after a few e-mails, the transfer of 3981 is uncertain.

3981, along with a number of other Volvo B7TLs, are said to have been allocated to Metro Replacement work. I'm guessing that this was a last minute decision, instead of it going to Chester.

• All Dennis MPDs new in 2002 now have a complete Vehicle History section, with the exception of 524. There is no information prior to 524's withdrawal in December 2013 on GNE's Fleet Archive. I believe the vehicle was new to Washington, so it may be that it never actually transferred out of Washington Depot from December 2002 to December 2013 and was only ever repainted time and time again, as this was a similar story for the "MetroLINK" Scania L94s. I want to confirm this before trying to do anything further with this vehicle, though.
  • All Scania L94s new in 2002 now have a complete Vehicle History section. The details of two transfers for 4991/4992 are missing from GNE's Fleet Archive, so I've chased this up and I'll hopefully get a reply next week. As 4989/90 have lived very similar lives and only arrived a few months before 4991/92, I've added the details for these now too.
  • Although the Vehicle History section for all of the East Lancs Vyking bodied Volvo B7TLs is now complete, I feel it's a bit vague in places and could do with a tidy up with more details being added for clarification in future. I'll probably end up doing this when I'm adding photos.

I'm still currently going through and copying the details of the MPDs over from Word to NEB, so give me 15 mins or so before jumping in to do corrections (thinking of you here, danpick!) Tongue

That's 501 of 689 vehicles now complete, which equates to approximately 73% of the entire fleet.

I would of been 10 Years Old when both sets of Vehicles entered Service at Washington, But I do believe 523-531 spent there whole working life at Washington Depot. Think there was more MPD's at Washington at the time than just 523-531, As you had Services W2/W3/W4/W5/W6/186/293/393 and 493 and a few more which used MPD's, And there is no way 8 MPD's could cover the PVR of all those Services.

532 spent some time at Washington in 2010 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/5462375209/

Might worth asking the likes of Gary Mitchelhill and few other older Enthusiasts about 533 to 548, Because you would think that for all those Services the PVR would be over 20 at least, Anyway I have put a post on Facebook asking if anyone knows any more details of the MPD's, hopefully we'll get some feedback.

(23 Aug 2014, 6:19 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I would of been 10 Years Old when both sets of Vehicles entered Service at Washington, But I do believe 523-531 spent there whole working life at Washington Depot. Think there was more MPD's at Washington at the time than just 523-531, As you had Services W2/W3/W4/W5/W6/186/293/393 and 493 and a few more which used MPD's, And there is no way 8 MPD's could cover the PVR of all those Services.

532 spent some time at Washington in 2010 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/5462375209/

Might worth asking the likes of Gary Mitchelhill and few other older Enthusiasts about 533 to 548, Because you would think that for all those Services the PVR would be over 20 at least, Anyway I have put a post on Facebook asking if anyone knows any more details of the MPD's, hopefully we'll get some feedback.

MPDs 524-542 were new to Washington Depot. All of this is in the notes section for those vehicles. Tongue

I'm fairly confident that what we've got on the fleet lists for those MPDs is fairly conclusive.

(23 Aug 2014, 6:35 pm)Dan MPDs 524-542 were new to Washington Depot. All of this is in the notes section for those vehicles. Tongue

I'm fairly confident that what we've got on the fleet lists for those MPDs is fairly conclusive.

Was just going to confirm that having looked through the GNE Archive on Simplygo,com, and 543-548 were New Deptford also, in case that isn't noted, Shame the Archive only goes back as far as 2003 as would be very useful for the Years before that.

(23 Aug 2014, 5:44 pm)Dan Thanks - details added. The reference was designed to be in regards to the swap between 3974 and 3981 as the former had received an advert for Vodafone and GNE wanted to keep both of the ones with ads together, though after a few e-mails, the transfer of 3981 is uncertain.

Very Impressive, What Vehicles are left, I'm not doing anything until Match of the Day is on, So I could have a look through and see if I can dig out any further details.

Re: RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Dan - 23 Aug 2014

(23 Aug 2014, 6:43 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Was just going to confirm that having looked through the GNE Archive on Simplygo,com, and 543-548 were New Deptford also, in case that isn't noted, Shame the Archive only goes back as far as 2003 as would be very useful for the Years before that.
Someone hasn't looked at what I've been doing since 4pm! Tongue

Everything on the Fleet Archive, plus repaints that I am aware of, has been noted (for all vehicles new 2002 onwards). As such, it's fairly conclusive. I haven't got details for every repaint, but I've got almost all of them from 2009 onwards and most from 2007 - 2009.

I have been regularly e-mailing the guy who updates the Fleet Lists (and Allocation/Archive) for Go North East to get details on anything that is missing from the Fleet Archive. When details are missing from the Fleet Archive, there have been a large amount of movements and he has referred people to the Fleet Allocation document for a list of specific movements. When he advises me of the movements, he is altering the Fleet Archive document so that this is no longer an issue.

Re: RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Dan - 23 Aug 2014

(23 Aug 2014, 6:46 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Very Impressive, What Vehicles are left, I'm not doing anything until Match of the Day is on, So I could have a look through and see if I can dig out any further details.
Everything new before 2002. I'm working backwards on the grounds that the newest stuff in the fleet has the most information available.

I've already started on the Tridents, Solar Fusions and coaches new in 2001 - and I was just going to call it a day after that.

Any details of repaints 2007 onwards should already be on there, and any recent movements likewise.

(23 Aug 2014, 6:51 pm)Dan Everything new before 2002. I'm working backwards on the grounds that the newest stuff in the fleet has the most information available.

I've already started on the Tridents, Solar Fusions and coaches new in 2001 - and I was just going to call it a day after that.

Any details of repaints 2007 onwards should already be on there, and any recent movements likewise.

I've now added all details from Go North East's Fleet Archive document for Dennis Tridents 3885-91 to the notes section on our fleet list. There are no details whatsoever for 3890/91, and details for 3885-89 are limited. I have requested further information if there is any and it's just been missed off the Fleet Archive, but I'm doubtful we'll hit lucky here... The dates for when they entered service are thanks to the DVLA Tax Check tool, which gives the date for when the vehicle was first taxed (ie approximately when the vehicle would have first hit the road).

Volvo B10Ms 7080/82 now have a complete Vehicle History section.

Solar Fusions 4950-53 now also have a complete Vehicle History section. I wasn't 100% sure when these vehicles were repainted, but the earliest photo I could find was from September 2006, and Nexus had released a statement in September 2006 on their website regarding the Centrelink busway (and I'm sure the Solar Fusions were repainted/refurbished to coincide with the opening of the busway). If anyone has a more definitive date for when these vehicles were repainted, do comment below.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Tom - 23 Aug 2014

(23 Aug 2014, 8:34 pm)Dan I've now added all details from Go North East's Fleet Archive document for Dennis Tridents 3885-91 to the notes section on our fleet list. There are no details whatsoever for 3890/91, and details for 3885-89 are limited. I have requested further information if there is any and it's just been missed off the Fleet Archive, but I'm doubtful we'll hit lucky here... The dates for when they entered service are thanks to the DVLA Tax Check tool, which gives the date for when the vehicle was first taxed (ie approximately when the vehicle would have first hit the road).

Volvo B10Ms 7080/82 now have a complete Vehicle History section.

Solar Fusions 4950-53 now also have a complete Vehicle History section. I wasn't 100% sure when these vehicles were repainted, but the earliest photo I could find was from September 2006, and Nexus had released a statement in September 2006 on their website regarding the Centrelink busway. If anyone has a more definitive date for when these vehicles were repainted, do comment below.

I think 3890/3891 have been at Percy Main for all of their lives.

(23 Aug 2014, 8:36 pm)Tom I think 3890/3891 have been at Percy Main for all of their lives.

I assumed just as much, given that all photos I can find of them on Flickr have been in white for service 327!

EDIT: Just found this one from May 2002, further reiterating this...

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - S813 FVK - 23 Aug 2014

(23 Aug 2014, 8:36 pm)Tom I think 3890/3891 have been at Percy Main for all of their lives.

Probably, i know they were there in 2003 but cant find any pics of either before hand so yes, id probably say that you're right.

4982 in White in July 2009
https://www.flickr.com/photos/123339929@N03/13964944842/
And there no Photos of it in Derwent Ranger Livery either on Flickr

(23 Aug 2014, 8:47 pm)Robert Probably, i know they were there in 2003 but cant find any pics of either before hand so yes, id probably say that you're right.

In addition to the photo linked to in my post above, I've found another from December 2002 - so I think we can safely assume that they have indeed worked for Percy Main for all of their lives at GNE. I'll confirm this in my e-mail tomorrow though.

That's another 13 vehicles done (I've done as much as I can for now with 3885-89), bringing the total up to 514/689... Round that up to be approx. 75% of the entire fleet! Wink

Tomorrow's plan?
In addition to getting the news done tomorrow, I intend to get all of the 25 Scania L94UBs new in 2001 done, and I'll also try and do all 35 Volvo B7TLs (this should be fairly easy, given that I've already done half of the job by jotting down when they arrived into the fleet, what their fleet number down in London was, etc). If I manage to get all of this done, I intend on getting the ex-Arriva and ex-Oxford Volvo B10BLEs done, given that they've joined the fleet fairly recently and haven't moved about too much, so that should be pretty easy too. That should take us up to 602/689 (approximately 87% complete).

In reality, that 87% will soon become a higher percentage, with a number of vehicles being withdrawn prior to the new academic school year. For obvious reasons, I'm not going to waste time on adding information for the Volvo Olympians, withdrawn vehicles, or "Lime" branded vehicles. I'm not going to do anything for the withdrawn buses in the fleet (for obvious reasons), nor am I going to do anything for the remaining Olympians in the fleet (given that some will be withdrawn in a week's time and the remaining ones by Christmas) - we're looking at this getting to >90% without me doing a thing...

So... What's left?
  • Dennis Tridents 3801-3804, 3858-3880
  • Volvo B10BLEs 4896-4925
  • ..and at a push, Volvo B10BLEs 4841-4843, 4845-4847

The repaints for the above have most likely already been done by me early on in the project, and it'll be a case of going through the Fleet Archive to add as much as we can before turning to GNE for help again.

I'm setting no targets for getting this completed by a certain date, but I am eager to get it finished before I go back to school...

(23 Aug 2014, 9:14 pm)NEBCD Malarkey 4982 in White in July 2009
https://www.flickr.com/photos/123339929@N03/13964944842/
And there no Photos of it in Derwent Ranger Livery either on Flickr

I'll update that tomorrow morning. It would have been the spare for the Derwent Ranger services, hence why it is in white.

Can't actually find any photos of 4978-82 carrying Derwent Ranger branding. 4991 certainly carried that branding, so I suspect 4989/90/92 did too. I can only find the one photo of 4992 carrying "Twenty One" branding too, and none of the others...

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - S813 FVK - 23 Aug 2014

(23 Aug 2014, 9:17 pm)Dan I'll update that tomorrow morning. It would have been the spare for the Derwent Ranger services, hence why it is in white.

Can't actually find any photos of 4978-82 carrying Derwent Ranger branding. 4991 certainly carried that branding, so I suspect 4989/90/92 did too. I can only find the one photo of 4992 carrying "Twenty One" branding too, and none of the others...

Yeah, from what i can remember 4989-4991 all carried Derwent Ranger branding but when they were moved (presumably for the orbit) and replaced by 4978-82 didnt eventhough service 47 was still referred to as the Derwent Ranger whilst these B7RLEs operated the service.