North East Buses
Go North East: Fleet Vehicle History - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Fleet Vehicle History (/showthread.php?tid=933)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Dan - 29 Aug 2014

(29 Aug 2014, 8:46 am)Robert Ok. Sorry. Me being me just took it the wrong way.

And 8266 still needs updating as 'S1 Metrocentre' or something.
I'll do that when I get home. Wink

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - S813 FVK - 29 Aug 2014

(28 Aug 2014, 3:43 am)westy3738 I'm trying to cast my mind back but I think 3890 and 3891 may have gone to Chester first, in GNE livery and only ran there for a few weeks before going to Percy Main.

Aye, all of us mistakenly thought they were new to Percy Main and stayed there:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/simplybuses/15068241401/

No pictures of 3891 there either.

Bus pasts until January 2003 - R852 PRG - 29 Aug 2014

(29 Aug 2014, 10:12 am)Robert Aye, all of us mistakenly thought they were new to Percy Main and stayed there:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/simplybuses/15068241401/

No pictures of 3891 there either.

Good to see the old bus stops at South Burns, they look so old and different!

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Dan - 05 Oct 2014

Just to let you all know, this isn't an abandoned project...

Indeed, I've just fired off an e-mail this evening with my queries for the last few vehicles I'm yet to complete (of the ones that I am completing - ie everything but the 484x/485x Volvo B10BLEs and the remaining Olympians in the fleet).
I was so busy with other things last month that I completely forgot to send off that e-mail, but as I was updating things on the fleet lists today, I remembered to send it.
When I get a reply and have a chance to update those vehicles, I'll move on to providing a photo for each event in the Fleet History section for every vehicle in the fleet! This is the style I have adopted - only the date is hyperlinked, making it more presentable. If I cannot find any photographs for that event, it is left blank.

I've updated the photographs for all of the minibuses in the fleet too - some have been updated with better quality photographs while others have been updated with more recent photographs showing that vehicle at its current depot/in its current livery. I have deleted the photographs for those records which have not got an up-to-date photo showing what the bus looks like at the moment (542/45/46/64/66/69, 603/05/51).

With regards to some of the previous records I was updating:
Go North East's paper records for movements prior to 2003 are held at Chester-le-Street, meaning that I'm unable to confirm when 3890/91 transferred from Chester-le-Street Depot to Percy Main.
Other things I had question marks above, including some of the Scania L94s and Volvo B7TLs, have all now been updated to reflect the missing dates.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Kuyoyo - 07 Oct 2014

Just a bit of note regarding 5254's history

> February 2007 - As part of a batch of 41 brand new Scania CN230UB/Scania Omnicity vehicles arriving into the fleet, this vehicle has now been delivered in a plain silver base livery. It is expected that this vehicle will gain "Cobalt Clipper" branding, and will be allocated to Percy Main Depot for use on "Cobalt Clipper" services 309/310.

5254 seen below during its early days on loan to Chester-le-Street- in plain red not sliver (Photo @ Lee Wardle)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/stagecoachuk/6223383493

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - S813 FVK - 07 Oct 2014

(07 Oct 2014, 12:05 pm)Kuyoyo Just a bit of note regarding 5254's history

5254 seen below during its early days on loan to Chester-le-Street- in plain red not sliver (Photo @ Lee Wardle)

Hadnt actually noticed this, 5253 is the same. They both went on to wear the 'Go North East' version of the 'swoop' livery.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Kuyoyo - 07 Oct 2014

(07 Oct 2014, 3:15 pm)Robert Hadnt actually noticed this, 5253 is the same. They both went on to wear the 'Go North East' version of the 'swoop' livery.

5251-3 worn the 'Go North East' swoop livery, 5254 was later repainted sliver/blue for the 309.

Bus pasts until January 2003 - R852 PRG - 07 Oct 2014

(07 Oct 2014, 12:05 pm)Kuyoyo Just a bit of note regarding 5254's history

Nice destination blind!

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - S813 FVK - 07 Oct 2014

(07 Oct 2014, 3:19 pm)Kuyoyo 5251-3 worn the 'Go North East' swoop livery, 5254 was later repainted sliver/blue for the 309.

Could have sworn 5254 was placed into that livery as well but either way, doesnt really matter.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Dan - 11 Oct 2014

(05 Oct 2014, 8:25 pm)Dan Just to let you all know, this isn't an abandoned project...

Indeed, I've just fired off an e-mail this evening with my queries for the last few vehicles I'm yet to complete (of the ones that I am completing - ie everything but the 484x/485x Volvo B10BLEs and the remaining Olympians in the fleet).
I was so busy with other things last month that I completely forgot to send off that e-mail, but as I was updating things on the fleet lists today, I remembered to send it.
When I get a reply and have a chance to update those vehicles, I'll move on to providing a photo for each event in the Fleet History section for every vehicle in the fleet! This is the style I have adopted - only the date is hyperlinked, making it more presentable. If I cannot find any photographs for that event, it is left blank.

I've updated the photographs for all of the minibuses in the fleet too - some have been updated with better quality photographs while others have been updated with more recent photographs showing that vehicle at its current depot/in its current livery. I have deleted the photographs for those records which have not got an up-to-date photo showing what the bus looks like at the moment (542/45/46/64/66/69, 603/05/51).

With regards to some of the previous records I was updating:
Go North East's paper records for movements prior to 2003 are held at Chester-le-Street, meaning that I'm unable to confirm when 3890/91 transferred from Chester-le-Street Depot to Percy Main.
Other things I had question marks above, including some of the Scania L94s and Volvo B7TLs, have all now been updated to reflect the missing dates.

I've now updated the Vehicle History section for the fleet lists, including any missing dates and altering a few things...
- Volvo B10BLEs 4923 - 4925 were all new to Winlaton, rather than Gateshead, and this was the main inaccuracy that has been altered. 
- Added some notable information for 3801 - 3804, but with this has come another question mark. Off memory alone, it is thought that 3801 - 3804 were re-deployed to Chester-le-Street after the arrival of the Dennis Trident/Plaxton Presidents, rather than Percy Main immediately, and 3801/03/04 were transferred later down the line (though there's not a definitive date for this, it's on the list to be checked with the paper records which are at Chester-le-Street).

I don't have definitive dates for when the Dennis Tridents were repainted pink for use on the "Angel", nor do I have dates for when they lost "Angel" branding in favour of "Sir Bobby Robson" or "ShowStopper" - if anyone else does, speak up! Tongue

All done now - just hunting down photos from now on.

(07 Oct 2014, 3:19 pm)Kuyoyo 5251-3 worn the 'Go North East' swoop livery, 5254 was later repainted sliver/blue for the 309.

Sorted - think it was an assumption based on the fact that its life at Stanley was so short-lived... Smile 

(11 Oct 2014, 1:45 pm)Dan All done now - just hunting down photos from now on.

Making a start on this - see 538 as an example.
For each vehicle type, I will create a 'Needed Photos' list and put it on here, just in case anyone has photos of them that I can't find from a quick search on Flickr.
You can see on the example above, I haven't been able to find any photos of the vehicle when it was in service at Washington.

Equally as boring as collating all of the information in the first place - thought this would be the fun bit!

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Malarkey - 11 Oct 2014

(11 Oct 2014, 2:41 pm)Dan Making a start on this - see 538 as an example.
For each vehicle type, I will create a 'Needed Photos' list and put it on here, just in case anyone has photos of them that I can't find from a quick search on Flickr.
You can see on the example above, I haven't been able to find any photos of the vehicle when it was in service at Washington.

Equally as boring as collating all of the information in the first place - thought this would be the fun bit!

It'll be one of those things where at the time there wasn't many Bus Spotters about, so therefore there won't be many Photos from back then compared to now where there is quite a lot of us dotting about, it is a shame as I do like seeing Old Photos of GNE's Fleet.

(11 Oct 2014, 2:49 pm)NEBCD Malarkey It'll be one of those things where at the time there wasn't many Bus Spotters about, so therefore there won't be many Photos from back then compared to now where there is quite a lot of us dotting about, it is a shame as I do like seeing Old Photos of GNE's Fleet.

I'd suggest it was more so due to the fact that digital cameras and Internet use weren't as high - bus photography was once an expensive hobby to pursue, though can be done fairly cheaply these days.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Malarkey - 11 Oct 2014

(11 Oct 2014, 2:53 pm)Dan I'd suggest it was more so due to the fact that digital cameras and Internet use weren't as high - bus photography was once an expensive hobby to pursue, though can be done fairly cheaply these days.

Hadn't thought about it from that standpoint, Although back then I would've only of been 10 Years Old or Younger for Photos of the Leyland Nationals etc, I was only 14 when Branding came into affect in 2006 although at the time I wasn't interested in Photography I certainly wouldn't of thought it would've been that Expensive to buy a Camera though, I would imagine quite a lot people would've still been using Disposable Cameras at that time.

If you need any Photographs Dan, feel free to use any of mine, I really don't mind and I have got around 300 GNE Related Photos to Upload from the past Month or so where I have been out Replacing the Old poor Quality ones that I deleted on Flickr from my First Camera, Still have around 150 Vehicles to Photograph which will include Several Trips out.

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Andreos1 - 11 Oct 2014

Google is great!Wink
http://www.bbc.com/news/10368124
http://www.sparksunderland.com/uncategorized/2010/04/wow-what-a-showstopper/

Specific dates for moves to Deptford, may be narrowed down by looking at the arrivals of buses into Chester ie Vykings.
I remember working in Sunderland early 2010 and saw the plain pink deckers plying their trade.

(11 Oct 2014, 3:22 pm)Andreos1 Google is great!Wink
http://www.bbc.com/news/10368124
http://www.sparksunderland.com/uncategorized/2010/04/wow-what-a-showstopper/

Specific dates for moves to Deptford, may be narrowed down by looking at the arrivals of buses into Chester ie Vykings.
I remember working in Sunderland early 2010 and saw the plain pink deckers plying their trade.

Those were the articles I used to get the dates I already had ('by April 2010' and 'by June 2010'). The press releases mightn't have been done straight away, which was my worry.
I already had when they moved to Deptford. Wink

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Andreos1 - 11 Oct 2014

Phewf, good job I didn't spend ages looking for info. My reaction may have been slightly different if I had spent time researching dates, to be told you had already used that material previously.

It may be worth letting people know where you have looked already - particularly when people are 'helping out'.

(11 Oct 2014, 4:15 pm)Andreos1 Phewf, good job I didn't spend ages looking for info. My reaction may have been slightly different if I had spent time researching dates, to be told you had already used that material previously.

It may be worth letting people know where you have looked already - particularly when people are 'helping out'.

All of the information I have is on the fleet lists.

It may have been more difficult for those who did not know what the fleet numbers were for the former "ShowStopper" and "Sir Bobby Robson" branded Dennis Tridents were - but if people were willing to give up their time to 'spend ages' looking for information, I think they'd also check to see what I had down already for the vehicles in question (or that's what I'd do, at least).

I perhaps should have stated 'definitive dates' earlier, with regards to the aforementioned branded vehicles, so as to avoid confusion...

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Adrian - 12 Oct 2014

There's also the fact that a lot of enthusiasts have a shed load of photos, but they keep them for their own personal collection for whatever reason. Whereas I think these days, people are more willing to share their photos and info. 

RE: Bus pasts until January 2003 - Malarkey - 15 Oct 2014

Had Sub Branding "Twenty One 24 Hour Service", Date on the Photo is July 2004 but i'd think it sometime after August 2006 when it received the Branding, as suggested on the NEB GNE Fleetlist 
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stagecoachuk/15541713525/