North East Buses
Customer Service thread - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Customer Service thread (/showthread.php?tid=958)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Customer Service thread - R852 PRG - 15 May 2014

(15 May 2014, 6:13 pm)robisdave15 Tis funny that? Was just thinking about Arriva CS when I saw your post. First question is ? What is the point of them? 2nd, Why employee real people when a machine can trot out the excuses and is cheaper and why does, in this age of technology, take 10 working days to respond? When I worked in CS our aim was to respond to customers? Complaints, queries or whatever immediately and if we couldn't then access the information/whatever and get back to them as soon as. Not only that we didn't deal in excuses; an excuse in my eyes is an excuse for shoddy service and Arriva must be well versed in it!

Well said! Tongue

RE: Customer Service thread - R852 PRG - 15 May 2014

I've only just remembered this as I was flicking through the threads, but when I was about 3 my late grandad and I were walking around Chester when he asked me if I wanted to go and look through the depot doors (not enter, just peak through and see what was happening). We walked along Picktree Lane, and got to the middle door (the one where the buses exit) when a managerial figure (he was probably nothing of the sort, just appeared to like to think he was) asked us what we were doing. My grandad explained to him that we were just watching the buses, and the guy said 'Oh no your not, now F*** off!'.

RE: Customer Service thread - Adrian - 15 May 2014

(15 May 2014, 6:32 pm)Marcus I've only just remembered this as I was flicking through the threads, but when I was about 3 my late grandad and I were walking around Chester when he asked me if I wanted to go and look through the depot doors (not enter, just peak through and see what was happening). We walked along Picktree Lane, and got to the middle door (the one where the buses exit) when a managerial figure (he was probably nothing of the sort, just appeared to like to think he was) asked us what we were doing. My grandad explained to him that we were just watching the buses, and the guy said 'Oh no your not, now F*** off!'.

How nice. Standing in a public place and you're apparently in the wrong. I'd have loved to have that argument. It wouldn't have ended well at all.

RE: Customer Service thread - R852 PRG - 23 May 2014

(15 May 2014, 7:17 pm)aureolin How nice. Standing in a public place and you're apparently in the wrong. I'd have loved to have that argument. It wouldn't have ended well at all.

We just walked away before anything started, I mean it's not like we were even entering the depot and trespassing, we weren't even standing in the middle of the doors; we were just standing on the path looking in! Gradually I've become the type of person who loves to battle verbally if it means getting their own back.

RE: Customer Service thread - northern156 - 10 Jun 2014

Just been shouted at by a very rude 'manager' at Gateshead to stop taking pictures. I wasn't doing anything wrong for f*cks sake!

RE: Customer Service thread - RM2186 - 10 Jun 2014

(10 Jun 2014, 11:01 am)northern156 Just been shouted at by a very rude 'manager' at Gateshead to stop taking pictures. I wasn't doing anything wrong for f*cks sake!

Were you taking pics at the Gateshead end of the High Level Bridge earlier?

I was after I walked away from the interchange. Were you on one of them?

He whistled and shouted ' oi come here' so I waited for him to walk round. Then he started talking to a couple of people so I thought 'eff this' and walked back to Newcastle. Stupid old pr*ck. I was standing at one of the stands with my camera.

RE: Customer Service thread - R852 PRG - 10 Jun 2014

(10 Jun 2014, 2:05 pm)northern156 He whistled and shouted ' oi come here' so I waited for him to walk round. Then he started talking to a couple of people so I thought 'eff this' and walked back to Newcastle. Stupid old pr*ck. I was standing at one of the stands with my camera.

I don't take photos - but I have seen a pair of older 'gentlemen' with their cameras out in the open in Gateshead. Three 'hi-vis bearers' looked like they were ganging up on them.

RE: Customer Service thread - Adrian - 10 Jun 2014

Probably worth reading the trespassing thread. Basically it's private (Nexus) property, and theyre exercising their right to enforce rules.

RE: Customer Service thread - Jimmi - 10 Jun 2014

(10 Jun 2014, 3:24 pm)aureolin Basically it's private (Nexus) property, and theyre exercising their right to enforce rules.

Nexus will let you smoke on the stand (despite signs saying its illegal) but if you even so much as show a camera they send a swat team.

RE: Customer Service thread - BJ10VUS - 10 Jun 2014

(10 Jun 2014, 4:31 pm)Jimmi Nexus will let you smoke on the stand (despite signs saying its illegal) but if you even so much as show a camera they send a swat team.

Completely unrelated, but I wish they'd fix that door in Stand G at Gateshead! I don't know what it's for, but all the drivers just let it slam... I'm assuming it goes to a staff room or something?

RE: Customer Service thread - RM2186 - 11 Jun 2014

(10 Jun 2014, 1:48 pm)northern156 I was after I walked away from the interchange. Were you on one of them?

I was driving one of them Smile

RE: Customer Service thread - R852 PRG - 11 Jun 2014

(10 Jun 2014, 9:27 pm)BJ10VUS Completely unrelated, but I wish they'd fix that door in Stand G at Gateshead! I don't know what it's for, but all the drivers just let it slam... I'm assuming it goes to a staff room or something?

I think it's staff toilets and a little break room. They can probably get a bit more change in there as well.

RE: Customer Service thread - Adrian - 11 Jun 2014

(11 Jun 2014, 3:39 pm)Marcus I think it's staff toilets and a little break room. They can probably get a bit more change in there as well.

Cashing up machines perhaps? Think CLS have similar facility at their front street office?

RE: Customer Service thread - R852 PRG - 11 Jun 2014

(11 Jun 2014, 6:12 pm)aureolin Cashing up machines perhaps? Think CLS have similar facility at their front street office?

They do indeed - it's also where the drivers have a small canteen to get their bait. Above the travel shop (the Temple of Doom Tongue) is the control room with the toilets and other facilities at the rear. The third floor is just nothing as far as I'm aware.

EDIT: In fact I wouldn't even class it as a canteen - I've been told there's one or two places to sit down and apparently everything to eat is out of a vending machine Dodgy. Also, just in case my post wasn't worded right, that's what I meant by 'get a bit of change' and the 'cashing up machines' as you put it Smile

RE: Customer Service thread - Adrian - 13 Jul 2014

How not to respond to a customer complaint...

[Image: Pg6yHzz.jpg]

RE: Customer Service thread - Michael - 13 Jul 2014

(13 Jul 2014, 9:13 pm)aureolin How not to respond to a customer complaint...

Thats not good, someone will be getting told off

RE: Customer Service thread - mb134 - 13 Jul 2014

(13 Jul 2014, 9:13 pm)aureolin How not to respond to a customer complaint...

Shocking :O I think I would have preferred to have not received a reply at all...

RE: Customer Service thread - Dan - 13 Jul 2014

Can vouch for that 56 always being five minutes late leaving Sunderland mind, but every time that I've used it, it's made up time by Concord.

Doesn't excuse the rather abrupt and rude response mind - suspect they'll be getting a telling off next week!