North East Buses
Go North East: Fleet Vehicle History - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Fleet Vehicle History (/showthread.php?tid=933)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Andreos1 - 23 Aug 2014

(23 Aug 2014, 6:19 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I would of been 10 Years Old when both sets of Vehicles entered Service at Washington, But I do believe 523-531 spent there whole working life at Washington Depot. Think there was more MPD's at Washington at the time than just 523-531, As you had Services W2/W3/W4/W5/W6/186/293/393 and 493 and a few more which used MPD's, And there is no way 8 MPD's could cover the PVR of all those Services.

532 spent some time at Washington in 2010 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/5462375209/

Might worth asking the likes of Gary Mitchelhill and few other older Enthusiasts about 533 to 548, Because you would think that for all those Services the PVR would be over 20 at least, Anyway I have put a post on Facebook asking if anyone knows any more details of the MPD's, hopefully we'll get some feedback.

There was also a spell when the Marshall bodied darts were based in Washington.
I believe these replaced some of the MPD's - which were sent elsewhere.

As for the 2002/2003 era - I can't remember if all of the Solo's were gone by this point or if there was a spell of Solo's and MPD's running together

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Dan - 24 Aug 2014

(23 Aug 2014, 9:15 pm)Dan Tomorrow's plan?
In addition to getting the news done tomorrow, I intend to get all of the 25 Scania L94UBs new in 2001 done, and I'll also try and do all 35 Volvo B7TLs (this should be fairly easy, given that I've already done half of the job by jotting down when they arrived into the fleet, what their fleet number down in London was, etc). If I manage to get all of this done, I intend on getting the ex-Arriva and ex-Oxford Volvo B10BLEs done, given that they've joined the fleet fairly recently and haven't moved about too much, so that should be pretty easy too. That should take us up to 602/689 (approximately 87% complete).

I've been working on the fleet lists for a few hours now; as such, I've managed to complete all 35 Volvo B7TLs, both coaches new in 2001, all ex-Oxford Volvo B10BLEs, and all ex-Arriva Volvo B10BLEs (579/689 / 84%).

The Volvo B7TLs were a lot harder than I had originally imagined given that some of the vehicles were repainted red and held in storage prior to Go North East announcing that they had acquired all of them permanently. The details on our fleet lists actually represented when they were repainted in reality, but I've amended them to reflect the details Go North East gave on their Fleet Archive document (it seems most of the vehicles were held in storage until the following month after being repainted). It's a lot simpler now, and the notes section for these vehicles is a lot tidier now.
There are missing details for 6012/15/16/17/27, though I have queried these in an e-mail, so I'll go back if/when I receive details.

I haven't started the Solars new in 2001 yet, but going to make a start on them and then do the news.

(23 Aug 2014, 9:28 pm)Robert Yeah, from what i can remember 4989-4991 all carried Derwent Ranger branding but when they were moved (presumably for the orbit) and replaced by 4978-82 didnt eventhough service 47 was still referred to as the Derwent Ranger whilst these B7RLEs operated the service.

Amended accordingly, and I have also added details for the second-hand Scania L94UBs as being branded for service 21 whilst at Chester-le-Street.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Michael - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 11:30 am)Dan I've been working on the fleet lists for a few hours now; as such, I've managed to complete all 35 Volvo B7TLs, all ex-Oxford Volvo B10BLEs, and all ex-Arriva Volvo B10BLEs (577/689 / 84%).

The Volvo B7TLs were a lot harder than I had originally imagined given that some of the vehicles were repainted red and held in storage prior to Go North East announcing that they had acquired all of them permanently. The details on our fleet lists actually represented when they were repainted in reality, but I've amended them to reflect the details Go North East gave on their Fleet Archive document (it seems most of the vehicles were held in storage until the following month after being repainted). It's a lot simpler now, and the notes section for these vehicles is a lot tidier now.
There are missing details for 6012/15/16/17/27, though I have queried these in an e-mail, so I'll go back if/when I receive details.

I haven't started the Solars new in 2001 yet, but going to make a start on them and then do the news.

Amended accordingly, and I have also added details for the second-hand Scania L94UBs as being branded for service 21 whilst at Chester-le-Street.

Nice work Dan, if i did them i would get bored after 5 minutes.

Dan on the news can you list what is left to re-paint from the batch's.. i:e the tridents etc left, saves me asking!

Re: RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Dan - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 11:35 am)Michael Nice work Dan, if i did them i would get bored after 5 minutes.

Dan on the news can you list what is left to re-paint from the batch's.. i:e the tridents etc left, saves me asking!
Incredibly arduous task indeed, though I've got a nice little system going so I'm managing to get through it quite well. Regular Facebook breaks is getting me through it, as well as the fact that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...

The easy task will be adding photos for each of the events in the Vehicle History section, and it's slightly more enjoyable given the fact I'll be looking at photos instead of just typing! Get the boring bit out of the way and then I can just dip in and out whenever - really looking forward to getting this done though, as it'll be a completely unique feature to the bus enthusiast community.

I'm not sure what the PSV Circle does, but I do know that you've got to pay to access their information... We're doing it for free! Wink

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Malarkey - 24 Aug 2014

Update on the MPD's, I apologize if you already this information Dan, but I can't see the Details of the MPD's which were Withdrawn in December 2013, Just a few details that Chris White mentioned on Facebook.

All the 52 plate MPDs were new to Washington, though some were used by Deptford when new and they often interchanged with Deptford while in the black 'Turn Up and Go' branding (I often travelled on them on the old Silksworth 133 service which had turquoise TUAG branding). In the mid 2000s 535-548 moved to other depots such as Winlaton and Deptford, some becoming Kingfishers. 532 went white at Washington while 533 and 534 kept their black Simply Washington branding for years until they started moving around to Stanley, then Winlaton, one visited Percy main at one point. I forget which specific vehicles went where. I know 543 was a Winlaton bus before moving to Deptford to become an extra Black Cat.

533 on the 44 to Stanley
https://www.flickr.com/.../chriswhitesbusphotos/6203115645

534 on the 17 to Whitley Bay
https://www.flickr.com/.../chriswhitesbusphotos/5917964963

Hopefully fingers crossed there might be few details in there that you've missed Dan Smile

Furthermore given that I can't see the Details of the Previously Withdrawn MPD's, would it be worth creating another Fleetlist for all the Vehicles previously within the Fleet, including Demonstration Vehicles that Go North East have had over the Years, I think it would be quite handy for those tracking down Old Details of Former Vehicles, although I do understand this maybe a lot Harder and more Time Consuming than doing the Standard GNE Fleetlist.

Another Idea I had for the current Fleetlist, was to have for each Brand, have 1 or 2 Photos of Vehicle in an Old Livery, I'll list a few examples below, Although I am guessing you may prefer to use more up to date images of the Vehicles in the Fleet.

4950 - In Centrelink Livery while on Loan to CLS for Service 21
https://www.flickr.com/photos/chriswhitesbusphotos/5812020972/

4951 - In it's first Go North East Livery
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jncarter1962/3095656039/

And have 4952/53 with a Photo of them on the X40

(24 Aug 2014, 12:56 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Update on the MPD's, I apologize if you already this information Dan, but I can't see the Details of the MPD's which were Withdrawn in December 2013, Just a few details that Chris White mentioned on Facebook.

All the 52 plate MPDs were new to Washington, though some were used by Deptford when new and they often interchanged with Deptford while in the black 'Turn Up and Go' branding (I often travelled on them on the old Silksworth 133 service which had turquoise TUAG branding). In the mid 2000s 535-548 moved to other depots such as Winlaton and Deptford, some becoming Kingfishers. 532 went white at Washington while 533 and 534 kept their black Simply Washington branding for years until they started moving around to Stanley, then Winlaton, one visited Percy main at one point. I forget which specific vehicles went where. I know 543 was a Winlaton bus before moving to Deptford to become an extra Black Cat.

533 on the 44 to Stanley

Hopefully fingers crossed there might be few details in there that you've missed Dan Smile

Furthermore given that I can't see the Details of the Previously Withdrawn MPD's, would it be worth creating another Fleetlist for all the Vehicles previously within the Fleet, including Demonstration Vehicles that Go North East have had over the Years, I think it would be quite handy for those tracking down Old Details of Former Vehicles, although I do understand this maybe a lot Harder and more Time Consuming than doing the Standard GNE Fleetlist.

Another Idea I had for the current Fleetlist, was to have for each Brand, have 1 or 2 Photos of Vehicle in an Old Livery, I'll list a few examples below, Although I am guessing you may prefer to use more up to date images of the Vehicles in the Fleet.

There's no details of the MPDs withdrawn in December 2012 because they're no longer in the fleet (minus 524, which I've sent an e-mail to GNE's Fleet Co-ordinator to see if he has any information that vehicle) and I deleted them from the fleet list when they were disposed of.

I've more or less got all of those details on our fleet list already, apart from the TUAG branding details which I'll probably go back to at a later date. I'll go back at some point today to add the details of the Solar Fusion on loan to CLS.

We've previously discussed having an archive for buses no longer in the fleet, tracking them through to when they were withdrawn and then track them with their lives with other companies (if appropriate). See discussion here, instead of me repeating what I've said in the past. I still think that it would be best as an external feature from the fleet lists, as a downloadable PDF.

Regarding the photos, the idea is that the photo on the main page represents the information contained within the fleet list (i.e. if a bus is in gold base livery at Deptford, have that in the photograph), and when this no longer applies, the link to the photo would then go in the notes section bit.
See example here, with the rear ad that 4923 gained. Obviously the main photo is now outdated, but when I've finished the Archive section for each vehicle, I'll update that as/when I update the fleet list in general.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Andreos1 - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 11:30 am)Dan I've been working on the fleet lists for a few hours now; as such, I've managed to complete all 35 Volvo B7TLs, both coaches new in 2001, all ex-Oxford Volvo B10BLEs, and all ex-Arriva Volvo B10BLEs (579/689 / 84%).

Were they? Never knew that.
Can remember them in fleet livery on the 721 etc., but never branded for the 21.
I can only remember the examples on the 93/94 being on the 21.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Malarkey - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 1:52 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Were they? Never knew that.
Can remember them in fleet livery on the 721 etc., but never branded for the 21.
I can only remember the examples on the 93/94 being on the 21.

4992 on the 21
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stagecoachuk/14384675256/

(24 Aug 2014, 11:30 am)Dan I've been working on the fleet lists for a few hours now; as such, I've managed to complete all 35 Volvo B7TLs, both coaches new in 2001, all ex-Oxford Volvo B10BLEs, and all ex-Arriva Volvo B10BLEs (579/689 / 84%).

Three and a half hours later, the Solars are all complete! Smile

Don't shoot me if I'm wrong, but I do believe all of the Solars new to GNE in 2001 were first based at Gateshead. The fact that the first movement for all of these vehicles on GNE's Fleet Archive comes from Gateshead certainly reiterates this, but do correct me if I am wrong.

There's a few question marks above 4937, 4941 and 4949 - but other than that, I think it's fairly conclusive! There's a number of repaints which I just can't find any information for, so I've had to miss those out.

602/689 vehicles now complete - which equates to approximately 87% of the entire fleet.

As I said before, I'm not wasting my time on the Olympians, Limes and withdrawn vehicles. This means that I've actually completed 631 vehicles, which equates to about 92% of the entire fleet.
The remaining 8% comprises the East Lancs Lolyne bodied Dennis Tridents and the Volvo B10BLEs from 4896 up.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - park5354 - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 12:56 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Update on the MPD's, I apologize if you already this information Dan, but I can't see the Details of the MPD's which were Withdrawn in December 2013, Just a few details that Chris White mentioned on Facebook.

533 on the 44 to Stanley

Morning peak extras were operated by Sunderland Road between Birtley Baths and Newcastle due to loading issues (Omnicities). CLS never had any Artics on loan.

(24 Aug 2014, 3:43 pm)park5354 Morning peak extras were operated by Sunderland Road between Birtley Baths and Newcastle due to loading issues (Omnicities). CLS never had any Artics on loan.

Ah right, I see! I had thought it would be a bit awkward to get an artic into Chester..! :p

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Dan - 25 Aug 2014

I'm currently going through the Volvo B10BLEs new in 2000.

Although they were delivered during different months, it certainly looks like 4896-4911 were all new to Stanley Depot. Likewise, it looks like 4912-4925 were all new to Gateshead Depot.
Someone previously confirmed that 4923 was new to Gateshead Depot, but can anyone confirm the rest of the Volvo B10BLEs?

Cheers.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - S813 FVK - 25 Aug 2014

(25 Aug 2014, 8:35 am)Dan I'm currently going through the Volvo B10BLEs new in 2000.

Although they were delivered during different months, it certainly looks like 4896-4911 were all new to Stanley Depot. Likewise, it looks like 4912-4925 were all new to Gateshead Depot.
Someone previously confirmed that 4923 was new to Gateshead Depot, but can anyone confirm the rest of the Volvo B10BLEs?

Cheers.

Thats probably correct. The renowns back then were allocated to services 775/778 and 765/766 so needed a high amount. 4850-55 (eventhough you arent doing those vehicles for obvious reasons) i think were transferred over (unless they first entered service at Stanley which i dont think they did) for the same reason.

(25 Aug 2014, 9:12 am)Robert Thats probably correct. The renowns back then were allocated to services 775/778 and 765/766 so needed a high amount. 4850-55 (eventhough you arent doing those vehicles for obvious reasons) i think were transferred over (unless they first entered service at Stanley which i dont think they did) for the same reason.

That's great, and it would explain why there's no information on GNE's Fleet Archive for 4900-03.

Likewise for 4916/18/19/21 at Gateshead.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Andreos1 - 25 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 2:11 pm)NEBCD Malarkey 4992 on the 21
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stagecoachuk/14384675256/

You learn something new everyday!
Can't remember them on the 21 at all.

(25 Aug 2014, 9:43 am)Dan That's great, and it would explain why there's no information on GNE's Fleet Archive for 4900-03.

Likewise for 4916/18/19/21 at Gateshead.

I've now completed the Vehicle History section for 4896-4925, meaning that there's just the Dennis Tridents to go! Briefly went through all of the B10s and Tridents last night to see how long it would take me to do them today, and there's quite a few with nothing at all on the Fleet Archive (so hopefully it should be fairly quick to do those too).

There's a few question marks for the above quoted vehicles, just in case movements have been accidentally left out of the Fleet Archive (it's a crazy thought that eight vehicles haven't actually moved to another depot in 14 years). There's also a few question marks for 4910/11/23/24/25 where there is a few details missing.

As I've already raised enquiries for 524, 542, 3885-89, 4937/41/49, 4991/92, 6012/15/16/17/27 and 7087, I'm going to wait until I get a reply about those before e-mailing about another 13 buses. Tongue

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Andreos1 - 25 Aug 2014

(25 Aug 2014, 10:12 am)Dan I've now completed the Vehicle History section for 4896-4925, meaning that there's just the Dennis Tridents to go!

There's a few question marks for the above quoted vehicles, just in case movements have been accidentally left out of the Fleet Archive (it's a crazy thought that eight vehicles haven't actually moved to another depot in 14 years). There's also a few question marks for 4910/11/23/24/25 where there is a few details missing.

As I've already raised enquiries for 524, 542, 3885-89, 4937/41/49, 4991/92, 6012/15/16/17/27 and 7087, I'm going to wait until I get a reply about those before e-mailing about another 13 buses. Tongue

The majority of the Tridents were allocated to Percy Main and Winlaton initially from memory - if it helps as a starter.
After then, they were gradually dispersed anywhere and everywhere.

(25 Aug 2014, 10:12 am)Dan I've now completed the Vehicle History section for 4896-4925, meaning that there's just the Dennis Tridents to go! Briefly went through all of the B10s and Tridents last night to see how long it would take me to do them today, and there's quite a few with nothing at all on the Fleet Archive (so hopefully it should be fairly quick to do those too).

For 4910, you have missed out its period of time in the 'Buzzfare' advertising livery. I have a couple of pics in plain white so ill try and get the dates.

Edit: The ones i have were taken around 2007. The bus was still based at Stanley at the time.

4910 in 2008: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stagecoachuk/12436959453/in/photolist-mtckFn-bp51yS-dZZKAS-eoBXHU-bkqjKG-knV6xV-fwYqot-nto9zd-nikQF1-oqYnpc-jX1Hun-mq7u17-mq5Dia-jSx896-jSx7kc-jX1EKp-dfaN38-jWZZmg-oqYnkz-oqYnm6-9bRjq4-oqYngX-cotNCW-dmmch2-d5d6UU-d5ddHm-9nnLUE-obfRFt-9t5tY1-mqU3qD-bcPzb6-m7ba8g-m793Lc-m7chgo-m7bo8z-e1ECjd-aEpQHu-cEDWPw-oCCrgx-nbjS73-jX3gfW-jX1xG6-oGE3PB-oqqUJQ-oGVEpt-oqr4Tk-9sNMBn-jWZL7k-nbhQLn-jX3mhj/

This photo is apparently 4910 in 2006: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stagecoachuk/12436782375/in/photolist-mtckFn-bp51yS-dZZKAS-eoBXHU-bkqjKG-knV6xV-fwYqot-nto9zd-nikQF1-oqYnpc-jX1Hun-mq7u17-mq5Dia-jSx896-jSx7kc-jX1EKp-dfaN38-jWZZmg-oqYnkz-oqYnm6-9bRjq4-oqYngX-cotNCW-dmmch2-d5d6UU-d5ddHm-9nnLUE-obfRFt-9t5tY1-mqU3qD-bcPzb6-m7ba8g-m793Lc-m7chgo-m7bo8z-e1ECjd-aEpQHu-cEDWPw-oCCrgx-nbjS73-jX3gfW-jX1xG6-oGE3PB-oqqUJQ-oGVEpt-oqr4Tk-9sNMBn-jWZL7k-nbhQLn-jX3mhj. I dont think it is as service 43/44 didnt go to Durham until 2007 when the Diamond brand was introduced.

(25 Aug 2014, 10:17 am)Andreos Constantopolous The majority of the Tridents were allocated to Percy Main and Winlaton initially from memory - if it helps as a starter.
After then, they were gradually dispersed anywhere and everywhere.

Cheers - hopefully they didn't move much in their first few years with GNE and the first movements on GNE's Fleet Archive are out of Percy Main and Winlaton! Tongue

(25 Aug 2014, 10:23 am)Robert For 4910, you have missed out its period of time in the 'Buzzfare' advertising livery. I have a couple of pics in plain white so ill try and get the dates.

I suspect it would have been vinyled up in that livery soon after it was given the plain white repaint in January 2007 - similar to 3964 going around in plain yellow before it was branded up for Children in Need or whatever else it's done?

(25 Aug 2014, 10:37 am)Dan Cheers - hopefully they didn't move much in their first few years with GNE and the first movements on GNE's Fleet Archive are out of Percy Main and Winlaton! Tongue

I suspect it would have been vinyled up in that livery soon after it was given the plain white repaint in January 2007 - similar to 3964 going around in plain yellow before it was branded up for Children in Need or whatever else it's done?

Think some solars got placed into that livery aswell (Buzzfare).
4968 was one https://www.flickr.com/photos/emdjt42/4354702570/in/photolist-nUYJ1r-ozha5n-ovCBGr-nRGRsm-hM25Xt-oHayQF-eFJQoo-7CNZmN-nwu4vv-7CgwLr-ay7d4h-obsQAt-b7iFgT-dCkmy7-6fB9PV-dCf32p-5YFipw-9F444i-btEb5i-9S7ezS. Dont know if thats the only one like.